The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies that grew on you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-10-01 16:19, Mark Ennis wrote:
Actually I second Napoleon Dynamite. The first time I saw it, I tol dmy wife "I didn't hate it but I am not sure what I thought of it". The second time I saw it, I liked it better. I do think the lead guy Jon Heder is a one trick pony.

Blades of Glory did pretty good at the box office, so calling Jon Heder a one trick pony may not be entirely fair.

Personally, I haven't liked any of his movies but he evidently has a base of fans that does. My nephew and elder niece think he's crazy funny. Maybe it is a generational thing.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5121 Posts

Profile of landmark
I thought Napoleon Dynamite was one of the funniest, sweetest movies I've seen in a while. Liked it from the beginning.

A movie that grew on me, was Last Tango In Paris. It sort of seemed like a disjointed mess the first time through, but the second time, what Brando was doing hit me between the eyes.

Jack Shalom
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The Phantom of The Opera with Robert Englund. At first I thought it was nothing more than "Freddy Krueger Goes To The Opera". But after watching it a couple of times, I realized that it is just a darker telling of the story. It is now, in my opinion, a great horror movie. Also, Monty Python and The Holy Grail. The 1st time I saw it I did not find it funny. Now it is one of my favorite comedies. Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I left the theater during Joe Vs. the Volcano. Fast forward fifteen years: I've watched Joe at least 200 times.

"I'm not arguing that with you."

Jeff
smithpaul60
View Profile
Veteran user
South Carolina
301 Posts

Profile of smithpaul60
Monty Python and the Holy grail. "MY NAME IS ... Ted, Ted the Enchanter" , I think it has to grow on everybody. A more serious movie is MirrorMask. It has some wicked (yes I just said that) Special Effects.
Genuis@work

We're trying to adopt. Visit us HERE
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 09:16, smithpaul60 wrote:
Monty Python and the Holy grail. "MY NAME IS ... Ted, Ted the Enchanter"

Tim the Enchanter. Smile
smithpaul60
View Profile
Veteran user
South Carolina
301 Posts

Profile of smithpaul60
Oops Sorry. I'll blame it on the early morning. Yeah, that's what I'll do. (where the + did I get Ted?
Genuis@work

We're trying to adopt. Visit us HERE
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I enjoyed the "Meaning of Life" (Monte Python), but was greatly disturbed by the long armed guy/crossdresser-with-water faucets/elephant/find-the-fish thing. Although after watching it many times I have come to find it slightly less disturbing.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4164 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The vomit scene from "Meaning of Life" gets better with every viewing, for me.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Another vote for Napoleon Dynamite.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 16:37, Chessmann wrote:

Chessmann... you are sick. SICK I tell you!!!! Now enjoy this.. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......15775605

Best,

Tim
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4164 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 17:13, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 16:37, Chessmann wrote:

Chessmann... you are sick. SICK I tell you!!!! Now enjoy this.. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......15775605

Best,

Tim

That made my whole YEAR, Tim. Absolutely classic. THANK YOU!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 19:39, Chessmann wrote:

That made my whole YEAR, Tim. Absolutely classic. THANK YOU!

So glad you enjoyed it. I still can't watch it without laughing.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies that grew on you? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL