The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Starting work tomorrow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Well, tomorrow I start work at a company I've worked for in the past. Need the money too badly not to.

The problem is that I really hate this place. It's a call center where we take calls from people needing help getting their dsl service up and running. This company uses people up and spits them out. Turnover there is really high and the company doesn't care as long as they're making money.

What really got to me the last time was that their attitude was ***** the workers and the callers. They really didn't care if the problem got fixed, only that you got off the phone quickly because the number of calls taken was the basis for them making money, NOT taking care of the customer as one would expect.

You know you're in trouble when you have to arrive at least one-half hour early for your shift just to find a parking spot. Then you have to hunt for a good chair to sit in. Next comes the search for a working computer since almost a third of them could be down at any one time. Never did see anyone from their I.T. department working on them. If you used the mike/headset that was at the computer, you risked getting someone else's cold...or worse. From there, the problems only got worse.

My only two consolations regarding this are that because I will be getting evening hours once training is complete, I will be able to spend my daylight hours looking for another job and now I have magic and a lot of friends in this fraternity to help keep me sane.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
If you like call center work, you might consider a homeshowing company. You work from your house on your hours, no commute.

I have a family member who had child care issues and for her it was an absolute Godsend!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'd just like a job!

If there are any HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS or your spouse is one let me know cuz I have some under the table questions about job hunting for them. I say again HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS or those in head hunting because everyone else just has opinions that the pros tend to not agree with. I've already put together a Forrest Gump resume (rather than listing my professional credentials I put stuff like 'me count box' so I sound more like what they want. Help!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Clynim Hope the first week of work is going too badly for ya buddy!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-09-27 14:02, Peter Carroll wrote:
Hey Clynim Hope the first week of work is going too badly for ya buddy!

That's harsh. Hoping that the week is going badly? Not just badly but "too badly". That's cold.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
With friends like that who needs anemones?

I'm not going to be as bitter and resentful as Peter by saying the following: Clynim, I hope your first week is mediocre.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Aaaahhhhhhh no! I did'nt mean what appeared on screen! Smile Let me re-phrase and try hopefully not to embarress myself this time by saying : Clynim I hope your week is going great...probadly unlikely judging by your initial posting but I have my fingers crossed! Smile

lol Nice one Vandy and Josh Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Starting work tomorrow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL