The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Handphone Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Anyone put thought into this area of magic? Especially since handphones are becoming so popular now, and everyone carries one everywhere they go.. This kind of magic would be really impromptu!
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
I have something. I have an agreement with two of my friends. I force a card to someone and ask them to call with my cellphone to his number. When my friends see that it is me in his caller ID they talk with this guy and after some presentation they reveal the name of the card. It gets great reactions. But tell your friends to talk a little with the spectator, because otherwise they think it's a recording. This way is much stronger.
vidablue
View Profile
New user
uk
4 Posts

Profile of vidablue
There's a trick I bought the other day which is the same as that, but you get the spectator to select any card and then txt the number you give them ... after a few seconds they receive a txt reply telling them the card. It's really quite impressive
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
On a similar note, make sure you know the person's number. Set up a text message with a force card. Have it ready to go.

Force the card, place the deck on the table, place his phone on the deck.
Either secretly send the text yourself, or have someone else do it. There's always a gap of a number of seconds which adds to the effect.

The selected card appears on his phone on the cards. Great effect, and all the focul point remains in one place.
Fon
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
200 Posts

Profile of Fon
Even better,

Send the text first but don't let them open it until you do the trick.

Keep the phone in view the whole time etc.

Fon
Always thinking..........?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Probably been thought of before, but stooge in the audience could send the magician info through a cell phone that the magi has under his jacket set to vibrate.

landmark
vidablue
View Profile
New user
uk
4 Posts

Profile of vidablue
The one im talking about is David Penns "Trick A Text". In this trick you don't need to force a card. You can even get them to think of any card in the deck. Then you simply give them a number to txt to and the name of there chosen card is txted to them. Its a fantastic and very powerful effect because you never need to touch their phone or force a card. I don't know if its available in the USA though.
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
David Acer has a cell phone trick, that may be based on an old principle (most likely).

First, hand YOUR cellphone to a spectator for 'safe keeping'. In a notepad, you have one spectator write down "a number smaller than a million", take it back, give it to another spectator to "think of another number, over a million, and write it below the previous number".

A third spectator is then told to add the 2 numbers up (which should be a 7 digit number), and then they dial that "answer".

Lo & Behold, the 'answer' is the magician's cell phone number. Even better would be to have a stooge, and have the spectators come up with a cell phone number that matches another spectator.
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Hoelderlin
View Profile
Regular user
Turin, italy
112 Posts

Profile of Hoelderlin
Quote:
On 2003-07-14 22:45, landmark wrote:
Probably been thought of before, but stooge in the audience could send the magician info thru a cell phone that the magi has under his jacket set to vibrate.

landmark

I thought on it, but it's difficult to find serious applications: difficult to make the phone vibrate at the very exact moment you need (there is an unpredictable delay) and difficult to make it vibrate for an exact number of times or seconds.
With a cell, I have not exactly a trick, but this tip: the phone number of my girlfriend is associated in the address book of my phone with the name "5 of clubs". When we are together, I force to someone the 5 of clubs, put my cell on it and my girlfriend secretely calls me...
A very good effect performed in a conference by a friend of mine is this: you have a deck of cards; any of these has a phone number written on it. You are blindfolded, give your cell to the spectator and just hearing the sounds of the keyboard you name the card. If someone is interested, you can contact him at http://www.marianotomatis.it
Hölderlin (Massimo Manca) - Circolo Amici della Magia - Turin - Italy.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Have them send you a text message, and just check it when you turn your back or goto your pockets for something.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
There's a very good cellphone trick on Tim Ellis's DVD - Ellis in Wonderland. However, you will need the assistance of a confederate (aka The Wizard trick of days gone by).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Handphone Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL