The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Abyss *The Revolutionary Coin in Bottle* - A review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
This is the new Abyss. It is not the one that came out years ago.

When the original Abyss came out, the premise of an ungimmicked large coin trapped inside an ungimmicked bottle was not possible or available. Gimmicked coins and gimmicked bottles were the methods at use in cib effects. Abyss made it possible to give away the impossible souvenir and made a big (revolutionary if you will) change in world of coin in bottle magic.

How does the recent release compare to the original?
The new one called Abyss – The Revolutionary Coin in Bottle
The bottle can be empty or factory sealed
Methods are different
Set-up time is less
No clean-up
More practical
More visual
Easier to do
The original Abyss was a strong effect with a remarkable souvenir for a lasting impression. But it was not the sort of trick you’d just do on a whim. This new one is the kind of thing you can do on a whim with a few moments of prep.
The set-up for each depends on the method you use. In the original Abyss if you use the “Self-working method” and the alternative set-up then the set-up time is cut in half and there is no clean-up. To do the same effect with the new release the set-up time is a breeze in around 20 secs. (probably less) and you need not carry anything with you. The set-up time prior to performing the signed small coin in factory sealed bottle performance is around 15-20 secs.
The sealed bottle is the real thing. It is 100% completely sealed, unbroken, untampered.
The price (around $15) is a little more than the original but could have and should have been considerably higher. The product, packaging, and instructions are all high quality. You get a lot with this. Lots of original and useful methods and secrets. Lots of possibilities. Lots of things you will learn and take with you. And lots of things you can’t get anywhere else. There are techniques and submissions explained that are truly novel. There are multiple methods taught for everything. And there are multiple effects and presentations. All you need to have or carry with you is a dollar bill and you can do a lot of them. As mentioned in another thread. The set-up is as fast, as practical, and as easy as conceivably possible. Your mind will go crazy with possibilities. The trick is easy enough someone new to magic could do it right away (but that would be wrong). The effect is beyond impossible. The impossible BIG coin in factory SEALED bottle amazes me and I can’t help but marvel at it. Its beautiful. It is such an impossible thing, yet so easy to accomplish. The ad is true and accurate.

There is a demo here-
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/abyss-the-......052.html
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Thanks for the review! I have been waiting for one.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Ah, you got to it before I did! It's all because of Penguin's slow shipping.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Is it instant repeatable?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I would think so.
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
If you don't give the bottle away the reset would be from 0 to 15 secs. depending of the effect you want to do.
If you give the bottle away, it is not instantly repeatable.
But you could repeat the trick in short order.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Can I do this effect with any foreign coin and bottle??

Best regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
I don't get why they say "ultimate."
When something is the ultimate it is the best it can possibly be and they already burned that phrase out with their first version.

Seems like they added the 'sealed' application...Nothing new and revolutionary there.
Where have they been?

Thanks for the review and info on this.
My main concerns were the set up, and you answered them for me.

And after reading Justin's Miller's Post on the signature effect "Factory Sealed by Nick Verna", I'll stick with that...
To this day I do no other coin in bottle when asked to do a trick. IT FRY'S, IT KILLS, and IT IS SO FAR AHEAD OF ANYTHING OUT THERE IT'S NOT EVEN COMICAL!

Some parts of the demo here for abyss looks nice though, I just wish there wasn't so much black. No full LIVE performances either...just the tail end.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Thanks Well34, but just have a few area still not quite sure. Pls advice.

1) Can the coin be borrowed and signed?
2) And what is the difft (or new advantage) frm the old one?

I owned the old one.It can be give away and the coin is bigger than the bottle too.
"Sealed" is no big deal, as the old one "can be" sealed too.
It takes a bit longer to setup the old one, but if you need to prepare the bottle beforehand, 10 sec or 10 minutes are not great difft?
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Once you set up the bottle can you put water in it, take it around with you the day while drinking it and when you finish do the effect? Also if you can do it the way I suggested, can the coin be signed and not be able to come out of the bottle?
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Wells34, Thanks for the info. Finally, something we can take in.

Quote:
Seems like they added the 'sealed' application...Nothing new and revolutionary there.

Neither is the BIG coin feature.

Quote:
On 2007-09-26 19:38, wise owl wrote:
1) Can the coin be borrowed and signed?
2) And what is the difft (or new advantage) frm the old one?

I owned the old one. It can be give away and the coin is bigger than the bottle too.
"Sealed" is no big deal, as the old one "can be" sealed too.
It takes a bit longer to setup the old one, but if you need to prepare the bottle beforehand, 10 sec or 10 minutes are not great difft?

True,
You can easily just add water/soda and VOILAAA! you have a full bottle.
Very good point Wise Owl, on the sealing aspect...By adding that feature now would actually ADD to the Set-Up time most definitely.

Demo looks OK, but nothing to rush out and buy for me.
This product is not a DVD, just a manuscript,..like the old one right?

Kind of looks like they just finally woke up to the whole liquid in the bottle thing.
Still sounds like plenty of prep time...not impromptu enough.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4296 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Need that, borrow a normal bottle, borrow a quarter CIB
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
I have this. It's different than the old CIB. Everything in the advertisement is true besides always ending clean and this can be done 360 degrees. In some methods, you are left dirty but theres a lot of misdirection. In some methods. this can't be done 360 degrees but the 360 degree method is the best one in my opinion. The signed small coin in factory sealed bottle is real. The spectator is the first one to break the seal. This can be done without any gimmicks but gimmicks included enhance the effect. I think this is the best CIB so far, until ellusionist ones come out. easy, practical, signed, coin bigger than the neck, visual, nearly impromptu, factory sealed optional. what else could you want in a CIB? Well worth the $14.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
Answers-
I think it is fair to say the original Abyss was revolutionary. The new one is the revolutionary cib premise of abyss revamped with new principles and effects.
It will work with foreign coins and bottles.
You can drink out of the bottle and then do the effect if you want.
The signed small coin is borrowed and is any coin of their choice.
In fairness, the ad says “Can be done 360 surrounded and end completely clean” which is true.
Hope this helps.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Demo looks good, I wonder how clean you end. I really like seeing a well made demo on an effect(inside joke). Some of the penatrations are very visual.

Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I think this look very very convincing and so visual !!!
Never saw a CTB so visual; I don't understand post with "Demo looks OK" or "good".
What other CTB are so visual !? (besides Abyss I)
If really practical (and easy !?), looks like the best to me.

Wanted to order but shipping is 10$ for Belgium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'll wait and buy second hand Smile)

Nicolas
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Just bought this because the demo was so good/o.k. Will let you know what I think.

Jeremy Hanrahan

All I need now is the 3CIB's to be released and I will be a very happy bottle worker.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I'll wait for Jeremy's review before ordering. Smile
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-09-27 10:25, DougNicols wrote:
I'll wait for Jeremy's review before ordering. Smile

Hey Doug, who's life. As you know I am a CIB junkie and don't mind buying good ones. I will give my honest opinion(even let you know if it is better then Untouchable)who knows, maybe I will re-release Untouchable in 6-12 months with all the ins and outs and alternate plots.

Jeremy
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2007-09-26 21:59, Blindside785 wrote:
Need that, borrow a normal bottle, borrow a quarter CIB

Yeahh. I'll just get E's. BULLET is totally impromptu and suppose to be killer visual as the coin FLIES into the bottle. This Abyss is somewhat visual as so much cover is obviously needed. What is visual is the coin falling (behind the hand).

Too much cover for way too long gives a suspicious image, just looks rather funny to me.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Abyss *The Revolutionary Coin in Bottle* - A review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL