The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Torch, egg and frying pan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Hi there

Has anyone here tried this? I read about it in The Complete Juggler. I'm sure many of you are familar with it in print but has anyone done it? I'm wondering how fast the egg becomes solid. Is it really a practical trick? I'm sure I'll give it a go but any and all stories of experience are appreciated.
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Yes I've done it. Grease the frying pan first and have plenty of wick on your torch otherwise it cooks to slowly. You can even heat the pan first with a kitchen blowtorch to help matters along.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Ok you got me what is the egg and frying pan have to do with juggling?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm going to have to go back to read Dave's book where he encourages you to actually fry the egg, in my opinion that is just overkill. I do this trick all the time (out doors). My suggestion is forget about frying the egg, and go to a restaurant supply store to buy a small aluminum skillet with a rubber covered handle.

What does a skillet, and an egg to do with juggling?????

Well the only answer I could think of is COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT. Trust me the audience will enjoy you juggling three different objects. When the egg splaters on the skillet just take a bow the audience will tell you how entertaining the routine was with their applause.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Al I think our friend fire performer just didn't get the gist of the routeen. I don't think he was critisizing it. Yes Its a good bit esp because you can do other bits with the egg prior to the juggling. A little magic maybe?

Anyway give it a shot. trial and error is where its at.

Anton
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Anton
I think you are right. I never read about it, but I first saw it done at a juggling convention, and when you see it done it is self explinatory. In short the whole routine is about the finish just like the rubber bowling ball routine is all about bouncing it off your head at the end. When I do my torch juggling routine I get the bigest response from my finish, or two balls and a top hat routine gets applause when the hat lands on my head, or as you and I have discussed before. What does the carrot have to do with machete juggling? The answer is you gotta see it to understand it.

Anton
I know I invited you to the Philadelphia juggling convention this weekend, but my agent booked four jobs for me this weekend, so I will not be able to attend.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Adressed twice in the same post! Great I love it! No hard feeling. I have too much work up here anyway!

Good luck with the gigs not that you need it you old pro.

Anton
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Thanks for the help folks. Off to walmart I go
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Torch, egg and frying pan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL