The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Any good marketing courses for speakers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
I am looking at the corporate market - speaking with magic type of thing and just wanted to ask for any specific marketing courses for speakers that you know of that are not targeted for magicians also (Dave Dee and other magic "stuff") Any good tips? Thanks!

Bond James Bond
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
James,

If you want to get started in the speaking business, the best place to go to learn is the National Speakers Association ( http://www.nsaspeaker.org ). They offer a number of Development Resources for professional speakers as well as recordings of educational sessions from their National Conventions and Labs. Everything you want to know about marketing speaking programs to the corporate market can be found there.

While visiting their website, locate the chapter closest to you and go to a meeting. For example, at 6:00 pm tomorrow night at the Norwalk City Hall in Norwalk, CT, we have a top corporate presenter, Marjorie Brody, speaking on Building Your Business. For more information go to: http://www.nsact.org

Finally, I offer a double audio CD called Secrets of the Motivational Magician that is designed to help magicians who want to get started in the motivational speaking business. For more information visit: http://www.success-in-magic.com/newproducts.htm

Good luck.

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Jane atkinson Wealthy Speaker http://www.speakerlauncher.com

alan weiss money talks amazon

Buy these two books and study them well
before investing in an expensive course.

There are plenty of speaker marketing courses - Burt Dubin etc
but you should really understand what you are getting into
before you get into it. Jim's advice on NSA is of course very true.

I also have an introduction ebook on the speaking industry
for magicians wanting to enter the market
available via my site or Lybrary.com
Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

Profile of Creative Coach
Check out http://www.nynsa.org The best $25.00 you EVER spent.
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
John is right. I'm one of the founding board members of the brand new New York Without Borders Chapter of the National Speakers Association. NYNSA is a virtual chapter and we have archive mp3 recordings by the top speakers in the business as well as a great line-up for this year. It's a treasure trove of information for anyone wanting to get into the speaking business. You get them all for $25! What a bargain.

Jim
Jim Snack

www.success-in-magic.com
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
To compare.....the magic2motivate on-line training program and the m2m video seminar series are designed to prepare you as a magician to move into the speaking business.

It covers everything from how to get clear about this business. How to position yourself in the business. What markets to choose and how to market yourself as a speaker/magician.

For more information go to: http://www.magic2motivate.com

The training materials are available on the catalog page.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
The Whealthy Speaker Package.....consist of a Book, a Work book, and Audio CD's by Jane Atkinson....one of the best buy this year...Improve my Speaking Technique and Approach.....even season Speaker like me still get lots and lots of benefit from Jane's Course...I've been reading, Studying and Applying this for the last 6 months and indeed the pakcage catapult my Speaking Bussiness to a better and new level

go to http://www.speakerlauncher.com
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
I second the comments about Jane Atkinson's Wealthy Speaker package. I had a consultation with her two years ago and she definitely knows her stuff!

Jim
Jim Snack

www.success-in-magic.com
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Actually I bought the Wealthy Speaker Course based on the Email that Jim Snack is sent to me....Good Stuff...so Thank You Jim for accidentally give me the link to it.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 10:07am
Here's a tip from me. When you studied Jane's System/Course, prepare to do a Video Search at Google every time Jane's mention another speaker name. It will make your learning more effective since you had a Glimpse of how different Speaker talks and give their presentations. Also study their website to see how they promote themselves, since the Speakers that Jane mention in her book is on the list of "The Wealthy Speaker": Top Pro who earn Top Dollar by giving Powerful Presentations.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Jane's Wealthy Speaker system ROCKS! and it’s CHEAP!... too cheap in my estimation.

As far as looking up other speakers... BRILIANT TIP guys! Success leaves clues and it's found by studying those who ARE successful!

Whoo Hoo!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano (A student of clues) in Reno
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
The book that is used in our local chapter of the National Speakers Association in their advanced mentoring program is "The InfoGuru Marketing Manual" - by Robert Middleton. Find it at http://www.actionplan.com/books.html

One of the best books I've seen on the subject.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Could I add my endorsement of Jim Snack's Motivational Magician CDs? (Guest-starring Dean Hankey, otherwise known as Deano, aka theDean.net)

As an underpaid motivational speaker (Taking Control of Diabetes, Understanding Insulin, etc), I purchased the CDs just to see if there was anything which might help improve my lectures and my audience's ability to retain what I give 'em. I was not disappointed! So not only will you learn how to market yourself, you will get some tips to help your performance. And there's really no better advertisement for your show than - your show.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
NICE!......AFter reading his Sales Copy and based solely on Mr.Amazeo post

I will definetly get this "The InfoGuru Marketing Manual"

Thank Mr.Amazeo...you are trully Amazing Smile
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
No problem mesmer. Just another resource.

Just remember - InfoGuru is not writen from a performers/entertainers point of view - it is a very strong course for how to promote your business (you are in business - don't forget that) both in print and on the web. I can honestly say that when I read it, and apply it to promoting what I do for industries, it is very applicable. I'm retooling my stuff as we speak based on what I've learned, both from that book and a lot of networking from people at the NSA. Jim Snacks books are on my short list of material to get as well.

There's a lot of good information out there, and places like the Café can help you find it quickly.

Best of luck
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Mesmer, if you liked the Jane Atkinson material you will love InfoGuru.

Some writers have a knack of taking complex subjects and bringing a clarity to it. It has a similar "workbook" component and once you have it, a huge amount of extra material - audio, transcripts etc are available.

I've had this for quite a few months and it has really switched my thinking on a couple of very fundamental marketing points. Highly recommended InfoGuru
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Mr.Hyde...Thank you for the Reccomendation for the InfoGuru

just place an order an hour ago!....

Cant wait to have my Brain Cramped again....I still can feel A Good Cramp that I've got after Studying Jane Atkinson Material....

Thanks
SteveB
View Profile
Regular user
St Louis, MO
117 Posts

Profile of SteveB
Does anyone know anything about the Bill Gove Speech Workshop? It is a 3 day workshop. It is not cheap but looks good.
Has any one heard of it?

Sorry
http://www.speechworkshop.com/
Check it out
Regards,
Steve

www.stevebarcellona.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Any good marketing courses for speakers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL