We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F2? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 17:29, Tom G wrote:
Getting back to the subject at hand, how will the new release tie in to people that bought the first version of UF3 from Bob?

Tom

Yes, it's a good idea. People who send back to U3F ' s original video to BOb can buy the first batch of U3F 2.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I bought a set a few years ago from someone here on the Café. I wasn't really happy with the gaff, it was always loose. I sent it to Todd and he worked on it, and added the teflon coating on the inside. I still wasn't thrilled, and after 2 months, sold it to someone else. I've been contemplating CFWM, but I'm trying to hold off and see the verdict on U3F2. Very curious to see what comes of it. I assume that either Tom or Jamie would be making the gaffs for it. But they're all clearly not ready to say yet. I have some beautiful coins from both and think they're both suited for the job.

One thing I'm not suited for is the argument of the genesis of 3Fly. (It's a little bit different than the theft that hs been going on regarding the theft of Bob's routine by MM.) This is one of those very few things that really makes me hate our little community. All the petty bickering over who decided to hold a coin a certain way 20 years ago. Really, I don't give a ****. I respect the work of all those involved, but the more they bicker, the less I respect. Grow up.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Where's the Magic Lantern been Pepka? I for one miss hearing it.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I love it how I'm the liar and misinformed one, while Kenner is involved with another publishing of someone else's trick and gaff. You guys seem to forget that he is one of the heads of T11.

Thomas Wayne called me Jonathan's lap dog on another thread. Jonathan has been a great friend to me and others that show an interest in magic history. Check out the search function and look at Jonathan's posts vs. Thomas Wayne's and then get back to me. Who upholds the tag line of this forum?

But all I'm interested in is the facts. If I come to the realization that Jonathan is wrong about this issue then I will publicly say as much. From what I've seen of Jonathan's posts he'll agree to disagree and that will be that. All of the friends I have disagree with each other's core beliefs all of the time. Who wants to sit in a room full of "Yes men"?

I wish I could pay lip-service to someone just to get some "benefit". I've burned too many bridges in the past to know that if I feel it needs to be done, I'll burn many more.

As I've said many times, don't believe anything I say, take in all the facts and make up your own mind.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Hey Podcast,
Thanks for the nice words. We recently recorded an episode, I guess Scott doesn't have it up yet. In that we explain a little what's been going on. The bottom line is the real world has been getting in the way of our playtime. We hope to be back on a more regular schedule soon.
Pep
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 13:17, podcastrant wrote:
while Kenner is involved with another publishing of someone else's trick and gaff. You guys seem to forget that he is one of the heads of T11.

Are you serious dude? You seem to forget you don't know anything about Kenner's involvement. That you are just some guy on a an online forum. So he is an artist for theory 11, big deal! Is his name on that particular effect? No! So stop spreading rumors, OK? Are you going to tell us that Kenner was involved with the Copperfield rape?

When I read your posts and all your "fact" spewing its like you are one of the big dogs. You weren't anywhere near Townsend, Kohler, and others when VCA/3 fly was being created. You are certainly not part of theory 11. You certainly were not involved in talks between theory 11 and Steve D. You certainly are not on the board of ethics. Sorry to tell you but basically everything you know is just hearsay. You don't even start these rumors or spew these "facts" using your real name. You are just some bozo named "podcastrant"(what the hell does that ridiculous name mean anyway) with coins in his eyes.

Just for shoots and giggles...Just what do YOU offer to the magic community? Do you perform professionally(a card trick at thanksgiving doesn't count)? Do create and publish new material? Do you write for any periodicals? What do you do besides come on here and witch hunt, start rumors like the one above, and spew your hearsay "facts"?

Oh, and what is your real name? Just so Kenner and others can know who is starting rumors and can be familiar with the guy who knows what "really happened" with just about everything relating to 3 fly...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Chad Barnard...does that make you feel better?

Google would have given you the answer to your podcastrant question and what my name was. With detective skills like that, no wonder companies keep pushing old products as new effects and magicians blindly go along.

Check this from T11 website:
"theory11 is a group of 11 individuals united in an unparalleled, strategic alliance under one goal, one mission, and one objective: to advance the art of magic."

Did you read the press releases and the build up to the site? It said that this company was started by those magicians.

I do not know what happened with the origin of 3Fly. That's why I keep asking questions. A lot of stuff FROM BOTH SIDES doesn't add up and I'm interested in knowing the answer. Where else but a magic forum can we discuss this? My wife and friends could care less about magic and I know some of you could care less about this topic. I'm sorry I care and was just looking for the truth. My point, is to blindly take a person's side because they have a name in magic is silly, without all of the facts.

So if I'm wrong about the dates, which everyone but Jonathan says I am, so I guess I am, what about the use of an unpublished Latta move?

Latta could have given permission for all I know. That's why I'm asking. I'm just looking for the truth and if sometimes I have to make leading posts to get some light on a subject, I will. Many of things you and others have attributed to me believing in are far from the truth. Check back over my posts and read slowly.

If Chris is not involved in management then the website and initial hype is misleading. If Chris is not in management and has nothing to do with this trick why is he calling Steve Duschek with the CEO? Why isn't it Bueno?

I'm not accusing him, I'm asking questions to stuff that doesn't make sense.

If I was there I wouldn't have to keep asking the questions. It's funny that you're so sure, even though you weren't there either, that I'm wrong.

Kill your idols.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 15:55, Hart Keene wrote:
[...] You are just some bozo named "podcastrant"(what the hell does that ridiculous name mean anyway) with coins in his eyes.

[...]

I don't know what silly meaning he has for his ridiculous screen name, but you might notice that I have shortened it to "castrant". I like this version better because it has the appearance (at least) of accuracy. See, Hart, my theory is that the word "castrant" might very well be a good description of a male who has... um... shal we say, "had his work cut out for him"? You know, a eunuch... no nuts... ball-less... you get it, right? Not only is he Jonathan's little lap dog, but he's also been neutered - lol.

So "castrant" seems a very fitting moniker for a complete coward who comes on the forum and throws around insults and accusations without even the minimal courage of using his real name. I recommend you call him "castrant" from now on; he'll know what you mean, and so will everyone else.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Haha...Check all my past posts and then check Wayne's to see about character. You will also see whose percentage of insults and accusations is higher.

I'm sorry you guys can't work a computer and do a simple whois search. Towards the beginning of the podcast craze I did three to four weekly shows on my podcastrant.com site. I haven't done anything on there in quite a while, but still use this name because people know me from the other forums. It's hilarious this has held you guys up so much. If you were so interested search podcastrant in google and you would have had your answer.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:14, podcastrant wrote:
Chad Barnard...does that make you feel better?

Google would have given you the answer to your podcastrant question and what my name was. With detective skills like that, no wonder companies keep pushing old products as new effects and magicians blindly go along.

Check this from T11 website:
"theory11 is a group of 11 individuals united in an unparalleled, strategic alliance under one goal, one mission, and one objective: to advance the art of magic."

Did you read the press releases and the build up to the site? It said that this company was started by those magicians.

I do not know what happened with the origin of 3Fly. That's why I keep asking questions. A lot of stuff FROM BOTH SIDES doesn't add up and I'm interested in knowing the answer. Where else but a magic forum can we discuss this? My wife and friends could care less about magic and I know some of you could care less about this topic. I'm sorry I care and was just looking for the truth. My point, is to blindly take a person's side because they have a name in magic is silly, without all of the facts.

So if I'm wrong about the dates, which everyone but Jonathan says I am, so I guess I am, what about the use of an unpublished Latta move?

Latta could have given permission for all I know. That's why I'm asking.

If I was there I wouldn't have to keep asking the questions. It's funny that you're so sure, even though you weren't there either, that I'm wrong.

Kill your idols.

Why would I take the time to google podcastrant? I clicked on your link and the site doesn't seem to work anyway, or is under construction, whatever.

I don't know anything for sure either! No one except for the parties involved know anything for sure. That is why I wouldn't be making generalizations about kenner and theory 11.

Who cares what a press release says!!! It is just a freakin press release! A little commercial. You must get sucked into every type of advertisment you see. So because of that little paragraph about theory 11 Kenner is automatically involved with DD and is a thief? So if Houchin kills some guy in a knife fight in mexico then Kenner should do time as well? Get real podcastrant.

What do you mean kill my idols? You don't know who my idols are. I just don't want no name guys like yourself spreading rumors and talking trash about guys that have done more for our art than you ever have or ever will.

It doesn't really matter though, you will believe whatever you want and spread whatever rumors you want.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:31, podcastrant wrote:
Haha...Check all my past posts and then check Wayne's to see about character. You will also see whose percentage of insults and accusations is higher.

I'm sorry you guys can't work a computer and do a simple whois search. Towards the beginning of the podcast craze I did three to four weekly shows on my podcastrant.com site. I haven't done anything on there in quite a while, but still use this name because people know me from the other forums. It's hilarious this has held you guys up so much. If you were so interested search podcastrant in google and you would have had your answer.

At least T. Wayne signs his own name and actually offers something to the magic fraternity.

I like how you come at us with "if you knew how to use a computer blah blah blah". Now we cant play on the playground during recess! Grow up castrant. I don't really care about "podcastrant" enough to search for it on google.

Whats this I hear? 3 or 4 weekly shows? You must be proud...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Why would Kenner be on the call to Dusheck and not Bueno?

I thought Kenner has nothing to do with this.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Why would you be so involved on a thread about Digital Dissolve? I thought you had nothing to do with it...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
One day I'll be cool enough to wear a vest and fan cards like you. And maybe one day I'll be able to live off the house that Lassen built.

Then I'll be cool and you'll like me.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Why would you be so involved on a thread about Digital Dissolve? I thought you had nothing to do with it...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Because I like to choose where and who my money goes to and I wanted answers.

It's clear we don't see eye to eye. Especially since you've joined name calling forces with TW.

You're right about everything, I'm a total sham. People please do not read my posts.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:41, podcastrant wrote:
Then I'll be cool and you'll like me.

Lets not go too far..

BTW, just what do you do in magic, besides this?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Nothing.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:46, podcastrant wrote:
You're right about everything, I'm a total sham. People please do not read my posts.

Finally we agree on something!
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:49, podcastrant wrote:
Nothing.

Well at least you're honest...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F2? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL