The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I have been watching this thread since the begining and wish something had been done sooner. Theory 11 waited till they sold out( or at least close to) of DD and then suspended the sales. I had been watching the counter on their site because this was one trick I wanted but could not bring myself to buy it due to the controversy around it. I was hoping everything would get worked out and I wouldn't feel like a crook buying this. I guess it will be available after all with the right creditor. Hope everything works out Steve.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Not everyone has forgotten you steve =) I really hope to see you make some things again.

I'm really happy to see a real response on this. way to go.

I got a lot of flak from people for "whining" but as you can see these things really effect real people's lives.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-10-29 12:43, Illusion & Beyond wrote:
I have been watching this thread since the begining and wish something had been done sooner. Theory 11 waited till they sold out( or at least close to) of DD and then suspended the sales. I had been watching the counter on their site because this was one trick I wanted but could not bring myself to buy it due to the controversy around it. I was hoping everything would get worked out and I wouldn't feel like a crook buying this. I guess it will be available after all with the right creditor. Hope everything works out Steve.

interesting huh. if I were a betting man, id bet that jamie would not make them any more gaffs. so now its "pulled"
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 13:55, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 12:43, Illusion & Beyond wrote:

interesting huh. if I were a betting man, id bet that jamie would not make them any more gaffs. so now its "pulled"

Hey guys:

I'll be happy to take your bet! Smile We are not even close to out of stock on these items, and Jamie is still willing to make the gaffs. Jamie has, in writing, permission from Dusheck to do so. We suspended sales of the item because it was the right thing to do - and we are still attempting to reach Mr. Dusheck.

Wayne Houchin
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Good thing I'm not a betting man perhaps =D
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Thanks Wayne, it means a lot.
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 14:08, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Good thing I'm not a betting man perhaps =D

:) Josh - I hope that you don't think that anybody at T11 is put off by your vigilence with this matter (and that goes for everyone). All of us hope that you would be as watchful with us if we ever found ourselves in a tough spot. Thank you for that. Again, this is a matter that we have taken very seriously from the start & are commited to making things "better than right." Talk to you soon.

Wayne Houchin

P.S. We admire & congratulate all who expressed their feelings during this delicate situation. Without passionate people like you, artists like Steve Dushek & the rest of us would never have a fighting chance.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Wayne,
Thanks for the post and yes, you may count on me to go to bat for you or other creators with no history of rip offs if something like this ever happens with one of your effects!
Mick
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I applaud Theory 11 folks for coming on here and I look forwad to a resolution on this matter.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I knew they would come through...

Thank you Theory 11 for doing the right thing...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 15:35, Hart Keene wrote:
I knew they would come through...

Thank you Theory 11 for doing the right thing...

Agreed. And now if Mr. Duschek concurs with Jonatahn Bayme's post we'll be that much closer to resolving this issue.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

So far it's lip service IMO and actions WILL speak much louder!
Mick
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Well on their website it says the effect is "temporarily unavailable". From Steve's posts on the Café and what people have said he has went through with theft in the past (I.e. Lethal Tender), I don't see him giving the go ahead.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Steve is not willing to play ball.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8820 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's great to see such fruit come from this mighty tree. I remember when it was first planted, think they eventually cut that part of this tree down and did away with it when some lunatics went off on various tangents trying to play Perry Mason with everything all at once. But be that as it may, it's good to see that Steve Dusheck is being given the respect due him and his marvelous works.

That's what all of this was about from the very beginning, to help a wonderful guy out that has helped out and provided so much for so many for so long. I'm glad to call him a friend, and glad that some bullies aimed at taking him off in a back alley were stopped, charged with the crime and found guilty because they were. And believe it, there weren't any mistakes made here or harmless oversights, and apologies only rendered because the culprits were caught in the act.

Personally, I believed Steve without reservation from the very beginning on all of this and his truth has never wavered on the matter. Those who thought otherwise and pleaded that way here need to check the balance on their own moral compasses as to what's good and not-so-good, especially when speaking of what the word "honorable" is all about, sans any particular friendships, loyalism or admirations.

Anyway, to Josh and many here, I think we all did a wonderful job right from the start in hunting this bear, and then in bringing the supposedly mighty mountain back down to Mohammed. Now that's real magic. Smile "Bueno" job! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Perhaps T11 ran out of DD?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Or perhaps they've run out of BS!
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 23:30, evolve629 wrote:
Perhaps T11 ran out of DD?

That's OK. I just recieved Steve Dusheck's 1982 lecture DVD which has this effect on it. He tells you how to make the gimmick and for 10 bucks you can't go wrong, that's with shipping. You get that effect (copper, silver trans.) which is worth more then the video and numerous other routines that are priceless. I can't recommend this DVD enough. I hope this helps everyone.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Anyone hear any update on this?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

I haven't heard or seen anything new other than some pot shots at Josh on the T11 site. I sent one of them a PM giving him a brief history lesson and a suggestion of being loyal to the creators but never got a response.
Might be time to turn up the heat again aye?!?!?
Mick
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2772 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Ummmmmm, no
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL