The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Denver! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, but have been performing magic for 35 years. I kinda got out of it for a while now and have recently returned to magic and I'm working on getting my act back together.

I learned magic before the age of computers or even VCR's for that matter and I work primarily with sleights; cards, coins, ropes etc. as opposed to gimmicked effects. I learned from some of the masters back in the 70's like Slydini, Paul Harris, Daryl, Michael Ammar, Al Goshman, Harry Lorrayne. So I still perform in that style. One of my greatest memories was at a convention in Atlanta when I stayed up late night with Tony Slydini and Al Goshman (I think Paul Harris was there too but not sure) in the hotel bar just talking shop and seeing the most unbelievable magic I will ever see. The pinnacle of the evening was when Slydini asked me to hold his cigarette while he amazed a few hotel patrons. I stood there with a stupid grin on my face thinking, "My god! I'm holding Slydini's freakin cigarette!!"

I majored in Theater in college to help my performing and worked nightclubs and restaurants in Florida and all over the southeast in the 70's and 80's and developed quite a following and reputation as a night club entertainer. Unfortunately, I got married to a woman who frowned upon my late night career path and I stupidly got out of entertaining and took up a regular paycheck job. I'm now married to the most wonderful woman in existence who is encouraging me to get back into magic as it is what I do best.

So, I'm a little out of touch with recent developments in magic but getting caught up fast. I know I'll have a lot of questions about the newer effects and techniques (I just picked up Richard Sander's 'Interlace' and having a blast with it) And I'm sure I have a LOT of information to help others with in regards to sleights and performing in general.

So, once again, Hello! And I can't wait to start talkin' shop!!

Kendall Scot
Wizard
Denver Colorado
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Welcome, Kendall
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Kendall,
You have a very nice resume. I wish to read this kind of introductions more often... Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 32.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Denver! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL