The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Display (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but a search was fruitless for me.

Have you ever pre-made a choice of balloons and displayed them somehow?
How did you attach or display them?

I have thought about pegboard with hooks but not sure about popping issues.
Plus the weight of the board doesn't attract me.
Any ideas? Thanks.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hiya buddy! I did it once. I picked up a wire rack designed for a kitchen that had a rubbery/plasticky paint on it. I hung it in the EZ Up using string and just tied the balloons to it.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I read somewhere that a naked umbrella is quite good for that. The only thing I would say is make sure it's quite high up you don't want to acquire a collection of eyeballs on the end of the spokes.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I made a few lady bugs put them on the table legs. a few hats and butterfly costumes that I gave to the other vendors kids as I knew they would be there all day. from there they walked around and basically promoted me free!
ALASKA MAGIC
View Profile
New user
Fairbanks, Alaska
23 Posts

Profile of ALASKA MAGIC
I chose 20 designs that myself and my staff could twist efficently, took photos of them and had them printed on to a foam posterboard with their coorisponding name below them. This posterboard then slides into a sturdy stand which also has a spot for a large picture of myself and a business card holder. I bring this display to larger jobs that have long lines.

If someone doesn't know how to twist a particular design, then they simply put a sticky note over it. This display allows the kids (at their eye level) to see all the options available to choose from.

It's worked great for me for several years now.
BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE!
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
Thanks all.
Some good ideas here.

Alaska, I was thinking along the lines of having cartoon-like drawings of my balloons put onto a poster & then laminate. I will have to search out an artist though. Where did you find your stand?

Thanks.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4436 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I tried an old solid wooden door and a hammer and nails. But I found that I just could not get the nails into the board......the wood was so hard ......

oh and the balloons kept popping for some reason?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Depending upon how original your balloon designs are, go to T. Myers site and buy a pack of the adhesive balloon design stickers, color them and use 'em. I've made my design board magnetic, so I can change prices and designs at any time. I had a piece of clear plexi cut to cover it..that way none of them come up "missing".

Steve
cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
I have made a hat with lots of things coming off it like dogs teadys swords it allways works well
love me love my magic
ALASKA MAGIC
View Profile
New user
Fairbanks, Alaska
23 Posts

Profile of ALASKA MAGIC
AshleyW, I bought my sign holder from a JCPenny store that went out of business here. If I could find a sign holder here in Fairbanks you could find a sturdy sign holder wherever you live. We don't have much to choose from here. Let me know how it goes.
BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Display (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL