The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sleight Of Hand With Coins by Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
MJM magic has this new offering from Jay. It looks to be a good DVD from Jay.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/sleight-of......094.html
Featuring 17 incredible effects and 24 killer sleights, this is the ultimate introduction to performing eye-popping sleight-of-hand magic with just a few borrowed coins!

Learn the secrets behind many of Jay Sankey's all-time favorite manishes, productions, transpositions and routines! And as a very special added bonus, Jay has included TWO BONUS SECTIONS!

BONUS 1: COIN FLOURISHES
Learn two of the most popular flourishes in the history of coin magic and look like a TOTAL PRO!

BONUS 2: THE SECRET ART OF LAPPING
A collection of powerful techniques you can use to ASTOUND people any time you are seated at a table!

This exciting DVD was filmed with broadcast quality cameras and many of the instructional segments feature extreme close-ups taped from the performer's point-of-view to insure the MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF LEARNING!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I think we all saw this coming...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
How does this differ from Jay's earlier Revolutionary Coin Magic DVD?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
No thank you
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This dvd seems to be like the "Sleight of Hand With Cards" dvd he put out a few months ago: a beginner dvd.
It fills a particular niche.

Rev. Coin Magic is FAR from beginner material.

Frankly, I'm more inclined to pick up this release than the Penguin one simply because Jay Sankey has been doing coin magic for about 30 years. And he's really good at it.

While I am okay with coins, I think I might find some value in this release.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Actually, I find Jay's magic to look sort of unnatural, but he does have a very creative mind.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
He has funny gestures n funny special effects (Jay can burp like you won't believe) to go w/'em. I think he hunches too much when he performs... But he's still ta Man as I learned magic from his effects/DVDs first.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Unnatural? He might have a unique performing style, but his coin work is still very good. You should see him do the stuff in person. Looks excellent.

Remember, he was a coin guy before getting into cards. A different path than most.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Yes, his coin magic is great, but he was a comedian before anything. He is the funniest person alive. I personally learned mainly from Michael Ammar video. When I was a kid, I learned from the annoying Tony Hassini videos.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Actually, he was a magician first, then a comedian, then a magician again Smile
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I'm pretty sure he was at least a professional in comedy first.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I think jay is taking the time to make a few "Complete beginner" dvds which I know a lot will thank him for. Some of the beginner stuff out there is horrid.

Good on him for spotting a hole in the market and yet again for filling it!!

Alan
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

No, he was a magician first. He was published in Richard's Almanac when he was about 17 years old, I think. I believe he got into stand up in the late eighties but I could be wrong. He had already been working as a magician for years before that.

Unless someone here can correct me on that.

And I agree, Alan.
Ogre1234
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
92 Posts

Profile of Ogre1234
Jay has been around a very long time. He has some great material from all those years of experience.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I think, this DVD will find its audience .. . .
Cards never lie
magic_man_jim
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of magic_man_jim
Jay is a great performer and has a wonderful creative mind.
Yes some bash his work, mostly because of his performance style. So what if he leans in to far when he perfoms, he is used to doing table magic. The point is he is taking some great work and puting it out there for starting magicians. I know I learned a lot from him when I was young and learning magic, he is a good teacher and has some great effects outthere!

Just my 2 cents about jay sankey....always good to add his material to your library!
Magic is not to fool...but allows you to believe!

Jim Boothe
www.jimboothemagic.com
jim@jimboothemagic.com
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Every time Jay comes out with a new DVD I think to myself "there he goes again".
Then I order it!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-09-24 17:19, professorwhut wrote:
Every time Jay comes out with a new DVD I think to myself "there he goes again".
Then I order it!

HAHAHHA. That's what I do. Many times I'm quite happy with the offering.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
gelbepfeife
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of gelbepfeife
Sometime ago I heard Jay will release a Revolutionary Coin Magic 2 later this year, Is that this DVD with another Title or a second Coin DVD?

I think this will be one of the better Sankey ones.

greetings Gelbe
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
Ask Mister Kavanagh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sleight Of Hand With Coins by Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL