We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Incredible Dancing Paper Napkin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6992 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Got mine today! Brilliant! I NEVER would have thought of it in a MILLION years! I agree with Lou...if you happen to have the Sean Bogunia Dancing Hank, this is a great follow-up!

I work a lot with I.T., and this is PERFECT! I have several ideas I came up with, after watching the DVD. One idea has to do with Halloween. This would go good with Glorpy, as well.

Thank you, Randi, about the Wal-Mart idea...you are correct...very valuable info!

Doug
brainman
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of brainman
I like it ; ) ... the method is very refreshing!
best,
T
ScotDeerie
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ScotDeerie
Does this effect require palming? I try to learn things I can teach my nephews (9 and 11 and just becoming fascinated with magic) but I cannot palm things. I don't mind spending the $$ for the DVD but I'd like to know if my own limitations are going to thwart my evil plans.*

*of making the boys into magicians Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
ScotDeerie, you'll be okay with this.
What would Wavy do?
ScotDeerie
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ScotDeerie
Quote:
On 2008-01-18 10:24, Mark Raven wrote:
ScotDeerie, you'll be okay with this.

Whoohooo!! I'm off to order one! Thanks!
darkdean
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of darkdean
Greetings

I own this and it great and I love the method.

The problem I have is what size of squirrel to buy to make the hankey dance.

Can anyone advise me please

Dean
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
The instructions are clear--a mid size north american tree squirrel.
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
This is good, and is perfect if you are out with your friends at lunch or dinner.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I have seen this performed in the abcmagicshop .. it is a killer trick!
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I know the secret and I STILL want this. My questions is this. Why do so many people buy this and turn right around and sell it? I understand that once you know the secret, it's done but why sell it?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2008-02-28 16:52, SoCalPro wrote:
I know the secret and I STILL want this. My questions is this. Why do so many people buy this and turn right around and sell it? I understand that once you know the secret, it's done but why sell it?

I was wondering that myself? I just bought a used copy & was told that I may want to sell it after I learn the secret.

I would assume that you would have no need to go back & watch it again?

Mike
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1157 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
I personally do not see the need, but as long as I learn AND perform any effect I picked up from a DVD I keep the DVD on hand. Who knows maybe my jumbo coin slipped out of Tenkai palm, bumped me on the head, and I got amnesia? I think of it as a prop: I still perform the effect, I keep the DVD - I retire the effect, I sell the DVD.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Well, by nature...or by nurture...magicians are a pretty tight bunch. It is one of those effects that once you know the secret you probably won't forget it. But I am one of those people that says that..."if anyone wants to know the secret..let them pay what I did". I'll be keeping my copy.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Totally agree with you, John. The creator of an effect has every right to a proper reward for the effort, and if we don't support that, the well could start to dry up!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
All this is true... also, don't forget that real magicians try to have a vast library of books and videos.

It's the hacks that don't read and sell videos after they watch them.
Especially the don't READ part.

Randi
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-02-29 12:31, randirain wrote:
All this is true... also, don't forget that real magicians try to have a vast library of books and videos.

It's the hacks that don't read and sell videos after they watch them.
Especially the don't READ part.

Randi

I only watch 10 minutes of a DVD and sell it after giving a scathing review that it didn't teach much.. And I never read more than 4 pages of a book before before doing the same.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
I only watch 10 minutes of a DVD and sell it after giving a scathing review that it didn't teach much.. And I never read more than 4 pages of a book before before doing the same.

Yeah... I've heard that about you. Smile

Randi
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2008-02-28 19:42, Ichazod wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-28 16:52, SoCalPro wrote:

I was wondering that myself? I just bought a used copy & was told that I may want to sell it after I learn the secret.

I would assume that you would have no need to go back & watch it again?

Mike

Just bought mine used today from a poster on the Café and no way am I parting with this. This is too cool. Smile
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Just ordered this. Sounds like a fun effect.
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
164 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
The trick is a great deal of fun. The video is very well done it explains the methods and how to make sure you can burn the people who ask you to "do it again"

I would not sell my copy as I may in the future want to go back and build some of the holders he shows you how to build in the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Incredible Dancing Paper Napkin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL