The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..18~19~20 [Next]
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
I love this effect... I'm planning to purchase this, but have one question: I've just upgraded to silver coins (Walkers, YAY!!), and I was wondering if the SS accomodates a milled-down half (the one that comes with it), or any half dollar (I want to use Walkers).

Thanks in advance!
Sahun Hong
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I just tried this a regular Walking Liberty Coin.
Fits just fine, only you must remember that a walking liberty is pure silver.
This may not be an issue.

PM me if you do not know what I am talking about.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
I think I know... oreo sandwich?

Is it much less noticeable with the clad halves (if so, by how much)? And, does Digital Dissolve come with a clad Kennedy or a '64?

Thank you!
SH

P.S. BJ Bueno does this with a Walker.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Yes, on the oreo.
Mine came with a 1971 half.

There is a difference, though only slight with the walking liberty.

I did not know that BJ used a Walker.

sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
But then... I'm still concerned.. when you do the thumb display won't they notice?!?
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Will anyone notice? I do not know.
At any rate, this is a wonderful effect, you should experiment with both halves and see.

Good Luck.

Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Why not just buy a unmilled walker? it cost merely 5 dollars
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
I HAVE walkers.. the part I haven't purchased yet is Digital Dissolve.

SH
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
174 Posts

Profile of Pathian
My DD came with neither a clad Kennedy nor a '64 actually. Mine came with a '69, which was from a period of years where Kennedys were made of about 40% silver. The silver content near the faces are about 80% so they are close to the appearance of a true silver coin. The copper content increases as you get to the center, but there is never any copper color visible as you would see with a clad coin. In any case, I replaced mine with a normal Walker because I like the look better. Perfect fit.

I've found that the "oreo" issue isn't really ever a problem. The proper angle for the trick is slightly above, so the edges don't get seen very easily. And even while you do the formal display, the eye is more attracted to the brilliant silver than it is to whatever is on the edge.
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
TY Pathian.

SH
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
I have found that using the Walker actually hides the SS better than the Kennedy it came with.
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Hi,

I use it with a Walker - mine came with clad Kennedy.

The ORIGINAL has a much nicer finish to the SS.

Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
You should also note the discussion on

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&224

before buying DD.

Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Kyf,
Am I mistaken, or have you purchased Digital Dissolve from Theory 11?
Thanks for your time.

Jim.
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Hi Jimmyj,

Yes, I was sadly naive when I saw the Digital Dissolve teaser and deluded by their hype.

When I found the effect was in fact Steve Dusheck's Copper Silver Transposition and the Gaff was created by Steve - I got pretty darn annoyed.

Anyone that releases an effect has two options - passing off something as their own (words like "invented by" and "unique" are clear definitions - Digital Dissolve is neither" - or to give due credit, get appropriate permissions and pay whatever negociated royalties with the original inventors.

Magic, sadly, is less that honourable on that score and there are thousands of people taken in by cheap and "instant" effects.

What is particularly hypocritical is the opening lines on the DVD state

"Imagine that you created a new kind of flavoured popsicle frozen dessert. Maybe it's a cross between watermelon and crab.

"Now let's theoretically assume that I invented a "popsicle cloning machine" that I used to "rip" your creation and create billions of illegal copies of your tasty dessert that I then distributed in the middle of New York. You'd be unhappy.

"Well, ripping this DVD is pretty much the same thing. And probably contributes to global warming, and/or herpes, and/or really bad feelings about yourself, you thieving communist. (Section 11.4.3 Theory 11 handbook of warnings)."

I've asked what is DIFFERENT in Digital Dissolve to Steve's Original and had nothing but waffle and weasel words.

After learning of my mistake in doing business with Theory 11 I sought out the original product and appologized to the inventor. I hope others can learn from my mistake.

Steve Dusheck is a GREAT guy, a real magical innovator and his effects deserve more than this blatent rip-off attitude, hypocracy and marketing hype.

For further comment on this see

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=210

Kyf
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I confess that I too bought DD.

Now, what to do?

Sell it, and so "prevent more sales to T11?"

Keep it, but pay SD for the routine as well [I actually already have the original gaff]

Both of the above?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I think if you already haev it you got two choices

1. return it they have a 2 week policy

2. at the very least buy steve's routine.

=)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Rutabaga, do you also already have Steve's lecture DVD? If not... a great purchase and learning experience. Smile AND you get to make contact with a great guy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
If you already have the original gaff, why not just return it?
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Quote:
On 2007-09-27 14:03, rutabaga wrote:
I confess that I too bought DD.

Now, what to do?

Sell it, and so "prevent more sales to T11?"

Keep it, but pay SD for the routine as well [I actually already have the original gaff]

Both of the above?

I threw it in the bin - very annoyed at the blatent rip-off and lack of respect.

Then tracked down the original, apologised to Steve for being taken in by the marketing hype - he replied and was very informative and helpful, bought his DVD and ORIGINAL gaff.

You know the saying - a happy customer tells one or two people - but an unhappy customer will tell everyone....

Kyf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.46 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL