The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » I didn't sign up to be in their mailing list (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Gan
View Profile
New user
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59 Posts

Profile of Jeff Gan
I found 2 emails from a online magic dealer in my spambox, one requesting me to confirm my mailing list subscription and another confirming my subscription to the mailing list.The emails were sent to me 30 seconds apart.

The thing is, I've not visited this website in a long long long time and definitely did not request to be in their mailing list. Neither have I ever been a customer of theirs. I'm disgusted that they have to resort to marketing this way.

I noticed 1 other Café user having this problem. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=40

Anyone else?
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
523 Posts

Profile of sibbie
You can always report them. See http://www.spamcop.com/ It is one thing to send you a one-time invitation (although just as irritating) but to automatically confirm you is another issue.

I have not had this problem with this particular company but, as Steve mentioned in his reply to the post above, if you have your e-mail address available anywhere online it is not hard for bots to harvest your e-mail address. It is not necessarily from the Café but can come from personal sites (even those who use the most common type of form instead of posting their e-mail directly on the page).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » I didn't sign up to be in their mailing list (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL