The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Freakey" by Gregory Wilson - my review (long) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
One sale doesn't tell much. If many show up.....

Eaby has some, but the prices are around $80.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yap, same here; but who knows if I'll find it at the right timing when the sale is on..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
A wonderful Café sponser, The Magic Warehouse has FREAKEY for $84.

FREAKEY

MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
This site has them for $79.95 with free shipping.

http://www.bottsbeans.com/shop/index.php?productID=200
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's getting lower as more shops get them in stock. That's why it pays to wait.

Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
COPPER and silver keys?

Surely BRASS and silver? Are there keys actually made of copper? I've never seen one.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
They are Brass and Silver.
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Ahhh...good. Thanks.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I've discovered a minor defect in the design of the key ring.

If you open the unit and continually turn it anti-clockwise the screw holding the thing together will seperate and fly out because it's spring loaded. You will lose both both the spring and the screw if you're not careful. This will render the unit useless.

However, the design of the keys is faultless.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Andi - Thanks for that info. I've ordered mine and it would be a drag to have it pop loose unexpectedly. I assume a few turns clockwise occasionally should do the trick. I'm curious what sort of reactions those who use it are getting?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'd like to know the reactions. It would help if you used a copper/silver routine with coins and could compare.

Are the reactions 20 times better ( I know, hard to measure so we'll say much stronger )?

I never found coins to be a problem. I always say " I went to the coin shop down the street and they had these very old coins". Just like politcs, say it and they believe it.

I like the idea of using keys. But not at $80 if the reactions are no better than with coins.

Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
So the only way to get them uncut is to order direct from Greg?

Are there any dealers who offer uncut?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1026 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2007-10-06 12:09, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I'd like to know the reactions. It would help if you used a copper/silver routine with coins and could compare.

Are the reactions 20 times better ( I know, hard to measure so we'll say much stronger )?

I never found coins to be a problem. I always say " I went to the coin shop down the street and they had these very old coins". Just like politcs, say it and they believe it.

I like the idea of using keys. But not at $80 if the reactions are no better than with coins.

Considering how much you've posted in the Freakey threads, I think you should bite the bullet and just buy it.

You're clearly very interested, but sitting on the fence ... 80 dollars is a fair price, and really isn't that much either, I'm sure you spend more than that a week on other non-essentials.

Update the old. Take two key rings off a keyring and loose the whole explanation part of why you carry two out of date, coins of different nationalities in your little black purse.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I was wondering about the uncut thing too and having them cut to be actual keys you use. But then again if you were using these gimicked keys to unlock things, I am not sure about the wear and tear on them. Is it worth it?

Eric
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-10-06 13:27, kannon wrote:
Quote:

Considering how much you've posted in the Freakey threads, I think you should bite the bullet and just buy it.

You're clearly very interested, but sitting on the fence ... 80 dollars is a fair price, and really isn't that much either, I'm sure you spend more than that a week on other non-essentials.

Update the old. Take two key rings off a keyring and loose the whole explanation part of why you carry two out of date, coins of different nationalities in your little black purse.

I've bought more thna my share unseen over the years. Considering the history of this effect to get to market, I was very wise to wait.

Update the old? I guess we can all throw out out BOBO and Roth coin magic books? A little black purse? I don't use a little black purse. $80 is a fair price? Are you involved in the sales or manufacturing of Freakey?

Do you perform professionaly?

"kannon" until you state your full real name and have a recent photo, I'll pass on taking any suggestions from you on how to spend my money.

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
David Acer's performance and routine make this a great effect in my opinion. I like Keys to the Kingdom, but didn't care for the stickers. So, I was happy to see David perform his routine with these keys.

All in all, I bought the trick, and don't feel like I got ripped off. Not always the case when I buy magic... so it was a good day.

John
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2007-10-06 13:27, kannon wrote:
Quote:

This is an interesting one because I have always been more taken with slightly unusual props than the normal looking stuff. So two out of date coins feel a little bit special whilst messing about with two keys feels like messing about in a hardware store. I get turned off the same way as I do when I see tricks with washeres etc, it all smacks a bit of desperation to do a trick with anything to hand, whether its any good or not.

that's just my personal phobia and I couldn't say that this applies to spectators at all, but its why I'll stick with my coins (and may even get a purse).
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Im still not sure on wheter this is a piece that I will use all the time. Like I told someone here earlier, as far as Greg's Routine. It plays well and I do like most of the routine. Although there are move(s) that to me unless rushed seem to be Ahh if you know what I mean. I still have to try this out on real audience or a few buddies. I do like David Acer's routine and maybe could be a opener for the Greg routine. if you wanted to do that. But don't get me wrong, I love my coins and as far as WHO carries a english penny and a half dollar on them every day???? Ah I DO! THE MAGICIAN!! LOL I always thought that statement was funny. But when it comes to coins and English pennies or Walking Liberties, well that is all patter my friend. Nice little story on why you carry those coins. But back to Freakey, I think it was the demos that had me a bit off edge with it. I like most of the demos but some I really hated because I come across those type of people all the time. (DRUNK GUYS AT THE OUTSIDE BAR) and two guys to the left of the girls in the online Demo. I don't know if I could play it off like Greg did. Now there was a demo with the guy and girl at the restaurant where they were more or less like, "YEAH OK AND?" I think it was the talk about how he owes you this much money so forth and so on. I just don't think that bit landed with the man. Now the other kids in the street where he ends up with the credit card. (WHICH SHOULDVE BEEN A BONUS ROUTINE) was my favorite demo. It showed just the right kind of reation. But I guess untill I figure out my own patter and routine with Freakey I cant give my honest opinion. So far I do like this effect and might be a great worker. Just need to try it out myself.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paisa, thanks for sharing those gerat thoughts, Looking forward to seeing your final verdict on this effect.

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-10-07 05:27, paisa23 wrote:
"I like most of the demos but some I really hated because I come across those type of people all the time. (DRUNK GUYS AT THE OUTSIDE BAR) and two guys to the left of the girls in the online Demo. I don't know if I could play it off like Greg did. Now there was a demo with the guy and girl at the restaurant where they were more or less like, "YEAH OK AND?"

We've all been there and I feel your agony! I just stop playing those "tapes in my head and replace them with my own absolute outcome."
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Freakey" by Gregory Wilson - my review (long) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL