The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » ICON - New Mental Coin Effect by Paul Vigil (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I agree Chris... there never was a demo to start with, and though some bits are needed, the main focus and consequently the reason for buying, is for Paul Vigils EYE-CON.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
This. Kicks. Tail.

Paul Vigil is a constant student of the art, but a MASTERFUL performer. He truly UNDERSTANDS magic, and how to make magic.

While extremely simple (which makes it attainable for virtually any performer), ICON is a great example of routining.

Completely Recommended.

And for those who care, I recently had the pleasure of seeing, no, EXPERIENCING Diplopia. In Paul's hands, it is a true miracle.

Sean
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I agree Sean... ICON is excellent, as is Diplopia.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Both are incredible, and Paul really knows how to write a manuscript for an effect, makes learning easy for everyone
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I do believe Paul is light years from us in mentalism...He's that good...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-09-30 11:27, Y2John wrote:
Well I got in contact with him and went ahead and purchased this...

Not disappointed in the slightest, as I only got this yesterday I obiously have not performed it yet, but I WILL be that's for sure.

Another winner from Paul Vigil.

Is it an ebook that Paul mails to you? The effect sounds very very cool.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah it's an ebook, though he said that it would be available in a week or so from a distributor, though ive not seen it anywhere yet.

Contact him on the email on his site and I'm sure he'll be happy to give you more info, I recieved a prompt reply and went ahead and purchased this... I recieved pretty promptly also.

As has been said, don't take the vid as a demo as only a part of it is the actual ICON routine.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks Y2John! I'm guessing ICON will be showing up at Bob Kohler Magic soon Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Just received a copy, will review it soon!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
I got ICON coin and I think it's brilliant.
It is clever and simple, something Vernon would have liked. The first two phases tie together in a very intelligent way.
Yes you have to get something for two of the phases-
one you can get at any magic shop for a couple of bucks and the other one you can build yourself for a few bucks, if it bugs you that much, don't do the third phase.
I'm going to spend the money and perform this, it's worth it.
Vigil is one clever guy.

Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Sadly, I found this to be not very good. I was a big fan of Diplopia and thought that to be a great value at $15. At $30, this is not worth it. It wouldn't be worth it to me at $15 either.

I think the effect is well thought out but I don't find there to be anything revolutionary or even new in the ebook. And at $30 for an ebook I would expect something more than just "well thought out."

The first phase is a standard prediction effect that is a bit time-consuming for my performing style.

The second phase is what I always assumed was a standard coin bend.

The third phase will be unusable to most. I suppose you *could* build the gimmick yourself for "a few bucks" (technically I guess you could build any gimmick yourself if you wanted to) but there's a reason why the gimmick sells for $200 bucks and that's because it's not all that easy to make one yourself.

This is not meant to bash Paul Vigil in any way. I bought this ebook based on how much I liked Diplopia. I just don't think there is enough here to recommend it at this price.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I agree with the beginning phase and ending, but I have to admit I love the EYE-CON bend.

It's good to see a differing opinion as it shows tis will not be for everyone.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I agree with your review... nice review by the way.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
I have been absent in these hallowed halls lo these many weeks, but thought it appropriate to chime in on this particular topic.

ICON is just what it's name suggests. I hate using this phrase due to it's overusage, but it's a reputation maker.

Once again, Vigil has combined underground secrets with routining that can only be attained by years in the heat.

My review for this release is, regretfully, only three words long:

Go get it.

D.

BTW, not only will you receive a whing-bang worker, you will also get to enjoy some enthralling magic history.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Can anyone tell me what item I would need for the third phase? Or am I not allowed to know? Is this something new? Is it a new way of selling/purchasing magical ideas? Does everyone feel ok about this? Are these bad questions? Will I be frowned upon for having the nerve to ask? I'd simply like to know how much money I would need to spend and what other item I would need to obtain in order to do all three phases. Is that acceptable?
If not, first let me apologise and secondly offer my ebook on how to make someone totally invisible to the naked eye. WARNING: there is one other item you WILL have to purchase. However,I'm NOT going to tell you what it is, cos basically, y'know, rules is rules (not proper English, I know).

bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Lol... ive pm'd you
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone tell me what item I would need for the third phase? Or am I not allowed to know? Is this something new? Is it a new way of selling/purchasing magical ideas? Does everyone feel ok about this? Are these bad questions? Will I be frowned upon for having the nerve to ask? I'd simply like to know how much money I would need to spend and what other item I would need to obtain in order to do all three phases. Is that acceptable?
If not, first let me apologise and secondly offer my ebook on how to make someone totally invisible to the naked eye. WARNING: there is one other item you WILL have to purchase. However,I'm NOT going to tell you what it is, cos basically, y'know, rules is rules (not proper English, I know).

bobser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good post bobser, I too have not bought this yet for that very reason.

Regards to all

Matt
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2007-10-07 05:56, Sean Fields wrote:
This. Kicks. Tail.

Paul Vigil is a constant student of the art, but a MASTERFUL performer. He truly UNDERSTANDS magic, and how to make magic.

While extremely simple (which makes it attainable for virtually any performer), ICON is a great example of routining.

Completely Recommended.

Sean

that's it in a nutshell for me.

I have Diplopia and Sympathy also and they are all professional peices,with subtlety that is very disarming.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » ICON - New Mental Coin Effect by Paul Vigil (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL