The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lucid dream revw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Just purchased Lucid dream. Have some donwload problem initially. that's probably why Mac hasn't announce the website yet. But he quickly email me the dwnload. Excellent services!!

I only quickly read thru the PDF.I also have a few questions asked mac and waiting for reply now. So I will give more detail revw once study and practice it in more details.

All I wanted to say is that it is a bargain and one of the best CIB so far.So go and buy it when the website is announce!!

The script is very detail with all the methods explained. All methods are explained with clear photos too.
It covers nearly every situations, signed coins, bigger size coins, viusal thru and everything.

Good buy
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
By the way, the methods are all new. No magnet, no wire and no bend coins.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
The only thing I don't like is the one off dwnload and non-printable pdf. I actaully prefer print it out to study and storage. digital copy is so easy to get lost.

I think the security method only create inconvienance. theives always have way to get around it anyway.

Still, one of the best CIB of the yr!!
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
How's the set up? I read it's quite gimmicky.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I read that it can be done with a borrowed bottle though, but if you are using a coin that is bigger than the next, it probably uses a little bit of set-up.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I'll get it when it's printable...I can't stand reading stuff off of my computer.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

You may be able to copy and paste it to a notepad.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-09-21 17:56, Harv wrote:
I'll get it when it's printable...I can't stand reading stuff off of my computer.

With almost 500 posts, seems like you're doing quite well so far. Smile
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
If you require a printable version let me know.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Hey, MacGyver, can you please check your PM's?
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Gmmagic:-
- It need you to make the gimicky and carry with you. But once done, there is not much setup. It also take lots of practice too. But if you are familar with other CIB, then the sleight is not difficult.

The guy,
- Dream I can do it with borrowed and signed bigger coin and bottle.
- Dream II cna do it with borrowed and signed coin only.
But dream II is a much better and clever version. It is visual and faultless.
I am sorry but it is hard to explain further without exposed the method.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Macgvyer
- I also wanted printable version. is it possible email it to me agian? I pm you, pls chk.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-09-21 18:00, DougNicols wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-09-21 17:56, Harv wrote:

With almost 500 posts, seems like you're doing quite well so far. Smile

LOL
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I too purchased my copy today and had the same little glitch WiseOwl mentioned but Mac came through like a champ and remedied the problem right away! I won't be able to work up the props until tomorrow but after a brief read I KNOW it'll be a piece of cake and I'll be dazzling folks in no time!
Thanks again Mac for everything! *REVIEW to follow soon*
Mick
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Im glad you guys like the many effects include. Hope to read a full review soon.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Alright, finally finished reading the PDF and made up the gimmick. I tried it out to friend but hasn't perform it yet.

Lucid dreams needs quite a bit of practice and preparation. I am not ready to perform it.

The PDF covered quite a lot of things. Each 'dream' content cib, signed coin thru and big coin thru. But overall, I think there is only 3 things/major selling point

1) Dream 1: borrowed coin AND borrowed bottle
This is the major advantage of dream 1 to the other CIBs in the mkt. You don't need to bring your bottle and coin. You can started anytime you like without setup at all.

Dream 1 allowed normal smash thru and signed coin thru. It also have bigger coin version. But this version use a old principle that most of us knew already. Its no big deal.

Dream 1 is very practical and you can do it in close up without angle problems

But dream 1 can only smash at the bottle or slide in on top.

2) Dream 2: slowmotion visual penetration
This is the advantage of dream 2 against other method.
But unlike dream 1, you need to use your own bottle.It is less practical and certainly it is not impomptu.

The basic method it used, applying similar principle to other CIB in the mkt such as Abyss (I mean version 1, I don't have the new version and can't comment; but with difft gimmick.

I think the idea of slowmotion penetration is great. But the effect is not as smooth and faultless as abyss. There is still space to improve. Or may be my sleight of hand is not good enough?

Overall, dream 2 impressed me in the first instant, but after playing around, I don't like it. It is difficult and not as practical as dream 1.

3)Dream 2: Bigger coin than the open
I think it should seperate as 3 dreams instead of 2, because there are 3 difft selling points here.

The third new idea of lucid dream is to have a bigger coin thru. Unlike the big coin thru in dream 1, this one is a new idea and method. But again, the principle it used is similar to some I saw in the mkt. The method is new though and it is very clever. You can use the method to prepare bottle for AByss and other big coin thru as well.

I like this one. It is a new way to make bigger coin thru setup easier rather than a trick itself.

Comments
Overall, it is a very thoughful and comphrensive pdf. I haven't seen such serious work for a long time.

Dream 1 is certainly more practical and I will use it all the time. But you can do the same trick with other method and do as well. People see this all the time now, so there will be no 'screaming' frm spectator. The major advantage, however, is instant, repeatable, both borrowed coin and bottle and there is no setup.

Dream 2s are more fancy but less practical. I think they are workable, but you need a lot of practice. The method is not smooth and you will need to get right timing and crowd management to cover it. You also need to prepare and bring your own bottle. The major advantages, are slowmotion and big coin. But honestly, I will prefer passing thru (kevin parker) than dream 2. It is just easier.

For a price of $25 (?), is it reasonable? When abyss is only sold for around $17 bucks?
Difft people properly have difft view. But for the wide variations of methods, bonus tricks included (oh, I forgot, it is card to bottle, key to bottle and ring to bottle) and the detail instructions, I myself is certainly happy with the purchase.

The things that I hate, are non-printable and that I cannot use paypal to pay for it.

The download link is not workable, but luckly Mac email the file to me immediately.

I also have some problem with the gateway and needed to re-verify my card. The whole process may take up to a month (I don't use online banking and needed to wait for my statement). For just $25, I think this is very inconvienance.

Hopefully Lucid dream would sold well, then it can be sold thru major US/UK wholeseller. This problems will all be solved then.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Different strokes for different folks.

Lucid 2 is not the esiest cib but the amount of control you get makes it all worthwhile.

You have to in practice in order to get the feel of it. If you ask y2john, he'll tell you how easy it becomes and how natural it feels.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey

Lucid 2 becomes second nature with a little practise, it's not easy at first but with perseverance you'll find that it actually offers a lot of possibilities.
As Mac said... you need to get a feel for it and sometime it'll just click, then you'll stop thinking about what your doing and start thinking about ways of utilising this.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
The good thing about lucid dreams is that its not something that every magician owns.

When you do lucid 2 with a HUGE coin (not a slightly bigger coin that could be forced into the bottle).

When you've perfected the handling.
You lay the borrowed coin on the bottle just leaving it there.Theres no mistake that the coin and bottle are seperate objects. You can then have the spectatorhold both ends of the bottle and let them watch as you make the coin melt thru the bottle with the bottle in their hands.!

When they open it there's a coin that's too big to even come close to the mouth.
It works with all coins, magnetic or non magnetic.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Hi Mac

As I said, it properly because my sleight of hand is not good enough. I don't like the effect but I said that it is a good effect. So don't stop buy because wise owl don't like it!!

And I am glad you mentioned 'magnetic' Mac. I tried not to exposed the method so I haven't mention my modification of dream 2, which will make it easier to do. I think I will try to use magnetic coins instead of the original gimmick. So that the handling can be easier.

And Mac, how is the printable version? Still didn't hear any news frm you. Hopes that it will be ready soon?

Thanks and great work!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lucid dream revw (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL