The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I did not know that about magnets not hurting credit cards.
I put my credit card in the same pocket with a super magnet trick I carry(by accident), and it quit working anywhere I swiped it. My other card I left in my wallet still worked. I had to send for a new card...

ACE
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Actually burn their IPhone....Ha hah hah...
:rotf:

-T
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Chance when will your "nested effect" for the appearance of the phone be ready? Is this something we will be able to have by Christmas?
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Fred,

A Café member had one for sale yesterday....

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Does the Can O Corn and/or the Can O Nuts use a can with a metal bottom?
Mister Mystery
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I believe the one I have and use is the Can O'Corn, and the bottom is metal.

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Steve. I was just wondering if I could use the modules of my device in conjunction with the Can O Corn, or Can O Nuts.
Mister Mystery
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I made something similar to yours (what's with the little electronic boxes?) to use. One can (that the gimmick fits into) isn't tampered with, the string attaches with a tiny magnet. I figured that if the end of the string were inside the can, then, to the spectator, the can had obviously already been opened, which we don't want! The other can does have the string attached. I give the "Can O'Corn" to the spectator to try out the "New Space-Age Cellphone", they find that it won't work, but rattles...then, out comes the opener.

I can't wait for the Wolf's Magic version...

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hi Steve. I felt the same way about the string going inside the can.

I call the electronic boxes modules, and they attach to the bottom of the cans. Then the 2 cans connect together with a phone cord. Each module has a switch that controls a Red LED, or the Green LED and a telescoping antenna for "wireless" mode.

My goal was to make something that would look kind of high-tech so I can explain that it is much better than the ones they used during their childhood. In fact I call it the High-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set.

From what you say, I think my modules might also work with the CW Can O Corn.

Thanks.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I seem to remember someone coming out with a wireless tin can card trick a couple years ago. You're "faxing" the card to the other can via the wireless connection of the antenna on the bottom of each can. Anybody else remember that? Seems like it was Professor...something...

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
You're kidding? Does it look similar to my Hi-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set?
Mister Mystery
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Nope..looks like 2 Campbell's soup cans with small funnels attached to the bases, and small antennae attached to that. Seems like there was a "joy buzzer" attached to 'em, too.

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Steve. I don't remember it, but then I am not a card man. Who was the manufacturer/inventor?
Mister Mystery
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Hey Steve!, I'm glad you are using the magnet idea to attach the string to the can. I mentioned it on the 3rd page of this topic, but someone debated it as not being logical.
I know you are working in a real world situation, and this would work in a real world situation. I should know, lol. I have not performed my Cellulator yet. All my shows have been birthdays's for 2 year old kids, and didn't think it would go over. And my night gigs are walk around. So I'll probably use it for a couple of Christmas shows and my 100 summer camp shows. I'm just worried they don't allow cell phones in the summer camps.
Cheers!
ACE
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ace, I agree with you 100%. Using magnets makes much more sense to me if you are using the "sealed" can at the end. Also, retrieving the phone in an empty, sealed can doesn't make sense to me either. In either scenario the impact of the sealed can is defeated, or at least weakened.

In my routine my devices will attach to the bottom of the cans, and the can that the phone will eventually turn up in will be sealed and filled with nuts. To me it makes more sense this way.

That's just me though, I'm sure there will be a lot of great routines with great endings.
Mister Mystery
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I fill my can with dried kidney beans (RED BEANS, CAMILLA BEANS for you, Ace!) for the production. Dump 'em into a big, gallon ziplock bag that they're holding.

Steve
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Luv them red beans, lol and I can make a mean batch of them, lol

I had the same type of discussion with guess who? Joh. Calve.. One little thing in his lecture didn't synchronize. So I asked a question? duh? could you do it this way?
(I grew up being told there is no such thing as a bad question.) Well, Guess you won the argument! The master of course. him. he said he did it that way for 300 years and no one ever said a thing. I saw the inconsistency, and he could not handle it. I even told him how to do it so there would not be an inconsistency, and he would not hear it! He make me feel like a peon! He would not even talk to me anymore! Imbarassed me.
So Cellulators! Do it like you like it!

cheers! (p.s. I just think too much)

ACE
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
On another note, I was watching "The Prestige" again, just now. His whole problem was not getting the applause. He should have done a second curtain call, and came out as himself as the Master Magician,(holding his double back stage) and been satisfied. But then the movie would have ended 1/2 hour early. lol If only he had the Cellulator then, That device they had reminds me of it. That was a Giant Cellulator. You think Chance could make one of those?

ACE
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Does anyone have another source for where to buy the white smoke. Theatre FX wants 29.00$ to ship via Fedex to Canada. I don't' mind paying a little extra, but this is outright thievery!!!! 10 of these little capsules CAN'T cost more than a few dollars to send surface. Same with the glow plugs....41.00$ to ship 6 of tehm (can't find them at my local hobby shop)!!!VERY FRUSTRATING.

Chance, maybe you can stock these for us "out of towners".

All the best,

John
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Try http: //www.morriscostumes.com/

They Used to have FX stuff years ago. I used to buiy a lot of stuff from them.
Then I did not order for a while, and they closed my account, and I'm having trouble re-opening it. I don't know what they have now. You might want to call them. They mostly do wholesale. If you have a business liscence you might be able to buy in bulk. No idea if postage will be any lower.
Tell them your problem and maybe they can help you.

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL