The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dresden Files (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
378 Posts

Profile of Bill
Anybody else hooked on Jim Bakers Dresden Files? If you haven't read them, they're very different than the TV series. Kinda like Harry Potter on steriods and for adults. I LOVE THEM!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly? That will be my next series to read.

I caught one episode of it on tv at some point and enjoyed it - I wish I got to watch the whole series.
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
378 Posts

Profile of Bill
Blockbuster has the entire series on DVD. But the books can't be beat.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Lookign it up online - it's Jim Butcher, not Baker. That's for posting this.
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
I don't read much non-fiction. Being in the book business I am deluged with unasked-for recommendations. Usually for what turns out to be a new low in publishing for the unimaginative reader (and author!)

However, the Dresden Files books were good! Very entertaining. I read all of them very quickly after finishing the first novel. They are not "deep" reads by any means, but if you're looking for something to read for pleasure that will hold your interest you can't go wrong with these!

Just be aware that a couple of the books are not numbered, but still need to read them in order to know what is going on.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
378 Posts

Profile of Bill
Quote:
On 2007-10-08 10:21, MAKMagic wrote:
Lookign it up online - it's Jim Butcher, not Baker. That's for posting this.

What the #$%#....I know it's Butcher! How'd I write "Baker" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm possessed!!
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
The next book in the series (Small Favor) comes out on April 1st.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3505 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
The books are so much more fun than the tv series, but that's usually true!
Walt
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I don't like anything with the initials D F
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
FYI - on book 3 (Grave Peril) now. Loving the books... Thanks a lot for the recommendation Bill.
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
MAK, the series gets deeper and darker, with some neat twists along the way...
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Whooahh man this is a great series. I just finished book 7, Dead Beat. I think it was the most enticing (i.e. can't put it down) of the bunch yet. Loving it. I am really quite upset I can't watch the SciFi series now. I know the characters so well I really want to watch the episodes that came out before they were cancelled.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Are these available in audio?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Fauna Gob
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Fauna Gob
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 07:55, Matt Colman wrote:
I don't like anything with the initials D F

I know what you mean, I'm not a fan of M C

Fauna
I'm the hiphopapotamus, my rhymes are bottomless, sounds a little preposterous, spewing from my esophagus.
But, my ryhmes are so potent that during this small segment, I've made all the women in the last three threads pregnant.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
378 Posts

Profile of Bill
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 18:20, Slim King wrote:
Are these available in audio?

Yes, there are four audio books out. Go to Butchers web site http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/1/ or you can go here http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
FYI to Bill and the other Dresden fans out there.

A few times I looked around to see where I could get my hands on the SciFi episodes online and came up bunk.
I tried again today and found a site I could getem from - though it is a royal pain in the arse and time consuming. I'm workin on it now. On Ep.4 as we speak.

Bill or someone else - if someone has somewhere I can upload the files to for you, let me know. Otherwise PM me and I'll tell you where to getem.

PS - I finished the available books anxiously awaiting the next. I also started reading Butcher's Codex Alera. Very good.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
378 Posts

Profile of Bill
Mike:

I don't understand why you're having a hard time getting the SiFi series. You can rent them from Blockbuster. You can also buy them from them too.

Audio is also available online. I'm glad you enjoy them. Now if we can just get him to write them faster!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Bill - I thought they never made it to DVD since the season wasn't complete? COOL. Thanks!

I'm not really interested in Audio Books of things I've already read...or rather read recently.

FYI - I just finished the 3rd book in the Aleran Codex series...and looked up onine to find out the 4th was release this month! It is GREAT - Honestly I can't even tell they are by the same author. I suggest you pick it up!

Agreed - I wish he'd write them faster! So we're waiting until April fro the next one eh?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dresden Files (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL