The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Check this out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
I saw this online and have not yet filled it out, but I was wondering if anyone has seen it or have any thoughts on it. It is a website where you fill out a form and submit it and they make a special performance contract for you.

Performance Agreement

-john
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Proceed with caution.

I checked out their Health Care Power of Attorney, and although it has you put in your state, it did NOT use the Illinois Statutory Form for the POA it tried to sell me. Which isn't required, necessarily, but since it's freely available, and everybody recognizes it and knows it works, why not?

Now, there probably isn't going to be a big problem if you're just using it to come up with a contract form, particularly if you're only using the form to make sure Billy's mom doesn't get confused about whether she paid you already or not. But if you're doing this as a business, and you think there MIGHT be some litigation some day, I would invest in the advice of an actual lawyer from your actual state.

You get what you pay for, and all that.

(Yes, I am a lawyer, but NOT a contract lawyer, and I've never even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so take my advice with an entire shaker of salt also!)
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'd re-read what honus said. FREE legal advice worth paying attention to.

Mark. Smile
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Interesting concept.... Smile
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
I have not used this yet for my business, I just happen to come across it online and I thought it was a good concept and I would be interested in looking into this service if it was legit. I did fill out some bogus information in the blanks, and it came up with a portion of a contract, then it says I have to purchase the licence to get the rest.

-john
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
It is well worth the memebership fee..... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Check this out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL