The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chink a chink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
No, the Riser set isn't more deceptive, it's just different.

I have both types, and each has its strengths...and each has its weaknesses.
Neither strength or weakness has anything to do with "deception".

Both sets are excellent.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
A footnote:
Riser is a creative genius.
He may occasionally release a homage to a classic item, but never a duplicate of somebody else's work.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
I recently inherited a chink a chink effect by the name of...Anverdi Presents Tonny. Van Rhees chink a chink. Is this a collectors effect of chink a chink magic? What can you tell me about it. I know what the trick is by that's all.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 22:32, reed kammerer wrote:
I recently inherited a chink a chink effect by the name of...Anverdi Presents Tonny. Van Rhees chink a chink. Is this a collectors effect of chink a chink magic? What can you tell me about it. I know what the trick is by that's all.

Very rare. Quite valuable.

These don't come up for sale very often.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22898 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tony Van Rhees Chink-A-Chink was sold by Ken Brooke's Magic place in England and Tannen's Magic in the U.S. It was a very nice version of Chink-a-Chink. I have one, the magnetic feature makes it very deceptive. I still use mine today. It is the 1st time I ever saw a version not using the classic 4 corner layout. It uses a Diamond pattern layout instead.

I was at a magic convention and talked to Anverdi about it and his small non-electronic magic items.

He also made a trick with small dominos that is a good trick as well, using magnetic principles.

I don't know if I would call his tricks collector items. They are made to be presented in a magic demonstration. Anverdi did not make much, but only a few things. I tried to get a list from him of his none electronic tricks, but he was not willing as he was very old at the time.

Anverdi also came out with the 1st block and pin release from a bracelet. Everyone copied that self working trick.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
A bit of research will tell you that these have in the past gone for between $300.00 and $500.00....but they could go for more today considering they rarely show up for sale.

You might be wise to consider one of the bigger auction houses (like Martinka) in order to maximize your potential profit.

These are valuable Chinka's today, certainly collectible and priced as such.

(not sure I would have tipped the magnet Bill, no real reason to).
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Thanks to all of you for answering my question. Did not known they are hard to find The person who give it to me was a magic collector.I plan to list it for sale when I get to 50 posts
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22898 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 23:10, reed kammerer wrote:
Thanks to all of you for answering my question. Did not known they are hard to find The person who give it to me was a magic collector.I plan to list it for sale when I get to 50 posts


Your on the wrong site for trying to sell expensive collector tricks. No one will pay what "real" collectors here on the Café. The Let's Make a Deal section has turned into a kids trading site. Just like the little kids that use to trade marbles and baseball cards.

They all want something for nothing. My advice is to find another site to get what you should for it.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Bill...Do you have any suggestions on good collectors sites you may have used. Thaanks for your advice
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 18:16, silverking wrote:
A bit of research will tell you that these have in the past gone for between $300.00 and $500.00....but they could go for more today considering they rarely show up for sale.

You might be wise to consider one of the bigger auction houses (like Martinka) in order to maximize your potential profit.

These are valuable Chinka's today, certainly collectible and priced as such.

(not sure I would have tipped the magnet Bill, no real reason to).


The best auctioneer according to my experience is Potter and Potter in Chicago, possibly because Gabe Fajuri is the only auctioneer who is actually a good magician in his own name and therefore is able to really know the difference
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chink a chink (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL