The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Sidewalk Shuffle by Martin Lewis (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gvmagic1
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of gvmagic1
I was thinking about adding "Sidewalk Shuffle" by Martin Lewis to my walk-around set. Just wondering if anyone is using this in a close-up walk-around venue? And if so, what has the response been?
gvmagic1
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of gvmagic1
I would like to hear from anyone performing Sidewalk shuffle on a walk-around basis.
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
I have performed Harry Anderson's Three Card Prince in a parlor setting ... and assuming they both use a similar gaff, wouldn't you be worried about people behind you?

Regards,
Larry
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Thanks Larry for the imput.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
For a while I used Joe Riding's Three Card Trick with Four Cards walkaround in the restaurant and it played well. I wear a sports jacket/suit so the odd card was placed behind my lapel and anchored in the breast pocket. I didn't think there were angle problems and so I think Sidewalk Shuffle could be presented in such a way angles are not much of a problem. Just my few cents worth.

Paul.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I have performed Sidewalk Shuffle many times at walk-around gigs and the response has been just as good as when I perform it on stage. Have fun with it!

Doug
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've performed it at tables and it works well.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
If there is no table, you can use a spectator's hands to hold card....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Here in the Philippines, the response is not that great.

Thus, it does not sell well here.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Rmoraleta,

What is the reaction that you are getting?
DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
Weird... I *hate* gimmicked cards, but this trick is very nice. Why it doesn't get a decent reaction is definitely strange...

If you're worried about angles, why not to Virginia City Shuffle?
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
As a table hopper, I've had no problems with angles when performing Sidewalk Shuffle. Just be aware of where you are situated and who is around you. Just wondering if this only comes in the Ace of Clubs? I have the original Sidewalk Shuffle and Sidewalk Shuffle Redone. The original Sidewalk Shuffle instuctions show the Ace of Clubs and the cards that came with it were also the Ace of Clubs. The instructions that came with Sidewalk Shuffle Redone show the Ace of Diamonds in the instructions, but came with all Ace of Clubs?
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
I once saw a guy do the same routine without gimmicked cards. I have no idea how he did it though.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Is the "Redone" version different from the Original Sidewalk Shuffle, or did they just add "Redone" for sales purposes?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 13:55, Starrpower wrote:
Is the "Redone" version different from the Original Sidewalk Shuffle, or did they just add "Redone" for sales purposes?

I noticed a change in the handling in "Redone". I made some changes, before it was released, because the handling was easy to make mistakes on, if you didn't perform it many times every week.
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Does anyone have the instructions? I have the trick and have done it numerous amounts of time and have got great replies but I haven't used it for over a year and I lost the instructions, I have a show this weekend that I would like to use it in I have done it before so picking it up should be no problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

magic mike
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
I looked up Virginia City Shuffle and it looks good. Where can this be purchased? I didn't find anywhere on google.
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
There is a very nice routine from Paul Daniels in one of the "Bunco Booth" TV-specials.
trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
Sidewalk Shuffle is my favorite Monte effect. I've done is countless times, up close, on stage, and in walk-around. Angles should not be a problem if you do it properly. I use both jumbo and standard sized cards. The smaller cards are usually better for walk-around. I use the same jumbo cards I bought in two decades ago, but at that time, I could not decipher the instructions so I gave it up. But when I got Lewis' DVD "Martin's Close-Up Miracles," and saw how he did the effect, I was sold. The only problem with it is (although there are no fancy sleights involved) that it has so many sequences that must be done properly. This is not a trick that you can throw together for this weekend's show. If you have never done it, or haven't done it in quite a while, you probably won't be able to get it down that fast. But once mastered, and when properly executed, the gaffs are completely undetectable and will not be suspected (as the audience should believe they are seeing both sides of all the cards). Good luck.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Virginia City Shuffle is an ungaffed version of Sidewalk Shuffle that was creted by Louis Falanga, owner and founder of L&L Publishing. It appears in the book "Lake Tahoe Card magic" and also on one of the early Ammar Easy to Master Card Miracles videos. It's very, very good, as is Sidewalk Shuffle by Martin Lewis. The Camirand Academy sells a version with dollar signs that is great for trade shows and corporate events, with patter, if memory serves, by hank Moorehouse.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Sidewalk Shuffle by Martin Lewis (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL