The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Good news...
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I would consider an opportunity for personal instruction for $350.00 or a DVD for $10.00, from Steve Dusheck, either a bargain. The more I discover about this man and his creative genius the more I am saddened that some greedy few have driven him into seclusion. This seems to be a trend with the most creative in magic. The right to the most guarded secrets must be earned, not bought for a buck from the latest slick Willy.

I hope this ends well for all concerned. I doubt anyone at Theory 11 would want their work stolen either. Treat other as you would like to be treated is still a good idea.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 02:16, Steve Dusheck wrote:
When I gave Schoolcraft permission to make my gimmick I assumed he would only be selling them retail to his customers. I cannot blame him at all for making thousands of them and selling them wholesale to Theory 11. I'm sure the money came in very handy for him and his family. I would probably do the same thing.
But later seeing how the gimmick was used not giving me credit makes it a matter of ethics. I personally think he should have stopped supplying the coins once he learned they were being used as a rip off of the trick I gave him permission to make. I will not comment on his ethics.
It's too difficult to judge a person without knowing all the facts. Perhaps he has major financial problems and really needs the money. That changes everything doesn't it?
When I offered him additional help on making the gimmick he never replied and he never sent me the sample of his coin that he promised. He never sent an e-mail to explain his position on the Theory 11 trick. His silence is quite loud.
I would feel bad if he really knew what was going on from the start but I don't think he did. As I said before, someday I'm sure we will be friends again. I made 100 unique gimmicked coin tricks. I'm sure some machinist will want to make some.
Steve

Steve, I have to wonder why you are "excusing" schoolcraft. Or so it seems...

You can't blame him for making thousands of gimmicks for t11? But you can quickly blame everyone at t11? You even say that you would have done the same thing? If you and everyone else can throw stones at ALL the guys at theory 11 then don't you think Schoolcraft deserves a boulder seeing that they would have had trouble proceeding without him? I am certainly not saying we/you should hang Jamie out to dry but don't you think that there is a double standard? You won't comment on his ethics? But you sure like to comment on theory 11's, and my ethics to boot. You say its difficult to judge a person without knowing all the facts yet you are quick to judge the individuals at t11. You have also "judged" me in your posts yet you know absolutely nothing about me and I have nothing to do with t11. Pretty convenient Steve...

You mention that "fanancial" problems changes everything, "doesn't it"? What exactly does it change Steve? Please explain. I thought this wasnt about money? If it is and theory 11 pays you then will all the wrongs be forgotten as it looks like they will be forgotten for Jamie? Remember when I mentioned the money thing earlier and got jumped on? Where was everybody on this one...

You say his silence is quite loud. Yet in the very next sentence you say you don't know if he knew about t11 but you don't THINK he did. More excuses for him.

Just so everyone is clear the only person you KNOW has screwed you over is Bueno. But if you are going to make Jamie an innocent bystander then you better add the REST of t11 to that list because in this case it takes two to tango...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 14:05, Steve Dusheck wrote:
That reminds me of a guy who stated he heard Dusheck was difficult to do business with and heard it from several sources. The topic being discussed was my refusal to give Bueno the rights to make my gimmick to go with his variation of my trick. The comment that Dusheck was difficult to do business with had nothing to do with business or the topic being discussed, and was only meant to deceive my supporters.
I received an e-mail from a magician stating he bought DD and since "I claimed" to have invented the gimmick and since he only lived a few hours away he wanted to come to visit me and see me perform my routine. He was also bringing a few of his magician friends. He never once mentioned paying me for my time as was also falsely stated. I found the e-mail offensive.
I explained that I am always very busy inventing new tricks, making tricks or filling magic orders. If he wanted personal intstructions it would cost him $350.00 or he could buy my DVD for $10.00. He found that offensive and published my personal reply on the Café.
I was charging what I normally charge for a private party and much less than I charge for my magic lecture. I would have to stop making magic and filling orders so someone had to pay for my time.
Other magicians also found this magician's comment stating "since I claim" to be offending and also thought the price I quoted was very fair.
It was after I received support for my response on the Café did that magician say he would have probably spent a lot of money with me. It would not be as much as the orders I already needed to make.
So several people did not say I was difficult to do business with. One person stated he heard I was and said he heard it from several sources.
By the way, talks are going very well between Marc and Jonathan. It is very good business to have an unbiased third person negotiate a business deal. Most people in business know that.
Steve

Steve, in this post it sounds like you fill a lot of orders. But a few pages back you said you had no magic left to sale because you have been stolen from so many times(starting to wonder about your defintion of stealing seeing that you authorize so many to make your products).

So was the comment about not having any magic left to sale just made to "deceive" others into supporting you? Kind of like how you accused me in your post of "deceiving" others by quoting what someone else said about dealing with you?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Schoolcraft WAS granted permission to make the gaff and Bueno was DENIED!
Some of the post might be read as cynicism!
***THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION and WILL NOT BE DEBATED WITH YOU HART***
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

?
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Whats the basis of your anger Hart? Facts hard to swallow or are you a paid stooge?
dancingm0nk3y
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of dancingm0nk3y
I don't think he's "excusing" Schoolcraft. I think he just really wants to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's one thing to get screwed by a company, but it's something else entirely to get screwed by a friend.
-- Clay
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
No need to answer tonight Hart, check with Bueno and see what he wants you to say next. ;-)
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 19:29, MickeyPainless wrote:
Schoolcraft WAS granted permission to make the gaff and Bueno was DENIED!
Some of the post might be read as cynicism!
***THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION and WILL NOT BE DEBATED WITH YOU HART***

But he was not granted permission for DD, correct? Bueno was denied BEFORE t11 was even around. Like I said the only person who has wronged Steve is Bueno. I was just trying to stop the big witchhunt. You have read this thread correct?

Steve says he has been stolen from multiple times. Can anyone comment on the actions he has taken on other "thieves"?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 19:56, RCP wrote:
No need to answer tonight Hart, check with Bueno and see what he wants you to say next. ;-)

I love how the one guy who simply has a different opinion gets all the low blows and spends most of his time on the thread defending himself against silly little posts such as this.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 19:39, RCP wrote:
Whats the basis of your anger Hart? Facts hard to swallow or are you a paid stooge?

Definitely not angry RCP, very happy. But thank you for asking. How are you feeling?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 20:25, Hart Keene wrote:
Quote:

I love how the one guy who simply has a different opinion gets all the low blows and spends most of his time on the thread defending himself against silly little posts such as this.

"The love you take is equal to the love you make"
-DJ
dancingm0nk3y
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of dancingm0nk3y
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 20:19, Hart Keene wrote:
Like I said the only person who has wronged Steve is Bueno.

I disagree. Theory 11, the company, has wronged Steve by publishing DD. If Bueno brought them the effect and said, "Here. This is mine and it's original, Scout's honor." Then T11 still committed a breach of ethics by not researching BEFORE publishing.

But, I still don't buy this ignorance claim since they did, in fact, put in a minor credit for Steve on the DVD.

This product reeks of something that was pushed through in the hopes that no one would notice. But, when people did notice and started to take a stand then we hear the "We're so sorry" and "We had no idea" and "it was all BJ's fault". I'm not saying that ALL the artists involved knew about this, but if they are part of the company then they ARE guilty by association.

I'm glad for Steve that they are getting closer to a settlement, but regardless of the outcome I will still remember T11 as the company that ripped off Steve Duschek with one of their initial offerings.

Clay
-- Clay
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 20:50, djkuttdecks wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 20:25, Hart Keene wrote:
Quote:

"The love you take is equal to the love you make"
-DJ

Another silly post, thanks DJ! Anyone else? Or should we try to stay on topic? I know its fun gangbanging guys but remember the thread isn't about me...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
[quote]On 2007-11-25 20:54, dancingm0nk3y wrote:
Quote:
But, I still don't buy this ignorance claim since they did, in fact, put in a minor credit for Steve on the DVD.

This product reeks of something that was pushed through in the hopes that no one would notice. But, when people did notice and started to take a stand then we hear the "We're so sorry" and "We had no idea" and "it was all BJ's fault".

This is only a theory (speculation), so do not take it for fact (Hart). If they did release the product with the hopes "maybe no one will notice" it would explain the cheap cost to some extent. Think about it... here is a great effect to launch the site, sell it cheap to move a bunch of units and get a name for supplying a great trick for fair price, and if you get caught you just pull it and apologies. Not saying that's what happened but it would get your name in the hands of many young impressionable minds (which is their biggest market).
-DJ
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Hart,
As far as the other tricks that have been stolen from Steve in the past could be found with some research but should not be discussed in this topic as it would be adding to the confusion!
I do know that when I did mine I was AMAZED at some of the tricks that everyone uses today were created by Steve! I wish I had 10% of his creative ability!
I'm sure that you could ask Steve directly in an E mail or PM but then again......... Smile
Mick
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I would still like to know what actions Steve took with the hundreds of other rip offs he has spoke of.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
[quote]On 2007-11-25 21:07, djkuttdecks wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 20:54, dancingm0nk3y wrote:
Quote:

This product reeks of something that was pushed through in the hopes that no one would notice. But, when people did notice and started to take a stand then we hear the "We're so sorry" and "We had no idea" and "it was all BJ's fault".

This is only a theory (speculation), so do not take it for fact (Hart). If they did release the product with the hopes "maybe no one will notice" it would explain the cheap cost to some extent. Think about it... here is a great effect to launch the site, sell it cheap to move a bunch of units and get a name for supplying a great trick for fair price, and if you get caught you just pull it and apologies. Not saying that's what happened but it would get your name in the hands of many young impressionable minds (which is their biggest market).
-DJ

Good DJ, what other lies would you like to make up, oops, I mean "speculate"?

"Not saying that's what happened", although that is what I just said...DJ

BTW, Your post about Houchin was pure filth. Can you show us anything at all that backs up any of those accusations or are all your posts just "speculative" lies to assist you in your cause?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

ANOTHER TOPIC Hart or take it private!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Inquiry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL