The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My Day with Eak the Geek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Here in Michigan, we are a little isolated.
Ok...A lot isolated.
Occasionally Ward hall will pull through, or someone worth going to see will have a gig or two...But for the most part, Sylver and I are alone and never get to see other sideshow folk. We got lucky last month when Sideshow Benny managed to make it to one of our shows, but the time that we got to spend with him was painfully short since he was there with his family. Really nice fellow though!!
Well, a lot of you have read about Eak and his foray into law school. It just happens that he now lives about an hour away from us. Sylver had been chatting with him on line for a while, and we decided that he needed a break from the books.
We picked him up a little before noon on Saturday and went straight to lunch.
We sat down in a downtown TGI Fridays and got a bunch of food. For the most part we were left to ourselves, but then someone asked if we were in town for the bullriding competition. We looked up and realized that a larger than normal percent of the population was wearing cowboy hats and boots.
I guess they thought we were rodeo clowns.
After that we went to go show him the theatre we will be inhabiting for all of October, and drove by one of the many apple orchards. I never saw someone get so excited about apples!! We had to stop at a roadside stand immediately to stock up on fresh apples and grapes. If you ever get a chance, ask Eak about apples. He has a great fondness for them as well as a spiritual connection of sorts...
After that, the three of us went to our theatre and gave Eak the grand tour, including the Haunted House that we are attached to. I swear he was going through it like a kid at christmas. "Ooh!! Look at the Skeletons!And the little guy over there!! Wow!"
I haven't had this much fun going through an under construction haunted house in years!
Then we went back to our house and just sat around talking for hours. Philosophy, performing, stupid people...generally just having fun. We took him back home so he could study late in the evening.
Eak is probably none of the most high energy, most outgoing people I have ever hung out with, and it is amazing the impact he had on people just being himself. Sylver and I went to the 7-11 to get some soda, and immediately the lady behind the counter wanted to know where our friend was. She had seen us with him on Saturday, and now wanted to know more about him. He made an impression.
If you ever have a chance to hang out with Eak, do it. It is a little exhausting to keep up with him, but worth it!!
Now, it looks like he is going to be joining us for a few shows in October. We are very excited about this, because we have never had a chance to share a stage with someone we consider to be a serious sideshow performer.
October is going to be a good month.
And Sylver and I will see you at the Gathering!
Gwyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My Day with Eak the Geek (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL