The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Should I join local ring or IBM first? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I have been interested in the IBM for many years now, and I have access for my 2 endorsements, but I’m a little confused. On the IBM application it ask Joining through a Ring. We have a local ring here the Bob Kline Ring 65.

My question is which should I join first, my IBM locale Ring, or the IBM?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It works either way. You can join both at the same time, but technically you can't join a local ring unless you're an IBM member first.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
Dave, thanks for the reply that is what I thought, I guess I could have ask at the locale magi shop, but I live in a rual area and I hate to talk on the phone. ( old and hard of hearing) thanks again. Owln
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'd suggest going on and sending in your application if you've already got the 2 sponsors needed to apply. Then, get in touch with your local ring and join in the fun at the next meeting.

Good luck. Mark.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
When I joined just a few weeks ago, the local president was a stickler for the rules and insisted that I join the International group first, then the local one.

You may want to check with the local president first, as my group did have a requirement that I perform a 10-15 minute routine to show that I did have a genuine interest in magic before they'd let me in. Of course, I passed with flying colors. Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
As the Mississippi TVP, I can tell you that the bylaws do state that you must become a national IBM member prior to joining a local ring.

Steve Thomas
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Well...there you go. Thanks Steve!

Mark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Should I join local ring or IBM first? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL