We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorizing BTCS stack Help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi
I'm memorizing the BTCS stack using O'briens Journey method. I have the stack numbered 1-52 and I am memorizing number, location, 'celebrity name' and card. It is going well but I don't seem to need the number.

I can visualise the location as I travel the journey, the celebrity and card.
Shall I forget about the numbers or will they come into use when I am using the
system later?
Cheers
TJ
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Knowing the stack number is an important part of memorized deck work, as it will allow you to more easily calculate positions, determine the number of cards that have been cut off, etc.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4856 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Jim is right. Simply put, if someone names a number from 1-52 you should know the suit and number of that card from the top. If they name a card (number and suit) you should know the position from the top. This should be done without calculations or stalling.

Larry
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'd recommend you take a look at Richard Sanders' The Richard Sanders Show Vol. 3. Look for an effect Discovered - a diabolical self-working unexplainable card revelation to as many as 3 people at a time!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-09-30 12:56, evolve629 wrote:
I'd recommend you take a look at Richard Sanders' The Richard Sanders Show Vol. 3. Look for an effect Discovered - a diabolical self-working unexplainable card revelation to as many as 3 people at a time!

I've got that dvd. I'll look Discovered up.
Thanks for all the advice so far.
TJ
:)
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks also Evolve629...that sounds like a fun effect. I'm looking it up as well.

Mark.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-09-30 12:56, evolve629 wrote:

I got it out and watched it.
Here is a story.
There was a local dealer's day and one of the dealers did a free spot and demoed
some of his stuff.
He did a mind reading effect with 3 people that amazed me
I went to his stall and ask which product the mind reading one was on.
He replied it was one that he would never reveal and if he told me that he would have to kill me lol.
I have asked all our club members and lots of other Magi about it and none knew the
method.
NOW I know. Thanks to you (many thanks, I should say).
I realize why he kept the method secret.
Once you reveal that you are a memory man you are finished as a magician LOL.
EVERY effect becomes 'he just uses his memory'.
TJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorizing BTCS stack Help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL