The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamariz' Five Points In Magic: COMING SOON!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5367 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Cool!! I (sadly) had to sell my first edition recently, so this is great news! Here's the copy from Stephen Minch's site:

THE FIVE POINTS IN MAGIC
Juan Tamariz

Expected to ship October 31

Discover the Five Points—and the Secrets of Using Them
Long out of print and widely sought after, The Five Points in Magic is Juan Tamariz's highly regarded study of the physical and psychological secrets that use the body to fool the mind. He shows in detail how each of these five possessions—
• THE EYES
• THE VOICE
• THE HANDS
• THE FEET
• THE BODY
can be marshaled to create entertaining and seemingly impossible happenings.

In The Five Points in Magic, Juan Tamariz teaches magicians that it is not the hands alone that deceive, but also the feet, the body, the eyes and the voice. It is only through a full understanding of all five of these tools of nature and communication that the conjurer can spin a complete web of illusion that traps and then transports his audiences into the astonishing realm he has prepared for them.

These five tools are essential and invaluable to the stage conjurer and the close-up magician alike, and they are clearly analyzed and taught by Tamariz from his vantage point of years of successful professional performance in both venues. Tamariz enhances the clarity of his ideas and explanations with solid examples drawn from his own repertoire. As the reader learns seminal principles, he also learns these professional effects and techniques—
• The Appearing Card on Handkerchief
• Crossing the Gaze
• Double Crossing the Gaze
• The Ribbonspread Force
• Alís Topper (a book test)
• Protean Poker
• Upper Cut (a Tamarisian study of Larry Jennings's 'Coin Cut')

There is no other book that so quickly, efficiently and entertainingly puts into the reader's hands the tools required to raise his performances to a level of true professionalism and draw his audiences into the world of magic.

The text and design of this new edition have been revised to provide added clarity for readers of this valuable modern classic of magic.

94 pages in deluxe hardcover.

Check it out HERE!!
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1574 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
It just... takes me to wait since I heard the name of great Tamariz... it finally refined and reprint!!!

Hope the Hermetic Press will have enough copies printed this time...

I can't wait to real the ideas from this book.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
This is such good news for the folks who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars obtaining this great great book. I've read the book and then resold it but am looking forward to purchasing another copy at a very reasonable price.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
I have heard a lot about this book and seen many on e-bay for top dollar. Its great news that I will finally be able purchase a copy.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
My copy was in the mailbox today (quite possible it was there yesterday too). Looks like it got pushed up.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Buy this book.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sman
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of sman
I got mine from Hocus-Pocus over a week ago.

Skip
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
I just got mu copy from Hocus-Pocus this week. Its a great book and glad I was able to pick one up.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Just got mine this morning and read it straight through in one sitting. Just having lunch then I plan to re-read immediately taking notes. I have that happiness you get from reading something you know is very special and will be a joy to return to over the years. Yum.
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamariz' Five Points In Magic: COMING SOON!!! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL