The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If you wanna learn how to street perform (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..22~23~24 [Next]
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
No I appreciate it I get a lot of flack and it´s nice to hear people who agree with me now and again on the forums.

out here in the real world the full time buskers don´t argue with me much because here we are living it, you know.

it seems no matter where I go in the world, some big name guy or less known busker who has been doing it for years thanks me for sticking up for their way of life and telling the truth instead of pitching a "get rich quick scheme."

many of them have told me they don´t bother writing on the forums because they get sick of argueing with these guys.

they also make many suggestions what I should write and that´s a lot of what you have been hearing and a lot of what inflames some of the guys that go after me for telling what we believe is the truth about what we do.

it´s a great feeling though when these guys stop me or come looking for me, it just means I get to learn a lot on the work sight.

sometimes it kinda bothers me when some one recognizes me from the internet or youtube or something and doesn´t recognize a master I am standing next to.

but in a way it´s nice for me also because I know my work is being appreciated.

but I always make it a point for everyone to know who the master is on the pitch if this happens.

my life would be a lot easyer if I could tell you their names because this would shut so many of my critics down flat, but like I said they can´t be bothered and have asked me not to mention their names, because then it would give them my problems. and some of them I just don´t know well enough to go dropping their names.

I don´t mind doing this stuff for them I feel like I am paying them back for what they have done for me.

a lot of times I put them on the who´s who blog I got wether they like it or not, after words they always thank me any way.

this season I have accumalated a lot and this blog will be filled up this winter when I find the time.

I really believe these guys should get the credit that they deserve, but being street guys you don´t get the publicity Copperfield does.

fact is i´m not that good, guys like cellini, sonny holliday, eric evans, gazzo and nick nicholis are so good sometimes I feel like I am wasting my time.

hell my students are getting so good I can´t keep up with them.

but I am just glad in my life I got to be apart of and contribute to this work.

your pal jimmy
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

If you're a beginner and are lacking resources I have set up a blog that teaches how to be a sidewalk performer if any bodies interested.

jimmytalksalot.blogspot.com
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Jimmy,

When ya gonna get some pics of Nick on there?!?!
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Chad thanks!

oh nick is gonna get HUGE play on the blog. to me he is exactly what a real busker is. not just to me but on every pitch he stops on they all say he is a real worker with the lifestyle. the magicians respect him as a real artist, and as young as he is he has already seen a lot of the world and worked it.

he works the first, the second and third world, because he can.

he is living the lifestyle. he is an artist and a traveller.

I have a lot of stuff to do with the blog, but I need more time off to do it.

but I promise you I will.

thanks chad for keeping this thread up and keeping the community sticky going. my goal is to beat the one at the top with views and replies that no one wants in our section.

I am hoping that the powers that be will be kind enough to give us a sticky if not well at least the beginner will know they can go to my blog to learn.

I am just happy that we have a forum like this so everyone can learn more about our art,industry,a nd ourselves.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
No problem Jimmy,

There's a lot of important information in this thread. It should be mandatory reading for new buskers.

Yeah, Nick's stories are great. He makes me wanna go out and weld a couple of old bikes together.

Ya need a tig or mig welder for that? I think it's a tig. I gotta look into getting me one of them.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Whats the deal with the bikes being welded together?
Anton
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Anton,,

they are talkin about Nick W , "the american magician from thailand" (yea he's busked in the 3rd world) . . He's a cool guy who also used to go by the name "Nickey Robot".

He travels the world pretty much just on a Tall Bike that was given to him from a friend..
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

If you're a beginner and are lacking resources I have set up a blog that teaches how to be a sidewalk performer
jimmytalksalot.blogspot.com
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1090 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Jimmy, funny story for you. I was playing in a little town in southern Germany the past weekend. After a show, a guy came up and invited us (my lady and I) to the local `Monthly Magician Meeting', that night, in a local restraurant. Restraurant?, sure!, that sounds like a free meal! We showed up,.. ate,.. then talked a bit about playing the `streets'.

One guys asks,"My cousin sent me a book from America, by Jimmy Talksalot; is he a `Star' over there, or something?" "Yeap", I said, "right after Britney Spears and George Cloony,..Jimmy's big time."

He knew I was pulling his leg. But then he asked a funny one. "That name, `Talksalot', is he Polish?" !!! Hey, I told him how to find you on the Internet,.. that one he can ask you himself!

all the best,
gallagher
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Yep.

I'm sick and tired of that clooney always bummin money off me.

you'd think he would have made a few bucks with those movies he did.

that britney is always embarassing us back home in louisiana.

we always try and put on a show to the out side world that we got it together....and there she is just puttin us out there for the whole world to see.

I usually tell people talksalot is english not irish because it's one word.....
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hey Jimmy, where ya been?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Hey chad. where have YOU been?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Me?

Just goofin' around...selling random balloon creations to small niche crowds.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/19/20081103/img......db5.html

I like to call this one the Obama "O" in Democrat Blue
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

GREAT! I didn't know you were so tall, either!
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Anyone heard from Jimbo?
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Being new to the Café and old to our art, I appreciate this posting. I am awaiting an order from Theambitiouscard and wish I had this book many years ago. I plan on hitting the streets next year and am in training to pass the hat.

Thanks Jimmy for your blog...it is worth the money!

Can not wait for what else you come up with.

-Scott M
sir real
View Profile
New user
I've been tied to
85 Posts

Profile of sir real
So, anybody heard from Jimmy Talksalot lately?
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
No. I haven't heard any report of him being in New Zealand [down near Australia]. I'd love to meet him personally. I guess he's out touring and making money instead of sitting in front of a computer writing to us at present.
The presentation makes the magic.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Been almost 2 months, should we be concerned for his safety?
I hope he is well.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

I called him and left a message. Have not heard back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If you wanna learn how to street perform (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL