The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Help with a blendo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I was not sure if this is where I should post this question or not but here goes. I used to own a really nice blendo about 25 years ago that I got rid of, yes I have kicked myself more times than I care to remember. I have a question concerning the type of blendo I had and if I am able to find one again. I was hopeing to get some of the long time performers to help me with my question. Please pm me if you want to help. I did not want to explain it in the open forum.

Thank you
Steven
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
The Blendo I have I made from Rices Silk book. I made some refinements to it, but I haven’t pulled it out in awhile and can’t recall it. If I remember correctly, I used boning materials as described. Also, I used an elastic to hold the silks so I don’t have to have them permanently attached. Finally, I used a dove pocket to hide them and used a Slydini dove steal for it. How’s that for not revealing secrets?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would guess that you had what is known as a prepared blendo which is made with two identical silks sewn together.

The other method most used is Neil Foster's Unprepared blendo where the silks are tied end to end to a large silk.

Also there have been various type of bag blendos. Sud and the Bongo blendo are two that come to mind.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
In one of Duane Laflin's silk DVD, he has a very good Blendo that I use. I won't tip the method, but it is very easy to construct and uses only one large silk.

Look at http://www.lockfamilymagic.com to check out his DVDs.

David
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Duke Stern..Howard
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Steven,

Are you aquainted with Pavel's Blendo Balloon Box. It's an excellent method which is easily constructed.

Best Magical Wishes,

Lester
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Richard has it. That is the one I had. I did not want to go into a lot of detail here but I liked the way it worked for me on stage. The first one you described with the 2 sewn together. It was a very nice looking effect. Anyone know where I can find something like that now? David, I was looking on that site and found a lot of good stuff. Lester I am not familure with that box. I got out of magic for quiet a long time and so much has come along since then. It is almost as if I just started out and knew nothing. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Happy Magic
Steven
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I can still make them up and Rice has some very nice ones I believe with the art silks. It depends on what you want.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Wow Richard, I forgot I posted in here about the blendo. I would love to get another one like I tried to explain. I am goin gto be emailing you about them and I am going to look at the rice site also. I know it might be a strange thing but I really liked the blendo I used. It got a really good reaction as was pretty easy to maintain. I just still kick myself for getting out of magic like I did and selling or really just about giving it all away. Of the cost of getting back into it now....WOW!!!! Thaks again Richard and all who posted here.

Happy Magic
Steven
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
I have a non gimmick blendo, 36" target shape silk for sale.
PM me if you are interersting.
Eran
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Anyone got the balloon blendo box from Pavel, I know you could make one, but I may buy one from Pavel. What's it like?
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
One the the better blendos on the market comes from ugm stevens have them I use it its great and self contained .
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
You may see a short movie of me performing the Blendo on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9xFI3htn3c
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-09-23 11:08, eb02 wrote:
You may see a short movie of me performing the Blendo on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9xFI3htn3c

I love it. Very well done, is that your own? Ever come to the US, I can arrange a lecture for you.
I am planning to visit Israel and lecture there myself.
Nice work, not sure about the parasols though.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Thanks, yes this is my own.
The blendo is made from high quality silks.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-09-24 00:25, eb02 wrote:
Thanks, yes this is my own.
The blendo is made from high quality silks.

I am surprised no one else has commented on your blendo. It is so much better looking than prepared blendos.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Very nice blendo. Much better than my store bought one.
Life of Magic!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Eb02 video of his Blendo looks just like Mahka Tendo's Blendo he use to sell at magic conventions. He use to sell a large black silk with a pink flower on it and 2 smaller matching silks of the same design. It was the only thing he would sell, but he was not at his booth very much.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, I have two of those blendos I got from Mahka. I had planned to use them in a rose act.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone bought Pavel's balloon box blendo? I just want to know what the box is like, I may buy one from him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Help with a blendo (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL