We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F2? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 12:27, Hart Keene wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 12:20, zauber wrote:
J. Townsend.... I don't know you, don't want to. But you are the penultimate provacateur. Just go away and leave the rest of the participants alone. We don't like your incessant psychobabble. Just go!!!! Nobody cares !!!!!


Uh, what? Are you being sarcastic?


Nope, it's just someone trying to be provocative.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***We don't like your incessant psychobabble.***

I wasn't aware there had been a poll or that "we" had given someone the right to speak for the group! Maybe this is a schizophrenic disorder and "we" is he and them and if so, take your meds!
Mick
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
What about T Nelson Downs? Dave Roth mentioned him in one of his dvd and he has a poster of Downs, doing something like a 3 fly at least that is what Dave Roth thinks.

Is he right or wrong?
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 12:20, zauber wrote:
J. Townsend.... I don't know you, don't want to. But you are the penultimate provacateur. Just go away and leave the rest of the participants alone. We don't like your incessant psychobabble. Just go!!!! Nobody cares !!!!!

I like Jonathan and his thought provoking posts. I don't want him to leave us alone.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I don't know who "Zauber" is but we don't need to give any attention to his ridiculous post...I should have just ignored it before.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Wu,

I think you're referring to "Production of any Number of Coins at Fingertips". It's in his Modern Coin Manipulation.

He produces coins, one at a time, at the end of a wand and invisibly transfers them to the fingertips of the other hand. So it would be more like what Bertini is doing with his Edge Grip production but using the Classic Palm instead. Downs produced a lot more that most do these days though.

It is available cheaply, as an ebook, over at Lybrary.com and has a lot tricks in it, that some people continue to "create" to this day.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 13:43, WU wrote:
What about T Nelson Downs? Dave Roth mentioned him in one of his dvd and he has a poster of Downs, doing something like a 3 fly at least that is what Dave Roth thinks.

Is he right or wrong?


It's what he may think and what he may wish to believe. Downs was far too much the egoist to have discovered and explored this constellation of ideas, gotten them working and not announced his accomplishments by doing everything but actually crowing from the rooftops.

IMHO Downs did not explore this path. However you are free to see how an audience will follow an invisible transit using the tip of a coin wand as a launch or catch point. One can almost envision using the coin want as an intermediary between the coin stand and the Copenetro for a nice platform routine.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Podcastrant,

Thanks a lot for the answer and reference, I'm gonna go to get that book right now.

Thanks again.

Wu.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:11, podcastrant wrote:
Haha...dispute anything I've said. For others you can check the sources I cite. Wayne stops discussing things with me because each time I've shot cannonball-sized holes through his "logic".


And later:

Quote:
On 2007-10-27 07:25, podcastrant wrote:
Thanks for the response Bob. I stand corrected. [...]



LOL! That's one of the best laughs I've had all week.

Hey, "castrant", I've got news for ya... you're no Columbo. But I'll give you a little hint... it was Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the candlestick.

LOL


TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 15:00, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 13:43, WU wrote:
What about T Nelson Downs? Dave Roth mentioned him in one of his dvd and he has a poster of Downs, doing something like a 3 fly at least that is what Dave Roth thinks.

Is he right or wrong?



It's what he may think and what he may wish to believe. Downs was far too much the egoist to have discovered and explored this constellation of ideas, gotten them working and not announced his accomplishments by doing everything but actually crowing from the rooftops.

[...]


Right, Jonathan... no one can rival YOU at that particular skill.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I know...don't believe anything I say.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 16:06, Thomas Wayne wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 15:00, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 13:43, WU wrote:
What about T Nelson Downs? Dave Roth mentioned him in one of his dvd and he has a poster of Downs, doing something like a 3 fly at least that is what Dave Roth thinks.

Is he right or wrong?



It's what he may think and what he may wish to believe. Downs was far too much the egoist to have discovered and explored this constellation of ideas, gotten them working and not announced his accomplishments by doing everything but actually crowing from the rooftops.

[...]


Right, Jonathan... no one can rival YOU at that particular skill.

TW

This is better than those old Bruno vs. Tyson fights!
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Bob, any word on who's making the gaffs?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
TW makes most of bob's stuff do not see why he would not be doing this
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Can't wait to buy this when it comes out. I missed the first one because I wasn't into magic yet.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
So, what's everyones "HOLD" on this? Is Kenner going to be coming over here to act as referee?
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
This week I'm favoring the "Camel Clutch".
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm a Arm Bar or Chicken Wing kinda guy! Smile
MickeyMauler
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2690 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Getting back to the subject at hand, how will the new release tie in to people that bought the first version of UF3 from Bob?

Tom
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
A date for this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F2? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL