The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If you wanna learn how to street perform (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..22~23~24 [Next]
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
Dynamike, Get Jimmy's Book read it, live it.

While I can't just drop everything and become a Street Performer full time.
( My wife & kids wouldn't let me back in the house at all )
I consider myself a "Weekend Warrior" {to use a National Gurad term}. I am out bright and early every Saturday to a local Market Place that encourages performers to help draw a crowd.
I recently got my permit to start working Fells Point & Baltimore City MD so we'll see how that turns out.

Jimmy~ Did I hear correct that you were planning on doing a lecture tour? Let me know when your doing the East Coast. I'll book you for my magic group.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
JohntheMagician

thanks

you heard right, and yes I would like you to book that. but I am not sure yet when.

I have been traveling the world and watching and listening to what people need.

I work every day on many locations and am meeting and working with some of the worlds greatest street performers I am very fortunate and I think this information could be useful for the guys all over in the states.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Jimmy will be ordering the book next Friday...Need all the help I can get. And I heard a rumor that you are coming out with a 2nd book?? Put me in for an order on that too!!!

Hey John, missed seeing you at the market today. Waited for a half hour but then I set up to work. Shoot me a pm maybe we can get a preliminary site central to both Harrisburg and Lancaster.

George
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Yeh I heard genii has done a review on it in this august issue.

but where I am at, I can´t seem to get to a genii magazine, I really wish I could read it, I have no idea what they have said about the book.

yeh this winter I have a lot to put together.

the pouch frank has made for me is a dream and has helped me finally be able to put my new bigger better show together, i´m really pleased....thanks frank.

check it out,

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=48
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

If you're a beginner and are lacking resources I have set up a blog that teaches how to be a sidewalk performer for those of you that are interested.

jimmytalksalot.blogspot.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Bookmarked and now part of the morning routine. Thanks Jimmy, while I'm not new, even an old dog can learn some new tricks.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Thanks hope you injoy it.

I will be updating when the seasons over. I got a load of stuff for it after this season adventure. man what a tuff season.
Robin Z
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Robin Z
I can't wait, I've always been a big fan of the blog.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Thanks there´s gonna be a lot. I have been traveling through out europe and meeting the best in the world.

I am also gonna be filling up the sidewalkperformers who´s who blog with sidewalk guys from all over the world.

I will be writing personal stories in the day at the office blog.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Sounds like I am going to need a notebook for this one. Hope you are having a better time in Spain, know you were saying it was rough.

Best of Luck
George
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

The most exciting news for me is that I have found my big finale after at least 7 years of looking for a new one.

the thing plays as big as a large stage illusion and fits in a small pouch or even in my pockets.

also after recieving my new pouch I have a show that works so people in a stadium could see what I was doing. all large manipulations, 2 1/2" -3" bright red balls for the beginning manipulations and bright 4 1/2" balls to finish manips.....with the pouch working all surrounded.

the people love it and it is paying more then my old show.

this is important because my old show is "tryed and true" and has had to pull me out of all those days of expermiments and loss money, but now with these new tricks even with my terrible performance (because I don´t have them down yet) the effects are paying more.

I can´t imagine how well it should do after I get it all together and down tight.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

I know it´s more difficult but If you can come up with something on your own and more original and avoid using a table, cups and balls, and a straight jacket as your finale, do it! believe me, it is well worth the feeling that you didn´t just take the clone way out. and you will have something to be proud of instead of compared to a million others.

don´t get me wrong these other things are good too, but too much of a good thing ya know.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I close with Chair Suspension.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

My friend istuwa does did that back in the day in new orleans.

he used to be abale to build big crowds and get big hats largely because of this effect.

he also used doves with the vanishing cage trick.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Jimmy, congratulations on getting your finale. I actually close with a rope routine (when I can get a group of people that is). It got some good reactions from the spectators.

George
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You're working hard and it's paying off Jimmy! Keep up the good work.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Thanks for being patient frank.

I think your gonna love what I come up with.

i´m working with one of the pros from the festivals a guy named istvan
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5362 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Man, you know you must be nearing "master" status when clones of your act start appearing. I was in Ocean City, Maryland a few weeks ago and watched not one but two different guys pretty much so your act! Lines, gags, and costume both were Jimmy Talksalot clones! You must be doing something right!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Those were students.

I gotta new show.

and they´re mine! get your own.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Thanks for the compliments.

and I hope they impressed you. or at least entertained you and gave you a good time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If you wanna learn how to street perform (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL