The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
The LONG WAIT is finally over! We are happy to announce that we are IN PRODUCTION of the long awaited Wacky Wolf version of the Classic Wiz-Kote Machine effect!
We call it...the CELLULATOR!
As you would expect, we went MILES AHEAD of the original version in Design, Plot, Quality and Function! The new plot has made this great effect NOT FOR JUST KIDS ANYMORE! The effect can work equally well for ADULT SHOWS (if not even better) yet fantastic for Kid Shows as well! We changed the plot so a CELL PHONE, I-PHONE, GAMEBOY or any other small electronic device may be used!

Basic effect is as follows:
A Cell Phone is borrowed as the Magician states he can upload up to 1 MILLION FREE MINUTES using his latest invention
...the CELLULATOR! The Cell Phone is dropped inside the wild contraption. All is going well as the JUMBO LIGHTS FLASH! The ratcheting Minute Maximizer Dial is turned up to the 1 MILLION MINUTE setting and things begin to GO WRONG! Suddenly a LOUD SIREN shrills and THICK SMOKE BEGINS TO PLUME OUT OF THE BOX! As a last act of desperation, the Magician rips the lid off the box, all four sides fall displaying the BORROWED CELL PHONE BURNT TO A CRISP and dripping gooey melted black ick!! The phone is later found fully restored
in location of Magician’s Choice! ( Nested Boxes, Box above Audience etc.)

Please note that the jokes and humorous byplay has been omitted however you can see the impact this will have as the spectator sees his cell phone melted into a black gooey mess!

Created by Chance Wolf / Engineered by Chance Wolf & Ron Arthur
FEATURING: NON-PYRO Smoke! Legal to use in ANY VENUE / Sure Fire Smoke Ignition System / Ultra Fast Smoke Reset / Ultra Loud Siren / Ultra Bright Flashing LED's / Ratcheting “Power Dial” / Break Away Comedy Antenna / 10" Tall x 7" Wide x 7" Deep / Burnt Cell Phone / Can of Black Slime / Hardshell Case Included

email me at: magician@wolfsmagic.com to be added to the "Interested List"
Please visit our website for complete info http://www.wolfsmagic.com We will be posting the web page later tonight.

I will be here to answer questions as they may come.
Thanks and I hope this will be well worth the wait!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Here is a pic of the new effect!

Click here to view attached image.

Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
296 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Hi Chance

My pre-order is in.

WONDERFUL idea and an AMAZING looking prop as always

Congrats to all!

Cliff
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
Chance, I believe I read one time that you had two versions of this a one person and a two person(please correct me if I'm wrong) Which version is this? Looks unbelievable as usual-congrats on another one.
Dr. Rod
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Dr. Rod,
I decided to go with the standard version ( two person ) but it can easily be performed by ONE PERSON depending on your re-production props.
The phone will secretly dump out of the gimmick lid with one hand and into whatever you plan to reproduce it in.
My other idea was far to complex and would have cost at least $1200 which I thought was a bit steep for the average buyer.

We hope to create a wacky new prop to re-produce the cell phone. Maybe a wild spin on the nest of boxes. We will see!!
Thanks for the kind words,
Chance

dking66
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of dking66
The "Cellulator" looks and sounds great! It all really makes sense... more so than the shoe... if you think about it. The thought of adding minutes is a great plot... and I love the break-away antenna! Including the case in the price is a plus! Probably the biggest plus over the shoe... is that it doesn't need ignitors and cotton... and will use a glow plug. Also, it will be more compact and easier to travel with than the shoe version. I can't wait to get mine... just in time for Christmas shows. Wish it could be ready by October 20 or so... for Halloween shows, though. Thanks, Chance, for another wonderful piece of wacky magic! This might possibly be your best yet!
Doug
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
My order is in! This looks awesome! Is it just me, or do Chance Wolf's products look better and better? This machine really looks like it's out of a spaceship. And the price seems incredibly low.....
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

...put the spectator's phone in the Cellulator, and ring the phone (make sure you get someone who knows their phone number.) The phone is heard ringing inside the Cellulator. The spectator confirms that's his ring tone. Then, the ringing is interrupted by a crackling noise, followed by a series of erratic ring tones and tunes played at varying speeds..... the effect continues as described.
This should be possible by calling the spectator's number (assuming you both have a signal at the venue). After the phone has rung a few times, you cancel the call and simultaneously start a sound generator inside the Cellulator. This could be as crude as a tape player strapped to the unit, or a more sophisticated remote device.
Anyone care to suggest some ideas/methods that might work with this?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

In answer to my own post above, there's a trick called "Polly Learns a Card Trick" by Bruce Kalver. With the trick you receive a small, easily palmable Memo Recorder. With this unit you could: phone the spectator's cell phone and hear it ring inside the Cellulator. Next, you reach inside the Cellulator, to switch the phone off. First you turn on the memo recorder, which will record the next two rings and repeat them. During this time the phone is p****d out of the Cellulator, and the memo recorder made to play the sequence of weird sounding ringtones. You draw your hand sharply out of the box and slam it shut as it starts to smoke, etc.
Don't know if this handling would work yet, but I can't help getting excited about anyting new Chance puts out.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Potty...want a JOB?!! Smile
I always enjoy your thinking and ability to extend far past my original thoughts.
It would be a real treat to see your show and see some of my creations becoming your own in your creative way!
Great thinking as usual and if you are ever in the USA...ya got a job!
Chance

WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
962 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Hey Chance,

So You are not making the bigger version now?

Just checking before I order.

best
Wayne
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Wayne,
I chose not to make a large shoe version for several reasons as follows.

The original Wiz Kote, as great as an effect as it is, had some drawbacks. It was a larger bulky prop which we wanted to avoid as we have enough bulky props already.
The Shoe was always a problem due to the load size limitation. You had to find just the right shoe and with todays monster shoes loaded with ultra thick treads it made it even harder.
I wanted to update the theme/plot and move the effect passed Children's shows allowing this fantastic effect to be performed for ADULT audiences which was my most important goal as it expands the sales market as well as the fun Smile

Those are the main reasons for my choice. I do not plan to do a larger size due to the excessive R&D plus...it's been done already.
Thanks so much for the great support!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Hello this Michael Bairefoot. I gave the cellulator idea and direction for this illusion about a year ago. I told him eveyone uses a cell phone and it would pack a lot smaller. I should have the orginal emails on my other computer. He also suppose to be making an egg bag that has cell phone effects in it also. I thought the idea to use both together. I looked at the site and I did not see my name any where. He told me that he would give me the first one can't wait to get it. I will have to call him tomorrow. I hope eveyone likes it.

Michael Bairefoot
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Michael,
You are absolutely right and I have been waiting for you to make a post as I could not remember your name!!! I figured you would chime in eventually! We talked over the phone and you never left me any personal info etc. or I would have given you credit immediately. I apologize for this but you have no idea how many people pitch ideas at me but yours was a great one. The rest of the work was immense but a great suggestion to use a cell phone.
You will be given credit on the website as well as the instructions for sure.
Your complimentary CELLULATOR will be coming your way as soon as they are complete.
Please email me all your shipping info etc so I can get you in the system.
The Cell Phone Bag may be something to have another company handle as we do not do Seaming work etc.
Thanks for the great suggestion.
Chance

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Chance I knew that you were a man of his word! A true professional! I have kept it a secret on my end and I am glad that I did so that you would and could make this great prop. It looks awesome. I placed my reply on some of the other messages that you left hoping that you would see my reply. Thanks a again man. I owe you lot. I hope everyone else likes it too. By the way if any magician has an idea that he is scared to share with anyone Chance is your man. He will keep it a secret and help if he can. Thanks again.

Michael Bairefoot
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Michael, you're one lucky chappie, but what a great idea. Congratualations on getting a COMPLIMENTARY Cellulator!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Hello, this is Steve Thomas. I think Chance has another winner with this!

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I agree Steve. I like the idea of the cell phone rather than a shoe. I need to look into this a little further.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Chance, I'm delighted that you like my idea. I hope I can soon get a DVD of my Weasel routine. It's the most "rounded" of all my routines with your props, and lasts about 8-10 minutes. Though my "Ka-Blammo" routine, which is slowly grinding into gear, will be one of my top pirate routines I hope.....
....which brings me to an interesting point. Having bought most of Chance's products since Wolf's Magic began, I've discovered that although each effect comes with its own routine, inevitably I make loads of changes until the routine is uniquely mine. I've found it very possible, though not easy, to make most of his props fit a pirate theme. And it's taken a lot of time working with them, and getting new ideas. Once you have your own routine with a Wolf prop, you start to really wow the kids. Don't get me wrong, the routines are all just great exactly as described. But it's oh, so tempting to add bits and pieces.
What I like about so many of the products Chance makes, is that they can be used in many different ways. They're a cartoon canvas onto which you can paint any slapstick you like. What is the Cellulator? It's a really, really cool looking clackety-clacking gadgety thing which flashes, pours smoke, sounds an alarm, and generally provides the performer with a hilarious scenario.
What about borrowing the entire contents of someone's wallet (paper money I mean), and putting it into the Cellulator. Find a spectator with a particularly fat wallet......
And the Cellulator looks like the perfect prop to destroy the bill in bill to lemon. I prefer to burn the note when I can, but here's a venue-friendly device that will work like a dream, I think, to destroy pretty much anything you like.
I hope Chance makes a range of machines which destroy stuff. There is so much comedy to be played with on that theme. I need a BIG version of this for my parrot to get fried in....
There must be lots of other routines possible with this thing. The pre-release buzz is an ideal time for folks to come up with other original routines and ideas. So..............anyone?
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Potty,
It is always great to read your posts. You are one of the most creative and positive members of the Magic Café...plus a great customer Smile I love the way you think and how you approach topics in the Café! Keep it coming!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL