The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cardifications (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Hello fellow magicians,

Myself and guest contributer Micheal Kras have just put together an E-book! It will be realesed sometime very soon and this is what will be included:

How Divine: A totally impromptu Thought-Of Card Across with a super-killer handling!

No Entry: The impossible Signed Card to Taped-Shut Pocket!

Suspended Triumph: A showy Triumph effect in which the spectators actually get to mix the cards together themselves!

Negative Image: Hit 'em between the eyes with this fast paced, heavy duty Two Deck colour change.

Target: Signed card thru window!

Transcardination: A crazy signed card to bill in spectators hands! A real magician fooler with no suspisious moves what so ever!

Spectator cuts to the Aces and Kings: Title explains all!

Signed 2 card transpo: No duplicates involved in this signed transpo!

It will be $15.

So, what do you guys think?
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
So your gonna put target in this...

Well, Target is a clever CTW and is actually practical in the real world so I know that's good.

No Entry... why have the pocket taped shut?? Im sure ive seen a vid of this and the handling looked poor, though I suppose it could have been improved.

How does your 2 card signed transpo compare to Catalyst by Peter Harrison?

Transcardination... is this a card appears in a folded bill, or that the bill swaps places with the cards?

Could be interesting, any info on the others.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Transcardination effect:

A card is selected, then signed and placed face up on the table. You borrow a bill and crumple it up and it is placed in a spectators fist. You then pick up the card and cleary show the signature and fold it signature side out, so they still see it. You make it vanish with no false moves (how to make the vanish is included)! You never go near the spectators fist, they open their hand, open their bill and inside is their signed card! Everything totally examinable! This will fool magicians!

No Entry has a couple varations but it is not my effect, it is Micheal's.

I will take a look at Catalyst and tell you after I look.

Thanks for the interest!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Cool, Transcardination sounds great if it's as described.

I really didn't like No Entry if it's what I saw.

Catalyst is a signed 2 cards transpo with no dupes and it's the one I use as it's so direct and well put together, but if different I'd be interested in seeing yours.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
If Catalyst has no "moves" Then that is probably better. In this there are a few moves. And yes exactly as described for Transcardination, it is that good!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Nice, I may pick this up just to see the thinking behind Transcardination.

Catalyst is great, in yours do the specs freely select the cards?

Here is the No Entry vid I saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3NigsphRgQ
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Yes the spectator has a free choice of any card, and no set up!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
It's different to Catalyst then, in Catalyst there is no set-up but the specs don't freely select the cards, though you can be handed a suffled deck and perform.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Hello,

Thank you for your interest. I agree, NO ENTRY is definitely not the best effect in the ebook.... in fact, I would go as far as to say it is the worst in the ebook! However, it will be well worth your money to learn Transcardination, Target, How Divine, and Suspended Triumph. Heck, they are all good! I am proud to work with such a great, fresh magic creator on this new ebook. If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Michael Kras
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

We are currently negotiating a possible DVD deal for Cardifications, so please stay tuned for more information. And, I have decided to include another killer effect in Cardifications.

It is called 808 (In reference to the number commonly found on the card case) and it is a brand new impossible card magic effect, and here is the effect:

The Effect

The magician has a card selected, boldly signed, and very fairly shuffled into the deck by a spectator. All the while, there has been another deck, brand new with a seal and cellophane wrapper, just sitting on the table with not even a glance from the magician. However, a spectator or two may take a glance, catching the glisten of the cellophane in the corner of their eye, and wonder why it is there. What is its purpose?

The magician attempts to find the card, failing right in front of the spectators who are trying to hold back a smile. After a few more tries, the magician searches the entire deck in a fit of frustration just looking for the missing signed card. However, it is found to be gone. There’s no logical reason for this, but since the magician hates to use an incomplete deck he decides to open the brand new one that has been sitting on the table the entire time. He gently yet rapidly tears off the cellophane covering and carefully breaks the familiar Bicycle brand deck seal. He slowly removes the deck and spreads it on the table with care. In the centre of the deck, a singe card seems out of place. In a curious attempt to remove this card from the deck, it is discovered to be the spectator’s signed card. Ahh, so THAT’S where it went.

KEEP IN MIND:

- No Palming
- No Duplicates
- No Gimmicks
- Sealed Deck NEVER Leaves Sight At All
- Seal AND Cellophane Still Intact
- Everything is Totally Examinable Including The Card Case

And that's "808". Any thoughts? Comments? Questions for Cardifcations?

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I know Target is good as my CTW utilises the same principle, and Transcardination sounds great.

How Divine... well I'm not sure how it can improve upon what was in the 'Thought of Cards Across Project' and Brainless Travelers... how does yours compare??

808... a decent sounding effect, but there are other versions so what makes yours different??

Suspended Triumph... how true is the description about the specs mixing the cards themselves?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

How Divine differs from them all for reasons unknown, but the methods are surely different.

808 involves no gimmicks, a totally examinable card box, no palming, no duplicates, no funny moves. Mine is different because it eliminates so many different problems with Sgined Card To Sealede Deck effects.

Suspended Triumph is as true as stated. The spectator really does mix them up, and there are absolutely no funny moves whatsoever.

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Here are the effects to be featured in CARDifications: The Card Magic of Michael Kras and Eric Simmatis.

How Divine: Under impossible conditions, a merely thought-of card is teleported to the magician even though the spectator has been holding the cards the entire time!

Target: An impossible Signed Card Through Window effect in which the card lands on a target drawn on the other side of the window. To top it off, there is a surprise kicker ending that will throw everyone through a loop!

Suspended Triumph: Even after the spectator himself mixes the cards face up into face down as much as he wants, the deck is impossibly repaired by the magician. Not only that, but the selected card is also impossibly found during the process!

Transcardination: A signed card impossibly appears within the folds of a borrowed bill which the spectator has been holding the entire time! You will love this ingenious handling!

Negative Image: You won't believe your eyes when you witness two whole decks become a totally reversed image! Words don't do this one justice.

The Vanish: A clever vanishing gimmick used in a whole new way!

No Entry: A signed card impossibly appears inside a just-examined and taped shut pocket!

Aces and Kings: A spectator impossibly cuts to both the aces AND the kings in this surprising effect!

808: A signed card impossibly appears within a deck of cards that is still sealed AND cellophaned shut! No palming, gimmicks, duplicates, or any funny moves. The deck is even in plain view the entire time! This effect and Target are worth the DVD price alone!

Signed Transpo: Two signed cards impossibly transpose with no duplicates!

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
So it's a DVD now for sure??

I can't help but be a tad sceptical considering past effects etc, and a couple of the descriptions sound too clean.

Like 'How Divine'... for the spec to have the deck in hand the whole time, they merely tink of any card and suddenly it's gone from the deck and the performer has it... surely it's not quite like this.

I look forward to seeing the material as it could be fantastic, who knows, but I can't say I'm convinced by the effect descriptions.

Hopefully you'll prove me wrong.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4442 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Michael sent me How Divine some time ago Y2John, and I reviewed it in the eBook section, check it out...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Lol... no way... just realised I got sent this also.

I didn't think it was that good to be honest, too drawn out.
The cards are not always in the specs hands either.

I can't remember it properly, I'll see if I can find my copy.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
We are know talking about bonus flourishes and tricks to be on or replacing other effects.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I would not include No Entry as it's, being kind, just horrible lol.

How Divine is alright I guess, but could really be improved and refined to become a whole lot better.

Target... yes, that is a good inclusion.

Suspended Triumph sounds good but I'm just unsure as to how true the description is.

Transcardination interests me, especially if it plays as mentioned.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4442 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think someone a little more experienced needs to be involved...just my opinion
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I think you should only put in effects that you've used on actual specs, and for the effects to have been fully thought through.

I think there's some interesting sounding effects, but make sure your descriptions don't make the effects sound better than what they are.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cardifications (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL