The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » FINALLY, here is my Pre-Induction Talk. Remember I got 20 minutes. Suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I've posted another talk elsewhere. Here is my 3 minute pre-induction talk in full. As I said my INDUCTION (75%-80% success rate), which you've read, My Recipe in Short Induction, Plus you've read my Routines. As I've said I do it on the streets, LOTS of C.H.'s, even C.Ht's do as well, or approve, so let's not, dispute the whole "Street Hypnosis" argument, as they're elsewhere. Here's exactly pretty much what I say.

(Usually someone will volunteer FIRST, then to them and the audience I give my short talk).

"Okay first off I need to tell you about hypnosis and get rid of the myths surrounding it. So listen carefully. First off Hypnosis is 99% safe. Like Doctors you have good Hypnotist and not so good Hypnotist. Hypnosis has been established in the medical community since 1958. There are different levels, light, medium, and deep. Deep is what we're going for, for phenomenon to occur. Basically I'm relaxing the person so much I'm literally accessing their subconscious mind. Now at NO time can a Hypnotist make anyone do anything against their morals. All hypnosis is self hypnosis. It's like you're in the driver's seat, and I'm the guy with the map in the passenger's seat. A lot of the success will depend on you (I'll gesture toward the subject). Also you cannot get "Stuck in Hypnosis". God Forbid if I were to drop of a heart attack, you'd just go into natural sleep. Another thing you are not asleep or unconscious. You are aware of your surroundings, of course you need to here me in order to perform the suggestions I give you. Some first timers hypnotized will come up and be like, well I was aware heard everything so I wasn't hypnotized. Trust me they were. Remember there are different levels of trance. Some people won't remember the hypnosis, some will, some will just remember parts of it. A lot of people ask me what hypnosis feels like. Well it feels like that state just before falling asleep. Your body is asleep, your mind drifts and you're all peaceful. Every single day we are all in Hypnosis about a dozen times. It's called environmental Hypnosis. Daydreaming is a form of hypnosis. Have you ever really got into a book, or movie and lost all track of time? Yes, well that's hypnosis. Your senses actually increase. It's also false that only weak-minded people can be hypnotized. The opposite is true. The smarter you are the higher your I.Q. the easier it is, because for hypnosis, you need to be creative, be able to focus and have great imagination. Now for those with epilepsy, heart problems, those who are very emotionally unstable, and folks I'm not here to judge, those with depression, or anxiety are fine, I'm talking about those who are psychotic, hears voices, sees things..etc, are not to be hypnotised. Those who have taken illegal drugs or more than two drinks are not to be hypnotised. Any questions?

(I'll turn toward the person who I've done a suggestibility test with).

"Any questions? Are you sure if you are at all nervous, anxious that could block you consiously, or subsonsciously. Okay you are safe, nothing bad will happen. For your part you are to take this seriously, and cooperate 100%, okay? Also just let it happen, just like sleep don't try to get hypnotised, just relax listen to my soothing voice and just drift"

I do "My Induction" then my routines, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Please again do you have any suggestions on my pre-induction talk. I don't think I've left anything else. I have like 3-4 minutes plus Q & A. Remember NO arguments on my venue. For know that's my venue, plus indoor work. Can I make my pre-induction talk better, more entertaining. I'm more matter of fact, but with a smile as I get them psyched up. That's my style. I give the facts, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
?

Thanks, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I haven't been kn this room for awhile..... just popped in to see what's new. hi eddini
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I'm okay Bobser how are you? No replies yet Smile. That's okay I know who, I'm aiming this towards and I'll PM towards those individual. Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Stick to the facts and make it fun but purposeful. Ensure that it is selling you as the hypnotist and aim to cut it down to a few minutes.

Along the way it should be clear to them that they are in safe hands, that you know exactly what you are doing, that they will be in a state of hypnosis and the sun will come up tomorrow morning.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-10-01 16:35, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Stick to the facts and make it fun but purposeful. Ensure that it is selling you as the hypnotist and aim to cut it down to a few minutes.

Along the way it should be clear to them that they are in safe hands, that you know exactly what you are doing, that they will be in a state of hypnosis and the sun will come up tomorrow morning.

Ant
http://www.anthonyjacquin.com

As I said it ONLY takes like 3-4 minutes. No one ever has any questions. Mine is puposeful, to the point, with all the facts in there. I ask the right questions too from a legal stand point. You like it Tony? Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Ed maybe that's why people don't respond to your requests for advice. When someone says something you don't want to hear, you defend yourself, and don't take it is a postive feedback.

Everything is perfect, don't change a thing.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I think it is fine. It is important to remember that it has a job to do. If it does that, then it works therefore it is fine.

The question is what else or how else can you do it and achieve more than just priming the audience and your eventual subjects for hypnosis. How could it be more entertaining, funnier, sharper, with more action, better at earning you tips, more you etc. Answer those questions and you might feel even happier with it.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-10-01 19:59, RSD wrote:
Ed maybe that's why people don't respond to your requests for advice. When someone says something you don't want to hear, you defend yourself, and don't take it is a postive feedback.

Everything is perfect, don't change a thing.

Huh? Was yours the post that got erased perhaps. If so PM me. No I just ASKED to please let's not get into the whole is street hypnosis good or bad, SINCE that is ELSEWHERE and they can post there, or PM me, that'a all. Like I wouldn't go to the coin magic section and sarting out questions on Multiple shifts. I hope that was okay without me sounding all "Defensive Like"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » FINALLY, here is my Pre-Induction Talk. Remember I got 20 minutes. Suggestions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL