The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Freakey" by Gregory Wilson - my review (long) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Mr. Ree
View Profile
Elite user
Sedona AZ
414 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ree
Robvs,

Thanks for the details.

David
An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
---- William Bernbach (1911 - 1982) ----

(After 25 years of PCs, everything switched to Macs, June 2008)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos, great info, looking forward to hear how the experiment went.

decomposing in outdoor weather
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2013-07-12 00:13, Robvs wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 14:51, Mr. Ree wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 01:15, Robvs wrote:

You would never believe exactly how easy it is to plate something yourself. You don't have to be artsy and craftsy. Just spend $20 on a kit that can plate probably 100 keys. A five minute phonecall to the electroplating kit company made me feel like a seasoned pro. Felt just as confident during the process.

Robvs, Any information on kit you are using would be helpful.
I don't want to track down a kit that may not be as good. - David

Caswell Plug N' Plate Nickel kit SKU: PNPNK28 About 35 dollars
They sell direct from their site, though they vend on Amazon as well.

They make all kinds of kits. Their phone support is AMAZING. They are so knowledgeable. I have a feeling I'll be buying other kits for other metals in the future for other projects.

My key is "tarnishing" in my pocket with my other keys right now. My initial problem where the brass side looked too shiny has become a non-issue. However, I've realized I should have taped off the underside of the key, there is a bit of nickel on my brass edges. But not bad for a sloppy guy's first attempt.

May I suggest, the process involves wrapping some bandage on a wand and brushing it on (it's a bit more involved than that). However, I think the company sells some sort of "nub" that helps with precision work. I'd talk to them about that.

You have already gone above and beyond with the help your giving. If you ever get board, a few picks of the bandaging to this would be awesome I am so visual it stinks .... But you have regained my interest in this effect that has been sitting in my Drawer.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
What he said..............
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Freakey" by Gregory Wilson - my review (long) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL