The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloons for football matches? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4436 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hi everyone.

I am doing a gig for an ents agency next Saturday (6th Oct. 2007) and it's at a football ground (pre-match and during half time).

I should say, proper football, (not American football where your feet are not involved with the ball at all, really - I guess you would say soccer - infidels that you are. Smile )

I was just wondering if anyone had done this sort of thing before and what sort of things you twist?

Thanks,

Dave
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Soccer....why can't you people just submit and call it soccer? Do you think that is an American word? Heck no! Can't be, so blame who ever it came from but the fact we play it at all should impress you and bring about the name change. Do you all whine because of Australian Football and they use the hands? NO! I'd make doggies at the game.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4436 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Let the Bashing begin....... Smile

Quote:
On 2007-10-01 03:58, MagicSanta wrote:
Australian Football and they use the hands?

Yes but like the Brits and the game Rugby they don’t use all those girly pads and things to stop them from breaking their nails and getting boo boos! Smile

Can you say shhhh ..... it stirrer? (It’s amazing how the shh ..... it joke is not funny when you get past secondary school French with that really hot teacher?

Oh and why do doggies? Not that it’s not a good idea. Just wondered what your thoughts are on that?

PLEASE realise I am not anti American! I am just joking (well except the part about the pads … but that comes from playing a real sport –canoe polo where you are allowed to hit your opponent (or own team embers when they mess up come to that) as hard and wherever you like – as long as (and this was the only rule on the hitting [at least when I played at uni] your blades (paddles) were not metal edged! Smile now that’s a real sport!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Actually here in the US they would keep the balloons straight and wave them in the air making 'em wiggle. I'm not kidding.....kind of dumb really. I thought rugby was the proper name for people who make rugs.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I think your thinking of wigmakers, Santa.

I think anything, big and in the right colours would be the thing to go for. Dare I ask what teams are playing?

I sold a load of balloons to the crowds who where watching Man U go through the city after they won the treble. I made large red tridents and tall red, white and black hats.

George
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Dave, You Brits! I remember attending the World Cup when Italy hosted it...what...1988? I was stationed on Sardinia and the Brits played all their games there to help the Italians maintain some degree of control. Hard to leave an island undetected, after all. :o) That was a great time, though!

I can't speak for the Brit version of Football, but for the Yank version I'll make goalpost hats out of white 260's and a brown football. It's great watching kids (and adults) crashing around the place all with goalposts on their heads trying for that extra point. Maybe you could rig some sort of simple goal hat and a 9" round. Something to work on, eh?
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Sardinia! I've been there!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I was stationed at Decimomanu just outside of Cagliari, Santa. Lived in Iglesias right next door to the football stadium. Had ringside seats. :o) You? (Dang...here I go off thread again!)
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
I work a football match at lincoln was that were you was as I was in cuba that week if so how did you find it if not how did you find it and what did you make I like making hats but the kids just don't want hats at lincoln for some reson but I make 350 swords and hearts on sticks works well for me (if it lincoln hope you had a good time but now keep off my patch lol)
love me love my magic
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Big tall hats in team colors. get the loudest lot to where them and the rest will follow

Oh and to clear up the pad thing, little kids and girls don't play that hard so they don't need pads. Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was at the NATO armory testing security. I wasn't doing the testing, I was supporting the guys who did the testing.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Well, heck, Santa...we probably kicked back a few beers opposite one another's tables! :o)

cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
By the way how did your football match go and have they booked you any more?did you get any tips when I work football games I never get tip Smile
love me love my magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloons for football matches? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL