The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Bic Pen Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
I was hoping for some more impromptu tricks guys.

-Jeff
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, you're a darn good magician!
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
If "flip stick" and "hot rod" are the same thing... then that's part of my suggestion too Smile You can also rig it as a pk device and do a dime to penny as well.
-DJ
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2007-10-14 14:10, djkuttdecks wrote:
If "flip stick" and "hot rod" are the same thing... then that's part of my suggestion too Smile You can also rig it as a pk device and do a dime to penny as well.
-DJ

To clarify, Flip Stick is the name of a routine in Tarbell, but the name has come to refer to the method of vanishing an ungimmicked wand, pen.. Hot rod is a different effect and different method to make the appearance change. Yet, as you metioned, those two effects could be accomplished with the same cylinder (pen, stick...), and Penguin was giving out a hot-rod bic pen, and demoed how to do the Flip Stick move (a nice job by Nobeleza(sp)), and yes, no reason to not combine things one step further and be able to use the same pen to do a dime to penny effect (ala rating pen). Yet, although the same pen could be used for all three effects, nothing magical appears to be happenig with the pen in the dime to penny effect.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Exactly! thanks for clearing that up... makes a lot more sense when you say it Smile
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Paul Harris has a Looy Simonoff routine called "Breaking Point" in the AoA books. It was originally published in his Close-Up Fantasies--Book II on page 31.
Check it out, if you get the chance.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
Sorry to revive an old thread, but too many threads are being made about the same subjects lately.

Anyway, I just received Gregory Wilson's "Unpacked" lecture notes from H and R books with Pre-cap in it (yes, I wrote Pre-cap). Does anybody else have this that can tell me how it actually plays out for them?
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I was hoping I was not going to bring the thread back, but have you tried Todd Diamond's Sharpie up the nose that comes out the mouth? Also, try doing maybe a vanish of the pen cap and making it appear somewhere else, or doing a striking vanish and then opening the inside of the pen and having it come out there.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Shrinky Ink (I think the name is correct) by Dan Harlan uses a Bic Pen.
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Bic Pen Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL