The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cardifications (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I don't get it.

You and I spoke regarding 808, and you agreed that you hadn't done the research necessary to be able to confidently claim it was a new method, and after discussing the concept with you further you agreed that your solution was not only not new, but a major step backwards both in mechanics and presentation.

Subsequently, you decided not to release it on a stand alone dvd. I applaud you for that.

But, since it won't be on dvd, you decide to include it in an ebook? I don't understand. You still haven't done the research necessary, nor have you offered the magic community anything new or better then previous solutions. How can you justify it's inclusion?

My offer still stands Mike- I would love see this ebook, and would be happy to give a fair review of it if you can send it to me tonight.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah I would like to hear someones views on the material, though I'm basically 100% sure I know the workings to 808 and if it's what I think then it is def a step back, and contains an ilogical moment.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4224 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Same
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I have to wonder, if you don't know what has came before, how do you know what your offering to the community has any real value. I remember in previous month you trying release something anything, it not working out then trying to "release" something else. after such antics it would take some large about of proving to restore that reputation, and so far I see nothing more then a kid wanting to either impress people or build ego
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Ben,

808 is just sort of included as a "bonus: and that's only definite if I do more research and find everything to be all-clear. Trust me, this is a totally honest, thorough project. This project is a definite, and I consider myself a contributor. I am not doing it for recognition at all, just doing it because it is what I enjoy doing.

You will all definitely hear a review soon.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I don't want to hurt this DVD so I will no longer post here. CARDifications is a good project with some excellent card work, especially by Eric Simmatis. All of the routines in here have been in our daily repertoires for at least 2 years, and we decided to share them with you. We were approached to make a DVd, an offer which we couldn't refuse. You will be thoroughly pleased with CARDifications. But until then, wait for a review.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Please, direct any further questions to Eric or myself via PM.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-10-21 20:55, Joshua Barrett wrote:
I remember in previous month you trying release something anything, it not working out then trying to "release" something else. after such antics it would take some large about of proving to restore that reputation, and so far I see nothing more then a kid wanting to either impress people or build ego

I second that.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I'm sorry but you talk about how all this material is in your daily performing set Mike and how you use it to make a good living from magic but at 14 how often to you get to perform "In the trenches" away from family and friends and how much of an income do you actually make.

Lets use Chris Williams as an example. I know he is working pro, I know he works all the time in the real world to real people and his livleyhood depends on being good at what he does. So when he releases something I sit up and listen because what he hs to say is tried and tested. I might not agree with everything but I know he is coming from a situation where he has tried everything in the real world.

So my question to you Mike is how much of this material is REALLY REALLY tried and tested. How many times have you performed this material to people that you don't know nd will never see again? You say you make a good income from magic - how many hours of paid performing have you clocked up in the last week and the last month? How long have these routines been in development - anything less than one year and I am not interested. If you want my hrd earned money I want to see routines that you have tried and tested over and over for at least a year because then I will know that even if they don;t fit my style they do work out there.

And if the answers to these questions are what I think they will be then stop trying to release trash and think about what you are doing

Craig
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
What do you expect me to do now, then?
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 05:38, Craig Petty wrote:
I'm sorry but you talk about how all this material is in your daily performing set Mike and how you use it to make a good living from magic but at 14 how often to you get to perform "In the trenches" away from family and friends and how much of an income do you actually make.

Lets use Chris Williams as an example. I know he is working pro, I know he works all the time in the real world to real people and his livleyhood depends on being good at what he does. So when he releases something I sit up and listen because what he hs to say is tried and tested. I might not agree with everything but I know he is coming from a situation where he has tried everything in the real world.

So my question to you Mike is how much of this material is REALLY REALLY tried and tested. How many times have you performed this material to people that you don't know nd will never see again? You say you make a good income from magic - how many hours of paid performing have you clocked up in the last week and the last month? How long have these routines been in development - anything less than one year and I am not interested. If you want my hrd earned money I want to see routines that you have tried and tested over and over for at least a year because then I will know that even if they don;t fit my style they do work out there.

And if the answers to these questions are what I think they will be then stop trying to release trash and think about what you are doing

Craig


Allow me to answer your questions. I use every one of the routines present in everyday life... each one has been in my repertoire for at least two years. Especially Sense of Touch and Negative Image, which I never do a set without.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I honestly sincerely wish I could stop the project, but it isn't my project to stop. I am just a mere contributor among two other people working on this,so if
I could take this off, I would. I honestly would as I don't want my reputation to go entirely down the drain. I want to listen and learn from you. It's just that people keep wanting to work with me and it hurts me every time.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 07:58, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
It's just that people keep wanting to work with me and it hurts me every time.


I think the reason for that is because of what you did.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 07:58, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
I honestly sincerely wish I could stop the project, but it isn't my project to stop. I am just a mere contributor among two other people working on this,so if
I could take this off, I would. I honestly would as I don't want my reputation to go entirely down the drain. I want to listen and learn from you. It's just that people keep wanting to work with me and it hurts me every time.



If you are not confident with your material then CARDifications will be called off...

Eric
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 07:58, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
It's just that people keep wanting to work with me and it hurts me every time.


I think the reason for that is because of what you did. Who would want to get in an argument with you for no reason?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
A word of advice, I would not sell anything or do any project till at least 18. under that your signature is worth less you can't even get under a contract ect ect. and besides that by then you will have gained more maturity and desicion making
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4450 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Thanks for the kind words Craig. I don't a;ways expect people to agree with what I say, but it is nice that they acknowledge what I say.

Michael, I think it is time you just slow down and think. Why do you want to release material so badly? It seems that as soon as an idea comes into your head, you MUST release it. In fact, some of the things you create are so...insane...that the reason they haven't been released before...is because they just aren't workers at all.

It seems like you are trying to force yourself on us. I realise a lot of young Magicians these days think that releasing Magic etc and getting your name out seems great, and that you can make a lot of money...truth is...there is no real money in Magic, and having a name...means nothing. So you go to a couple conventions a year and someone says 'Hey, your Michael Kras'...so??? That doesn't mean anything, and doesn't get you anywhere, you get nothing from it. Yes it feels nice that someone you have never seen or spoken to knows your name, but that is it.

There are Magicians who spend a lot of time and money working on routines for the REAL world, for complete strangers, not friends in school, or out with friends, but going to a place they've never seen, meeting people they have never spoken to. It really isn't easy. I don't think there is a huge deal on a minimum age, but you have to think...that up to a certain age, you are at school most of the time, or college, and so not REALLY performing and learning. I tell you this Michael as I don't want you to fall flat on your face when you perform in the real world. All to often we see people say 'This has been in my reportoire for a couple years now', when really they mean it just popped into their head, performed it in front of the mirror, and think if they say they have been doing it for years, people will believe them. Trust me, people won't believe it, and it is easy to see how much thought has gone into a routine.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Well said Chris
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19757 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you guys recall I was the big bad wolf of the last Michael Krass story.

You guys have jumped in here and I applaud your ability to speak nice to him and try to encourage him in general, and yet tell him the truth.

My problem is I don't give the truth with novicane. Brian Miller and I tried in public and private to help our young friend, and still nothing.

Last time Michael your "research" included lines and tricks DIRECTLY from the sets of working pros. This time you do no research.

My young friend as I said to you in a PM the very idea that a 14 year old releases things from his working material, is laughable. Please stop LOL.

Research will help you here. Most tricks take 1000s of performances in front of living breathing people to even consider releasing. That is the good ones do.

The problem is you have "ideas" and on paper they work. In your head they work. In the world, well not so much. Your first lecture notes were littered with ideas that needed to be flushed out some more. A LOT MORE.

Hopefully in the next few months you will discover girls and this type of thing will not be so much fun for you any more.


I will say it again. Jonathan Townsend put it best when he said that when you release things at this age it is the equivilant of us having to grade your homework! Not too much fun for us. Plus it makes you look worse than you already do.

People will respect you FAR MORE if you just learn at your age instead of try to teach us. Heck I have been doing this professionally for longer than you have been breathing. Now you want to consider yourself my peer.

You are the same child who told us that Tarbell was "dated". Needed to start an entire thread about it. Claimed to have read it through thouroughly. Which is funny because you had basically just atained the ability to read LOL. Then when told how crazy the idea was, you "skimmed through it" and found gold!

Michael please learn this lesson my young friend. I enjoy your youthfull enthuseasm. I really really do. BUT it needs to be tempered with common sense. I wish I had a bit less of the second and a bit more of the first for me personally. Really. But come on, please just stop all this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
And well said Dannydoyle... I think between everyone here, and especially Chris's and Dannydoyles posts, you have some great advice to listen to Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cardifications (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL