The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't Be A Passing Jerk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It may be. This was in Reno city limits and during bike week so I don't know if it was all the time, just that week due to the number of bikes, or what. I'm sure someone here rides in Nevada and knows. Remember, Washoe County doesn't allow brothels either so they are just weird (Washoe County is where Reno is)
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
That could be too. Either way does not seem that safe of a thing todo. Clark County doesn't allow brothels or prostituiton either. But drive about an hour out of Vegas and you will find brothels in Nye County.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Take a ride on the Boulevard of DEATH - Queens Boulevard, Queens, NY. It's about ten miles long and a very wide boulevard, with traffic lights at every intersection. There has been a vehicular accident and death AT EVERY INTERSECTION.

…it’s a different world…than from where you come from.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Every large city has such a street Maybe not that wide. In Vegas It happens that way too. Not just In N.Y. That is a fact there is not a large city in the world that does not have that stigma.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've never been to NYC but my father is from there and his girlfriend is from there and neither one can drive. I did drive in Boston and surrounding area and those people are out of their minds and they told me that NYC drivers are worse than they are (they, of course, claim to be great drivers). I'd like to visit NYC but if I do I shan't be driving.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Take the train. I'll send you a Subway map to help you navigate your way around town. But hurry, fares are going up...again.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I lived in Taiwan until I was 12, and I am still haunted by the accidents I saw. Now I live in Germany, and sometimes have to travel on the Autobahn--which terrifies me. I won't get into it here. I'll just say that I don't even own a car, and the stress I avoid is priceless to me.

(You could--if you are interested in a biased view of the Autobahn--google stoneunhinged and read my blog. And my blog is 100% magic free! This isn't an advertisement, since I don't really care how many readers I have. But I *do* think the autobahn is an interesting subject, and it seems to hold a kind of fascination for those outside of Germany.)

Jeff
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Were I the Earth Czar, I'd make it mandatory for everybody who wants to drive to start out on a motorcycle; along with a safety course paid out of pocket. The dangers and delusions are pretty obvious when you ride a motorcycle. Just when I think I've seen every stupid act, a new & improved act of carelessness tops the Sunday driver off with a cherry.
POOF!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2805 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I ride a bicycle. All of the danger and none of the coolness.
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Road bike or the other kind?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2007-09-28 12:02, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
Another thing I do, is have a mounted video camera(digital) that I record license plates and the actions of the offenders and send the footage to authorities.

Brilliant, I would like to do this!

Mike
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
I used to work as a Police Officer and I've seen plenty of bad accidents. Most are caused by Attitude or Alcohol. I'd say attitude has a decided edge! Some people just cannot stand to be delayed at all. I once arrested a woman for reckless driving after she drove through people's front yards rather than wait in line at a traffic light.

I must admit that when I hear of someone getting killed in a "road rage" incident, I still think, "Another crappy driver off the road, permanently." (I should probably be on some kind of medication. Smile)
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
This area needs two lanes in each direction. We have two highways that intersect, both are one lane in each direction. When I lived in San Jose Ca. they had a highway that had lanes 55 feet apart and you had to cross some rough land scaping to get to the point where you hit anyone head on. The drivers had a snit and they had to build a cement barrier to keep people from hitting each other. Here we have the same speed limit and three inches of paint separating the cars. Drunks are deadly all the time and you often have the choice of taking it head on or going off a cliff (had a guy go off one yesterday at Lake Tahoe, 400 ft drop and he lived). People need to be patient and absolutely don't drink and drive.

Dave, it is kind of like driving in Decatur use to be w/out the trees.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2805 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 14:53, Justin Style wrote:
Road bike or the other kind?

Just a regular old bike. Designed along "mountain bike" lines, but probably less rugged. It's done me good for about five years now.

I just recently came to grips with the fact that I'm never going to get the white '74 Corvette of my dreams, so I bought a license plate kit for the bike and put a plate on it that read "SPIRIT"
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
Magic Santa, I policed In Chattanooga, TN. If you've never driven down McCallie Avenue at 75 MPH with the hundred-year-old picturesque oak trees (AKA: badly scarred wooden columns of certain death)lining the roadway mere inches from the roadway on both sides, you'll never now the sweet joy of life.
Also, the "Great Wall of Chattanooga" the concrete walls lining I-24/I-75 through Missionary Ridge, is responsible for a lot of paint and bodymen's lake houses.

But rest assured, Ponce de Leon and Church Street in Decatur still bite.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Church Street is what I was thinking of.... I lived in Chapel Hill area, my father, being the civil rights champion he was, sold our house to the first non=white family in what became a major ghetto years later.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't Be A Passing Jerk (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL