The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Over the line??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
I was in a competition where I did Mark Mason's coin flux. After the coins appeared under one card I took the 2 coins to one side and the other coin to the other side of the mat. I drew attention to the 2 coins here and 1 coin here. Covered them with my hands and shifted them a little. I said "Watch"......I pull up my hands and nothing happened. I kindof chuckle, shrug my shoulders and say "I couldn't afford that version...." I thought it was a great line and many others did too. However, there was someone doing a routine with Dean Dill's $1000 Explosion trick that night too. I didn't know beforehand, and honestly it had been over 2 years since I saw it performed so I wasn't trying to mimic any moves with my joke. They were a little upset.

I was curious what others think.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Very good thinking on the spot. It's about skill and entertainment.

Bairefoot
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
If it was a competition, were you supposed to know what everyone who entered was planning to perform so that nothing would / could be repeated? If you were, then shame on you!

If not, I don't see how someone could be upset that you might have done something they were planning to do before they took the stage, since you performed first. How would you have known?

I wouldn't worry about it. Stuff happens.

Mark.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
You are a funny and creative guy. Although I have seen explosion many times and appreciate it, I love a person who frames their magic and patter, even more. In jokes can be very funny at the right time. All comedy by it's nature will offend some or many.

Harris deutsch
laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Thanks Harris - you rock the coins man. Tell Nigel Hi
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I wouldn't let it worry you, the guy has probably forgotten it already. It's very sweet of you to be concerned about their feelings though. I guess it was a case of 'luck of the draw' and you were lucky,

Diane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Over the line??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL