The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Folding quarter/Expanded shell half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
It`s a fun thing to use in many ways.using a old 16 OZ coke bottle is the #1 way I use it,and gets good results at partys.the rubber band is short lived though even after carefully deburring the edges on the fold peaces.Is there anny way to get the system to last longer? so I don't have to worry about a band snapping during a show LOL. I have a good DVD set that magic makers produced that has fun uses for the Gaffed coins. I have a Johnson expanded shell half on order to add to my collection.I cant wait to practice some fun tricks with it.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I have a David Roth video, where he says he uses two rubber bands most of the time with the gaff and specifically for that reason.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-09-23 06:34, Fingers wrote:
I have a David Roth video, where he says he uses two rubber bands most of the time with the gaff and specifically for that reason.....

A great video.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2007-09-22 22:02, enginemagic wrote:
the rubber band is short lived though even after carefully deburring the edges on the fold peaces.Is there anny way to get the system to last longer? so I don't have to worry about a band snapping during a show LOL.

I don't think there is any way to help make the band last any longer unless you would remove the band when not in use. Apart from that, probably the safest way would be changing the band before a performance. Then you can be pretty sure the band won't break. But if you perform this effect every day, I can see where you wouldn't want to do that.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Changing the band is advised in using this gaff.The good effect is worth the reward to use this high meintence coin.I do only use it part time.I use most of my low meintence gaffs a lot.As fingers noted about using 2 bands hides the slit better but could make it harder to fold when getting it out of the bottle?
I was thinking of trying a spring that is simular to what they use on a machine lip seal,but couldn't find a spring small enough yet
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
The spring idea sounds pretty good to me, if you could do it Enginemagic. It definately would have to be small though.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I have notice that. Someday I`ll come across a machine that I scrap out or be repairing that has a spring that I can use. I`m alwase working on ways to improve products to make them work better for the public,and industry.
The magic world can use a gaffed coin that works as well,and is long lived as a oil feild engine/pumping unit. LOL
:spinningcoin:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Folding quarter/Expanded shell half (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL