The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Freakey" by Gregory Wilson - my review (long) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-06-15 18:51, inidyls wrote:
I been performing this a year before it was on the market. I never had a problem keeping the three keys on key fob. I actually like having all the keys scratched. I never had a problem either with the lighting because they can easily see one key is smoothed and the other rough. My best or favorite thing I like about Freakey is it looks totally impromtu, let's face it how many people actually carry an english penny with them. And the keys are my real house keys , I never leave the house without them.

JV

I was thinking about the scratches and I would hope the scratches are the same on both brass keys?

Anyways, I performed this repeatedly for the first time in my paid gig tonight strolling. Nice indeed. I use it for mentalism and it played very well as a compliment to other effects.

I thought I lost the FOB for a while there, was panicking. I really like the quality of the FOB and so far the spring has not become loose.

Its on to the Hyatt tomorrow night for a group of attorneys:)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Greg Wilson performed this on Reel Magic Quarterly issue 5. It was VERY close-up and looked amazing. I mean, like real magic. I think he should have used that footage when he released it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I posted this elsewhewre, but here it is again.

After all this time, I'm getting Freakey. It's not that I didn't think it was a good effect ( I love Greg Wilson's magic ), I was just so attached to my c/s coin routine.

I'd take the coins out of a small, leather "purse" ( Ton's Onasaka's is the best ) and tell them I'm a coin collector and just got these form the local coin shop. So, using coins was never an issue.

But, when I saw Greg Wilson perform Freakey on Reel Magic #5, I was sold in getting it. Anyone that doesn't have it, get Reel Magic and watch Greg perform it. The camera is right on his hands and you see an amazing routine.

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3348 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
It is a great effect. Greg does a great job in the dvd explaining every little nuance.
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
I'm definately interested in purchasing this - I'm watching prices - they seem to have semi-stabilized in the $75-90 range.

Only "complaint" I can imagine is wishing there was one extra key so an exchange could be made at the end and all keys examined simultaneously.

While my paid performances or street performances wouldn't have the problem, I enjoy playing with my friends/family members heads occasionally and they're all too enthusiastic with "lemme see it" requests.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jimmy, if you order direct through Greg Wilson, you can ask him about the extra key. Greg sells the keys "uncut" so that you can get them cut to match your house key.

kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
I never had any trouble determining which is which as with age the copper tarnishes. I do however need to pull this one back off my shelf as it went there as I was cleaning out one of my jackets. Shame on me…

Sean
MagiKsticky
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of MagiKsticky
One of the best $100's you can spend (or less?)... My keys tarnished nicely. I usually have this on my keychain ready to go. Sometimes I forget it's even there, but only for a brief second Smile
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Waiting patiently for mine to arrive. Smile Any day now.
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

For those interested, I asked Greg via email and he said he'll send an extra key to "end clean" with for $10.00 +S&H from his gregorywilsonfx.com - just e-mail him if interested.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Good man, that Greg Wilson!

Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I have one of these (in just opened condition) here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76

Thanks,

Sean
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
I have a unused, "uncut" set forsale with keyring. I have pics of these if interested.
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Does anyone know where Gregory Wilson has been? I purchased Freakey from him around 3 weeks ago (on August 7th) and, as I mentioned here, he kindly offered to provide an extra key for me.

That being said, it's been quite some time and I haven't got a reply from his emails lately.

Anyone seen/heard from him lately?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
How much howie3?
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

So no one's heard from him?
Mabas
View Profile
New user
Singapore
5 Posts

Profile of Mabas
He just emailed me about my freakey today. Smile apparently he was out of town! And he is really super nice! Yeah for Gregory Wilson! Smile:D:D
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Greg's a world class guy. whateverisisright, you heard back from Greg on this, correct?

whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Chris, Yep. I was just getting on here to verify that actually. There was an additional email address on the FreaKey website that I sent a msg to and I posted the msg here---Gregory said it was sent out 3 weeks ago; I just never got it. He overnighted me one FedEx. Very nice guy. Very easy to deal with. All is well and I'd have no hesitations about doing business with him again. Thanks for asking.

As for the effect itself, I'll try to make a full review of it later but in short:
Keys look great
It's so easy to do you'll be doing the basic presentation (presuming you have performing experience) by the next day flawlessly. We're talking verge-of-Scotch-And-Soda easy. Of course, you can add moves in and make it look even more convincing but the genious in this effect is how simply it is and how convincing it is, even with just the most basic of presentations.
Lots of extras on the DVD.
WELL worth the money. This is an effect I'll keep in my pocket consistantly from now on because...it's just 3 extra keys you throw on your keychain.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jimmy, thanks for the update!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Freakey" by Gregory Wilson - my review (long) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL