The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Can anybody tell me which brand of battery do you use with your cellulator??

Thanks Markus
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I don't know if BRAND is important, unless you can find some of the "industrial" type 9-volt batteries. Some companies do make those, but you rarely find them somewhere like a local discount store.

Steve
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Steve thanks for the answer. Which brand do you use with the cellulator?

markus
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Markus,
You can use nearly any brand such as Energizer or Duracell.
Just be sure it is a 9 VOLT ONLY. You had wrote me and said you had tried different voltages that were higher than 9 Volt. You can damage the unit by doing this.

I hope this helps,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Yeah, I was thinking of hooking up a 12v car battery, but it wouldn't fit into the compartment. And it's way too heavy to carry. Hey...maybe solar power...

Steve
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3793 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Nucular is the way to go-clean and efficient.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Who is this? Bush? NUCLEAR...NEW-CLE-UR..always hated that mis-prounuciation of nuke-u-lur.

Steve
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Yes it was everytime 9 Volte Batteries but we rechecked it with a volatege checker or how you call it in the USA and I tried Varta, Panasonic and a nooo name brand from the local grocery store. Only this typ of battery worked. This is the reason why I asked you the question about the brand you use. Fresh batteries didn't work with the unit.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I always go with Energizer or Duracell. One of the two (and I can't remember which) seems to fit better, but both work when brand new. There are industrial versions of Energizer batteries. I didn't know this until another Café member informed me a couple years ago.

Steve
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-11-10 15:48, magicinsight wrote:
Nucular is the way to go-clean and efficient.

Michael

How so?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
While nuclear energy is truly much more efficient than conventional coal based power generation..then you have the problem with the disposal of the byproducts. Trust me...now yer talking 'bout somethin' I knows 'bout!

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Here is what I will be using as a finale to my Cellulator routine. It is not nuclear....or nucular either, for that matter, but I think it will still be very effective!

:)

Regan

Well, I tried to attach a pic, but couldn't get it to work, so here is a link to photobucket:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff127......Phon.jpg
Mister Mystery
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Regan,
That looks pretty cool! It is far different than what my creative team has come up with. Maybe you can take the plunge into manufacturing and get it on the market! You may find that building magic is a bit more work and cost than expected but it seems to be worth it in the end.
Maybe you can post the effect and get some valuable input from fellow Café members.
Good luck with the project!
Chance

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Chance,

Thanks so much! I am glad it is different than what you will be releasing.

As far as marketing it though, I don't know about that. You nailed it about the work and cost being more than anticipated. This project has been costly and also a royal pain! Trying to find the right parts has been a real challenge. I have spent untold hours searching the internet, and running around locally trying to locate what I needed just to build this, before any actual work ever started! Seems I had problems every way I turned with getting the parts too. It's untelling what I have spent trying to get this prototype made.

Had I realized the cost, headaches, and work involved I may have never started it in the first place. Also, if it hadn't been for trying to hurry and come up with a routine and suitable ending to your Cellulator (so I could decide if I wanted to order one or not) I may have never started making this. I am really glad I did though. It seems once I started it I became obsessed and driven to finish it.

Your suggestion to get feedback from Café members is a great one. I know there are a lot of wonderfully creative minds here, and if anyone has any suggestions or feedback I hope they will let me know.

Good luck with your finale project also!!!!

Regan
Mister Mystery
dmm
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dmm
Any additional pictures of teh Cellulator yet? Anyone?

Thanks
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
My buddy Andy Martin has a fantastic website with some great pics of the Cellulator.
Be sure to click "read" link above left to read his review.
http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=new&key=3592

Be sure to check out the rest of his website. It is the BEST on the web!
Thanks
Chance

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Very nice review, and I second everything Andy said!

Steve
dmm
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dmm
Chance,

thanks for the link with the Pics, it looks great!
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
I can't find any where the Can o' corn no one has it in stock or know where I can Find it.
Fred K Magic
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1356 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Those who are using the potato chip can finish might consider loading some cloth covered spring snakes into the one without the phone for more fun...before you reveal the phone...
pm me for the souce of good cloth covered spring snakes, if interested. I can fit 3 into a regular size can.

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL