The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hey, if you can aggravate the car owner enough that they go away does that mean you get full credit for the stuff you are using of theirs?

On the serious side, let's hang till thanksgiving and see where we are then. It's really a bad thing to get people feeling cornered or hounded.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Steve Dusheck
View Profile
New user
Hazleton, PA
46 Posts

Profile of Steve Dusheck
If people are going to claim I am difficult to deal with I would like them to give the names of the people actually making those statements and real examples of my being difficult to do business with.
When BJ Beuno asked me gor permission to make my sliding shell I said he could as long as it was not similar to my C/S Transpo routine. I explained that my health was bad and I needed the income from that trick just to pay for the medication I must take every day.
I told him if he only had different handling he could publish it or make a DVD showing anything new with my gimmick. But he insisted on having my gimmick to sell. I offered to supply the gimmicks but he didn't want to buy from me. He didn't even ask what I would charge for the gimmicks. That is why I said no to him. he did not want me to make any profit at all from my gimmick even though he knew I have health problems.
It was only when I refused that they all decided to claim I didn't invent the gimmick at all. But I did invent and anyone who knows of all the tricks I manufactured over the years knows I only manufacture my own creations.
Once my latest health problem is resolved I intend to start making my gimmicks again since no one can even copy them properly. I do not sell to any magic dealers so I don't have to sell wholes sale at 50% to 60% off the retail price. That means I hope be selling my gimmicks for about $15.00 with printed instrustions that will include additional routines. For those of you who insist on DVD instructions I will have an optional DVD available for about $5.00.
I am disappointed that so few magicians remember me. I quit selling magic to magic dealers about 15 years ago because they were all making or selling copies of all of my tricks. Copying tricks doesn't sound like much of a crime but my financial losses to the machinists and magic dealers is in the 6 figure range.
I am very easy to deal with. I gave my lethal tender to Sterling Magic and many other visual coin tricks such as Washout. I gave Waltzing matilda to Tenyo. I gave the 5 books I wrote to Jim Klein. I gave tricks to anyone who needed new tricks to help them financially. Many of the people I gave tricks to were strangers. And after giving them the tricks I ordered and paid for 100 of each to give them working capital. I also wrote the instructions and had them printed for them free. I would relly like to know the names of the people claiming I am difficult to deal with.
Best wishes,
Steve
Steve Dusheck
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Steve, let us know when you're up and running. You have a guaranteed customer right here [and I'm sure I'm not alone].

All the best to you!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I forwarded Steve's comemnts to Jonthan Bayme ( Theory 11 CEO ) and to Lee Asher.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'll pick up some items from steve once he starts selling again
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 21:28, podcastrant wrote:
Hart,
[...]
Your asinine comment regarding my comment that the co-chair of ethics for the SAM came on here and said it was a rip-off, I guess was your attempt at sarcasm. It fell short.

Kenner doesn't really have that great a reputation (on this board at least) for ethics. Since he took an idea of Jonathan Townsend's added a few things (including an unpublished Latta move for the last vanish that he didn't ask permission to publish) and released it without permission.

In his original ThreeFly pamphlet he states that it had been a pet routine of his since 1986. I find this funny since all documentation from Jonathan says that he showed it to Kenner in 1987. How could it have been a pet routine of his a year before Jonathan showed it to him?

If you watch Kenner's history of ThreeFly on COINvention you'll see that he said it was some time after Jonathan showed it to him that he perfected his routine. So this would put his dating in the instructions off even more

We've done our research, now you do yours.

Hey, "podcastrant" (speaking of asinine) since you've now been shown to be WRONG on both points - Chris Kenner "stealing" from Townsend, and the relative dates you've claim to have "researched" - can we expect an open apology to Kenner any time soon?

Just because you're one of Jonathan's lap dogs doesn't mean you have to follow in his his footsteps. You've made your mistakes and been mislead by your own personal Svengali, but don't you think now's the time for you to try to be a man and atone for your sins?

We'll wait over here.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
jbayme
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of jbayme
Mr. Dusheck, et al,

After exhaustively speaking with everyone here at theory11, I have decided to completely suspend sales of Digital Dissolve until we fully resolve the issue with Mr. Dusheck. To keep everyone current with what's happening, at this time, we are still trying to resolve this delicate situation privately, respectfully, and professionally. As the CEO of theory11, I do take responsibility, and I am truly sorry.

Please know I've only had pure intent from the beginning. When the situation first came to our attention, we began additional research and I promptly had a handwritten letter sent to Mr. Dusheck approximately four weeks ago in hopes of resolving the matter directly. I have still not received any response to this letter, and thereafter followed up with numerous emails and unsuccessful attempts to reach Mr. Dusheck by phone.

Please understand that it was my intention (and still is) to reach out and resolve the matter directly, privately, and professionally with all parties involved before replying and discussing this on a public forum. It's important for us to make known theory11's position and situation regarding this matter so that a lot of false accusations, rumors, and hearsay are laid to rest.

I work every day to resolve this issue. Chris and I attempted to contact Mr. Dusheck yesterday afternoon with no success. Only after his last post was I made aware of his delicate health issues. This can certainly account for a lack of response. Despite everything, I still truly wish to speak with him directly to express my apologizes for all the mistakes made and to "make good" on the situation.

Again, please understand that it was my intent to resolve this matter privately before coming to the forums. On top of everything, trying to wrangle everyone on my team (artists and staff included) for a full discussion was quite an effort. It took longer than I expected, and I, like everyone else on our team - wanted this to be resolved weeks ago.

Believe me when I say I want to make everything better-than-right for Mr. Dusheck.

Mr. Dusheck, if you're reading this - I am willing to do anything it will take to make this right. If you will please give me five minutes of your time, you'll hear the sincerity in my voice.

Respectfully,

// jonathan.bayme
ceo / theory11
atigu
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of atigu
About time this was pulled, just way too late for my taste though.
But by all means, good thing you guys over at T11 finally woke up.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Oh Thomas, how are those coin ladders coming?

Quote:
On 2007-10-26 20:45, Thomas Wayne wrote:

I’ve just shown that you’ve lied all along about Chris Kenner “stealing” your routine. Turns out you taught it to him, and one thing we all know is THAT isn’t “stealing”.

So this would mean that Lassen did nothing wrong to Kohler. Are you ready to atone for yours?

Right now it's Bob's word against Jonathan's. Bob says 84 and Jonathan says 87. Although I recanted after Bob's reply, I'm now waiting to see more evidence.

Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:44, Thomas Wayne wrote:
(PS: As for you, “podcastrant”, I was finished discussing anything with you a long time ago.)

I see your word is as good as mine.

Back on topic....Thanks Jonathan Bayme, this means a lot to a lot of coin workers on here. I think this step speaks volumes.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Like I said before, my comments on Steve D. were hearsay from a few anonymous folks. Notice the grapevine comment boys? That means hearsay. I didn't speak it as "fact". Obviously most of you have had a different experience with him, but I guess that is just hearsay to me as well...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I have been watching this thread since the begining and wish something had been done sooner. Theory 11 waited till they sold out( or at least close to) of DD and then suspended the sales. I had been watching the counter on their site because this was one trick I wanted but could not bring myself to buy it due to the controversy around it. I was hoping everything would get worked out and I wouldn't feel like a crook buying this. I guess it will be available after all with the right creditor. Hope everything works out Steve.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Not everyone has forgotten you steve =) I really hope to see you make some things again.

I'm really happy to see a real response on this. way to go.

I got a lot of flak from people for "whining" but as you can see these things really effect real people's lives.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-10-29 12:43, Illusion & Beyond wrote:
I have been watching this thread since the begining and wish something had been done sooner. Theory 11 waited till they sold out( or at least close to) of DD and then suspended the sales. I had been watching the counter on their site because this was one trick I wanted but could not bring myself to buy it due to the controversy around it. I was hoping everything would get worked out and I wouldn't feel like a crook buying this. I guess it will be available after all with the right creditor. Hope everything works out Steve.

interesting huh. if I were a betting man, id bet that jamie would not make them any more gaffs. so now its "pulled"
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 13:55, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 12:43, Illusion & Beyond wrote:

interesting huh. if I were a betting man, id bet that jamie would not make them any more gaffs. so now its "pulled"

Hey guys:

I'll be happy to take your bet! Smile We are not even close to out of stock on these items, and Jamie is still willing to make the gaffs. Jamie has, in writing, permission from Dusheck to do so. We suspended sales of the item because it was the right thing to do - and we are still attempting to reach Mr. Dusheck.

Wayne Houchin
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Good thing I'm not a betting man perhaps =D
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Thanks Wayne, it means a lot.
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 14:08, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Good thing I'm not a betting man perhaps =D

:) Josh - I hope that you don't think that anybody at T11 is put off by your vigilence with this matter (and that goes for everyone). All of us hope that you would be as watchful with us if we ever found ourselves in a tough spot. Thank you for that. Again, this is a matter that we have taken very seriously from the start & are commited to making things "better than right." Talk to you soon.

Wayne Houchin

P.S. We admire & congratulate all who expressed their feelings during this delicate situation. Without passionate people like you, artists like Steve Dushek & the rest of us would never have a fighting chance.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Wayne,
Thanks for the post and yes, you may count on me to go to bat for you or other creators with no history of rip offs if something like this ever happens with one of your effects!
Mick
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I applaud Theory 11 folks for coming on here and I look forwad to a resolution on this matter.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I knew they would come through...

Thank you Theory 11 for doing the right thing...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL