The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies that grew on you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
We all have those favorites but what are some movies you didn't care much for but eventually became a fan of after a few more viewings?

Mine would be.."What about Bob?" I just didn't get it but did after a few viewings this stupid movie became a masterpiece of comedy to me.

Any others out there???

Best,

Tim
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Initially I didn't really like Nightmare Before Christmas, but it is now one of my favourites.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Tristram Shandy. Only have seen it once and was initially disappointed with it. but the more I thought about it the more I realized that it was an excellent adaptation of the book and now am wanting to see it again.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The one that comes to mind is Ground Hog Day. First time I saw it I really thought it was bad, didn't even finish watching it. When I was on a cruise they showed it over and over so I caught it and really enjoyed it after a couple viewings.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Hop on Pop.

A little long for me, I was pretty disturbed by what they did to Pop... Now I even bought the book. The books a little too graphic.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
There's been this one movie that's been growing on me. I've got an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday to get it removed.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Hey, Mr. Bill,

I feel that way about Howard The Duck.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I actually like Howard the Duck. I think it is the theme song. Really, it's just a fun movie and nothing more.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Howard the Duck is creepy.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Hudson Hawk
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
268 Posts

Profile of elmago
Napolean Dynamite. I thought that was the stupidist waste of time ever the first time through. The second time, I could not stop laughing.

Mabey it is because it was too hyped up by the time I saw it that I just didn't get it. Now I think its very clever and brilliant.
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've yet to get past ten minutes of Napolean Dynamite.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-09-29 18:31, MagicSanta wrote:

AMEN BROTHER!
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman.
"A friend is a present you give yourself"
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Quote:
On 2007-09-29 18:31, MagicSanta wrote:

That's about 7 minutes more than me!
"A friend is a present you give yourself"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It took me eight minutes to find the remote....
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Actually I second Napoleon Dynamite. The first time I saw it, I tol dmy wife "I didn't hate it but I am not sure what I thought of it". The second time I saw it, I liked it better. I do think the lead guy Jon Heder is a one trick pony.

Another movie that grew on me was Donnie Darko. Strange film that I wasn't in the mood for when I first saw it. When I saw it a second time, I liked it much better.
ME
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have a movie that shrunk on me. I watched The Wall by Pink Floyd on shrooms and thought it was the greatest movie ever made. I then watched it straight and, well, it wasn't so great.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Eyes Wide Shut ...
After I saw the movie and realized the director was making fun of the actors and they didn't even notice ...I liked the movie even more ..... If you have not seen the movie in a while ..... watch it again with this in mind .....
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Clerks II

Watched it, Hated it... But then a friend coned me into watching it again and I loved it! I have seen it like 30 times now
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies that grew on you? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL