The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If you wanna learn how to street perform (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3245 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Jimmy I thought you hated california!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Hey Jimmy, How is the second edition of the book coming along? That is if I remembered correctly that you said you were thinking of adding to the book.

GeorgeP
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Yep I hate california no question but I love my kids and they are here.

the book is still being written sorry nothing yet.

the busker fest is here in san diego, I'll be on ch. 6 here tomarrow performing and talking about myself and my book for publicity for the fest on a show called san diego living.

by the way some folks here think I am marketing here, so I would like to tell everyone that the blog is free.

I have made $0 on the pouches it was all sent to cellini and I'm not sure if we will continue the line.

my book has made me what I make in a day on the streets no really. but it wasn't written to make money it was written to get a lot of the old guys opinions out there.

so if you think I am marketing here, I guess I'm a bad marketer I'm not making any money, but I'm making a lot of friends who have gotten the help they need and a lot of free stuff.

I make all my money on the streets. and I write here to try and help my peers.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I really enjoy your first book. I can not wait for the second one to be published. Please keep us up to date.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2009-04-06 15:21, jimmy talksalot wrote:
some years ago the resteruant owners passed laws to bann us from the area. when I was working the cops came to shut me down and all these resteruant owners came out and defended me, the cops were angry because the owners were the ones to pass the laws. the owners told the cops that they NOW need us because of the recession and that we are the only thing working to bring people down town.

It's funny how these things work themselves out like this.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3245 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Hey Jimmy - Jerry Salazar calls you 'Jimmy Ocelot'. I thought that was very cute. Don't take offense, he gets everyone's name wrong...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I'd consider it an honor if Jerry Salazar had even heard of me...let alone felt the need to say my name in a sentence. "Chad Bally....who?" Smile

I'd love to meet that man one day. He's class through and through.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Jerry is a great guy and been doing this stuff for years.

I got him on my who's who of sidewalk performers blog.

I just put a bunch more guys on there and I am in the midst of adding more.

it is also a free site I am doing for those who are interested for education on busking and who's who and I am also trying to give credit to all those who have been doing it for so many years, but are not getting the credit so many t.v. magicians or more well ta-do performers get.

it's quite a job so if your not on there yet please be patient I'm trying to catch up with all of them.

here's the link.

http://sidewalkperformerswhoswho.blogspot.com/
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5416 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I wonder why I'm not on the talksalot site?

I'm a pretty good street performer, right?
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Hmm this is dated nov 27 2007 so that means you've been there a long time.

http://sidewalkperformerswhoswho.blogspo......zmo.html

and I have sent you this link everytime you have said, "I wonder why I'm not on the talksalot site?"

everyone else has seen it. since 2007.

it's easy koz just click on the link
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Your on all my blogs and even publihed in chapters in my book and thanked in the back of the book.

have you read my book? your in it.

the real question is why am I not apart of anything you have ever done. I'm not even mentioned, but I never thought anything about it till you posted this here.

I would love to be apart of your work, you have promised many times and even set dates, but it never seemed to ever happen. but that's alright thanks for all the offers, it gave me a chance to dream about how fun it would be.

koz it's good to hear from you. I hope your making a whole lot of money.

I hope you go to the link, I said a lot of nice things about you. but you'll never know till you click on it, or read my book ......well, you can lead a horse to water.

but for the everyone else who wanted to see the latest update here's the link;

http://sidewalkperformerswhoswho.blogspot.com/
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5416 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Cat got your tongue?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I'd love to see a dvd of Jimmy talksalots work if possible Koz?

Really enjoyed your book Jimmy.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

I'm glad you liked the book, thanks. but the publisher really deserves a lot of the credit. they did a fine job putting it together inspite of my bad orginizational skills.

my publisher believes in me, and by the way he is definately one of the good ones out there, he has published a lot of important stuff by imortant people in our industry who might have been missed by other publishers.

and certainly not talking bad about other publishers I am just really proud to be apart of Leaping Lizards.

me and leaping lizards have also been tossing around an idea for a video, but it's too early to say.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Jimmy

I have your book and have read it at least 8 times and it has been very helpful but a Video would be AWESOME and purchase it in a minute. So please Leaping Lizards and Jimmy make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RobChapman
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of RobChapman
Just wanted to say a great blog site Jimmy. Just started looking at street performance and your writings are not just informative but inspirational yet real.

Cheers
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Heyhey!

I heard a rumor that theres going to be a compilation of visual images demonstrating the teachings in Jimmys Blog/book .. it may even be starring the man himself!

:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I think you should do a DVD Jimmy.

I've got to say, before I saw mention of you on the Café, I saw you doing some stuff on Youtube (backyard goofing etc. ) and said to my friends "that's the kind of magic I like".
There's a purity to the effects you do. I especially liked the routine with the ball the hat and the wand. Great stuff. I'd buy a DVD if you made one.

Neal
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I disagree. Stick with the books. That way your material will be more exclusive and you will avoid having a bunch of folks doing exact copies of your routine. People will be forced to think about what they are doing...
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » If you wanna learn how to street perform (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL