The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Indian Feather Trick question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
From what I understand, the feathers of most raptors are illegal to possess unless you are a Native and have permission.

That being said, various craft stores carry dyed turkey feathers that look like eagle or hawk feathers. I am in full agreement that the routine should be fully researched so as not to offend. You never know for whom you are performing.

Several years ago, I was performing at the Oklahoma State Fair, doing a routine that I was developing, based upon my persona's journey to China with Marco Polo. After one performance, I was summoned to the house by patron request. The folks who wanted to talk with me, introduced themselves as being of Chinese decent. They complemented me on my performance and said that they were quite impressed with the respect that I showed to their culture. Just the sort of endorsement I had hoped for! It was nice to know that I, and my research, were on the right track.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Indian Feather Trick question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL