The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Correct table height, seated? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I posted a picture last week of a nice tabletop that was given to me.

What is considered the "proper" table height, relative to your body?
I'm having trouble finding the right table/chair combination.

Either I'm too low and can't use my arms comfortably, or I'm too high, and my knees slope downwards so lapped items roll off.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
The solution is to have a table custom built to 'you' specifically. My table was made by the late Abe Creekmore to be stood behind and the legs were cut to fit my height, etc.

You can do the same for sit down. Have the table base or legs fashioned to fit whatever chair you decide works best. It's a little more trouble and expense, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is WELL worth it! Best,
Brad Burt
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Desk height is 29 inches. I would start from there and then adjust what works for you. And get an adjustable chair.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***And get an adjustable chair.***

Oh wow, I hadn't even thought of that and my office chair that I sit in when practicing DOES have that hydraulic lift thingy on it, COOL and thanks for the tip!
Mick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Correct table height, seated? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL