The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..18~19~20 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 15:35, Hart Keene wrote:
I knew they would come through...

Thank you Theory 11 for doing the right thing...

Agreed. And now if Mr. Duschek concurs with Jonatahn Bayme's post we'll be that much closer to resolving this issue.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
So far it's lip service IMO and actions WILL speak much louder!
Mick
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Well on their website it says the effect is "temporarily unavailable". From Steve's posts on the Café and what people have said he has went through with theft in the past (I.e. Lethal Tender), I don't see him giving the go ahead.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Steve is not willing to play ball.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8820 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's great to see such fruit come from this mighty tree. I remember when it was first planted, think they eventually cut that part of this tree down and did away with it when some lunatics went off on various tangents trying to play Perry Mason with everything all at once. But be that as it may, it's good to see that Steve Dusheck is being given the respect due him and his marvelous works.

That's what all of this was about from the very beginning, to help a wonderful guy out that has helped out and provided so much for so many for so long. I'm glad to call him a friend, and glad that some bullies aimed at taking him off in a back alley were stopped, charged with the crime and found guilty because they were. And believe it, there weren't any mistakes made here or harmless oversights, and apologies only rendered because the culprits were caught in the act.

Personally, I believed Steve without reservation from the very beginning on all of this and his truth has never wavered on the matter. Those who thought otherwise and pleaded that way here need to check the balance on their own moral compasses as to what's good and not-so-good, especially when speaking of what the word "honorable" is all about, sans any particular friendships, loyalism or admirations.

Anyway, to Josh and many here, I think we all did a wonderful job right from the start in hunting this bear, and then in bringing the supposedly mighty mountain back down to Mohammed. Now that's real magic. Smile "Bueno" job! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Perhaps T11 ran out of DD?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Or perhaps they've run out of BS!
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 23:30, evolve629 wrote:

That's OK. I just recieved Steve Dusheck's 1982 lecture DVD which has this effect on it. He tells you how to make the gimmick and for 10 bucks you can't go wrong, that's with shipping. You get that effect (copper, silver trans.) which is worth more then the video and numerous other routines that are priceless. I can't recommend this DVD enough. I hope this helps everyone.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Anyone hear any update on this?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

I haven't heard or seen anything new other than some pot shots at Josh on the T11 site. I sent one of them a PM giving him a brief history lesson and a suggestion of being loyal to the creators but never got a response.
Might be time to turn up the heat again aye?!?!?
Mick
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2772 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Ummmmmm, no
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
Aye, turn up the heat again, it's getting cold and stale again.

Quote:
On 2007-11-05 07:11, viris wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 23:30, evolve629 wrote:

That's OK. I just recieved Steve Dusheck's 1982 lecture DVD which has this effect on it. He tells you how to make the gimmick and for 10 bucks you can't go wrong, that's with shipping. You get that effect (copper, silver trans.) which is worth more then the video and numerous other routines that are priceless. I can't recommend this DVD enough. I hope this helps everyone.

Is Mr. Dusheck well enough again to ship out his DVDs? If so, I need to contact him and get this.
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
I don't know if he is well or not but I recieved my DVD in 4 days after I mailed my money. I don't know who I was e-mailing back and forth but it seemed like it was his wife. Anyway they were very professional. I still think it is {{WAY}} under priced.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Any word on that back of the hand snap change where you can show your hand right after? Is it taught on the DVD? Also heard there's a change where Lee Asher just picks up the coin, it changes, the coin is then tabled as examinable. Is that taught too?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Steve Dusheck
View Profile
New user
Hazleton, PA
46 Posts

Profile of Steve Dusheck
Jon,
Are you saying it's okay for people to copy my trick as long as they add a new move to the trick? Having a magnet attached to your wrist with a band aid is a very old idea from the 1960s and it is not practical for working magicians.
The routine on my DVD works in the real world under all working conditions. I spend a lot of time eliminating moves from my routine and they are cluttering it up with additional moves and additional gimmicks and angle problems that are of no use to working magicians. They are even showing moves described in my instructions for the Slippery Sam Combination Coins.
If you already have one of my gimmicks you know that adding teflon tape degrades the gimmick. You also know how much better my gimmick is. When my health improves it will be available again.
By the way, the CEO claims he spent a whole day calling me and sent many E-mails that I did not answer. That is not true. It was just lip service as most of you surmised.
He may be the CEO but he has no control on resolving the issue that they copied my trick without my permission. He is not really the man in charge so even if he really did send me an E-mail his words would onlys be words.
My wife is filling my DVD orders for me.
Steve
Steve Dusheck
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 10:01, Steve Dusheck wrote:
Jon,
Are you saying it's okay for people to copy my trick as long as they add a new move to the trick? Having a magnet attached to your wrist with a band aid is a very old idea from the 1960s and it is not practical for working magicians.
The routine on my DVD works in the real world under all working conditions. I spend a lot of time eliminating moves from my routine and they are cluttering it up with additional moves and additional gimmicks and angle problems that are of no use to working magicians. They are even showing moves described in my instructions for the Slippery Sam Combination Coins.
If you already have one of my gimmicks you know that adding teflon tape degrades the gimmick. You also know how much better my gimmick is. When my health improves it will be available again.
By the way, the CEO claims he spent a whole day calling me and sent many E-mails that I did not answer. That is not true. It was just lip service as most of you surmised.
He may be the CEO but he has no control on resolving the issue that they copied my trick without my permission. He is not really the man in charge so even if he really did send me an E-mail his words would onlys be words.
My wife is filling my DVD orders for me.
Steve

Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to stop by with everything you have going on. It is great news to hear that you are going to be offering YOUR gimmick again in the future. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Jim
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 10:01, Steve Dusheck wrote:
Jon,
Are you saying it's okay for people to copy my trick as long as they add a new move to the trick? ...Steve

OUCH. That's not the sentiment I wished to communicate or even imply.

I used that particular item ( the snap coin change ), shown in the demo video, to ask if the product is accurately represented - Rhetorically to ask about the basic integrity of those involved in the project and who stand by it.

My opinions about it being unkind, disrespectful and IMHO unethical to go around showing, publishing or selling other people's ideas or works even under the pretense of offering a minor change to handling, gaff, hand position etc. are all over the café and have drawn the ire of many.

best wishes to you and yours,

Jon
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Steve thanks for posting. I hoped for the best, but feared the worst.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ahh some more truth comes out and more people look like liars. thank you for keeping light on this matter
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I posted on their board, we'll see if they answer.

What's the next step? They were caught, pulled the effect and then lied about trying to resolve the issue. For me, they're worse off than they began.

Steve's assertion that Bayme is CEO in name only is very telling. How do we find out who has the power and makes the decisions for them?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Another reason why people continue to get away with it:

Quote:
Sleight_of_Hand post:
all I can say is LOL to josh barette, you talk too much

taking into account that I had not posted on that thread in weeks I can only guess that's into response from the product being pulling and some 13 year old not being able to buy it.

in response to pod, ill do some digging to see if I can find any public information on the company.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL