The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 76 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Main card

Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine

I don't expect anything great from this. The fact that Chuck is coming off a loss may draw it out to a 3 round decision for him though. But I am expecting a 2nd or 3rd round knockout. Not a really interesting fight compared to the next.

Mauricio Rua vs. Forrest Griffin

Now we're talking. I have no clue why everyone is counting Forrest out so easily. I think I see Rua taking the first round, point wise, maybe draw some blood from Forrest. But Forrest is like that, he needs that, the whole wounded animal thing. I want Forrest to win though.

Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch

I hate the man, want Fitch to win, but I think Diego is coming back with a fury. Fitch won't make it easy, I see a win by split decision for Diego.

Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Lyoto Machida

I don't now too much about these two. I have seen maybe 3 fights with them in it combined heh. I am basing this only on records so I am going for Machida by submission.

Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares

I liked the match between Tyson vs. Clay, but I don't think clay is as good as Thiago. I think the advantage does to Thiago.

Preliminary card

Diego Saraiva vs. Jeremy Stephens

Diego.

Scott Junk vs. Christian Wellisch

Wellisch.

Michihiro Omigawa vs. Matt Wiman

Wiman

Anthony Johnson vs. Rich Clementi

Rich
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I get the feeling you enjoy the fights.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
You can tell?

Houston Alexander vs Chuck Liddell would be more interesting.

See you space cowboy...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They do some kind of fighting here in Reno, UFC or IFC or KFC, not sure which but it is popular.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well that was an interesting fight night...

Preliminary card

Wiman defeats Omigawa by unanimous judges' decision. This preliminary bout was not aired on the broadcast.

Wellisch defeats Junk by submission (heel hook) at 3:19 of round one. This preliminary bout was not aired on the broadcast.

Stephens defeats Saraiva by unanimous judges' decision. All three judges scored the bout 30-27 for Stephens. This preliminary bout was not aired on the broadcast.

Clementi defeats Johnson by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:05 of round two. This preliminary bout was not aired on the broadcast.

Main card

Griffin defeats Tavares by unanimous judges' decision. Judges scored the bout 29-28, 29-28, and 30-27 for Griffin. This kind of surprised me, I didn't give Griffin the credit, a great figher.

Machida defeats Nakamura by unanimous judges' decision. All three judges scored the bout 30-27 for Machida. This was an odd fight. Nakamura had a nice haircut, Ringo style! But all I saw was Nakamura getting beat on.

Fitch defeats Sanchez by split judges' decision. Judges scored the bout 30-27 and 29-28 for Fitch, and 29-28 for Sanchez. This was good. I am very happy that Fitch won, although I bet on the wrong man. Still got the split decision part right though! lol

Griffin defeats Rua by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:45 of round three. A great fight, Rua opened Forrest up pretty good in the second round. But Rua gassed out and was too tired to fight, go Forrest!

In the main event, Keith Jardine defeats Chuck Liddell by split judges' decision. Judges scored the bout 29-28 and 29-28 for Jardine, and 29-28 for Liddell. This was really weird. I was expecting Chuck to KO jardine within 2 rounds. Surprised it went that far. I think Chuck has gotten to the point where he feels he doesn't have to fight anymore, just stand there and wait to land a right hand, I hope he learns a lesson here. They should Change Keith's nickname to Keith "Jittery" Jardine. I could help but laugh while watching him.

See you space cowboy...
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I am wondering why the majority of the people coming over from PRIDE into the UFC are doing so horrible. Some seem to run out of energy fairly quick, which I find surprising cause PRIDES used the 10 min first round. And Forrest vs Mauricio was an example.

And Nakamura had a lot of hype behind him as well, like he was some PRIDE superstar, but looked horrible in the UFC.

I have noticed that all the people who are moving from PRIDE to the UFC they don't train in a cage until after their first fight, which is usually a loss lol.

See you space cowboy...
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Joey,

The only person that can back me up on this is Shannon Clark, but I actually picked the winners of the main card fights correctly !! Not necessarily method wise, but the winners of the fights. Had I been a betting man, I could have made some money (which wouldn't compare to the money I would have lost on other fights though).

Quote:
On 2007-09-23 21:57, Joey Stalin wrote:
I am wondering why the majority of the people coming over from PRIDE into the UFC are doing so horrible. Some seem to run out of energy fairly quick, which I find surprising cause PRIDES used the 10 min first round. And Forrest vs Mauricio was an example.

And Nakamura had a lot of hype behind him as well, like he was some PRIDE superstar, but looked horrible in the UFC.

I have noticed that all the people who are moving from PRIDE to the UFC they don't train in a cage until after their first fight, which is usually a loss lol.

Aside from a couple of the rule changes and as you mentioned, not training in a cage, there was never really the testing for steroids in Pride like there is in the UFC. I am not accusing anybody that fought in Pride of taking performance enhancing drugs, but... The Pride fighters were surrounded by this mystique of them being an elite class of fighters that would rule the UFC. Pretty much every single one of the except for Quenton Jackson has been a bust and the UFC paid a pretty penny for them.

The biggest bust financially so far I think is Cro Cop. He made $350,000 on his first fight against Eddie Sanchez and an undisclosed amount against the other two fighters he has faced in the UFC (and he has one more fight on his contract). I am guessing he probably made as much if not more for each fight after Eddie Sanchez's.

Josh Barnett wants back in the UFC really bad but he is an idiot. He has trashed the organization, trashed Dana White and priced himself out of the market. When he beat Randy back in UFC 36, he tested positive for steroids. he also wanted one million per fight. Now he is going to be subject to smaller and less impressive shows because of his mouth and attitude. (As you may figure, I am not a huge fan of Josh although he is a great fighter).
ME
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I am still upset about Kongo winning against Crop Cop, feel a little angry cause Kongo hit him in the groin like 5 times..

I have been trying a new prediction system. Not about who I want to win, but who I would put money on to win. So far I haven't been doing so well. Perhaps I should just go with who I want to win again heh.

See you space cowboy...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 76 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL